Healers Have to Die, part III

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
Reading the combat log and determining which target to target, placing the target on the healer and telling you pretty much this is the one to kill for the whole party is... unfair.

Bad healers are scared of this add on.

Indeed, especially bad healers who don't PvP as a healer.

ITT: Stupidity.

You really need it reworded in order to understand my intent? Okay.

Bad healers who PvP as healers and are bad at it are scared of this add on because they are bad.

Clearer for you now?

You really needed it worded that way in order to understand my intent? Okay.

Bad healers who PvP as healers and are bad at it are scared of this add on because they are bad.

Clearer for you now?

You quoted a healer and made a blanket statement that bad healers are afraid of the add-on. Thus one could logically deduce you were speaking of the HEALER you quoted.

Clearer for you now?

Lol.
No, it's not a matter of "training wheels" or "this will make peeps better, thumbs up!" It's a matter of demolishing the fun of an entire role in PvP.

So... are you saying that healing in PvP is only fun because a large chuck of the player base doesn't have the skills to recognize you as a healer and make you a kill priority?
03/13/2011 2:56 PMPosted by Malecifar
Reading the combat log and determining which target to target, placing the target on the healer and telling you pretty much this is the one to kill for the whole party is... unfair.

That's not exactly what it does.

Then what is your problem? If it's not happening to you, and you don't PVP on that healer, then let other people speak for themselves. Stop trying to be a white knight and join in on a crusade that doesn't affect you either way.

My problem is that I don't have to be damaged from this add-on to see exactly how broken it is. If I felt like PvPing on this toon, I certainly won't be anytime soon, DUE to this add-on. Therefore, this add-on -is- affecting me. It's also affecting me anytime I PvP with people who use it. But then again, you seem to be one of those people who are vehemently defending this add-on because you actually need it, thus your earlier argument of healers not blending in is moot.

hahaha

Thank you for clearing up what I had already suspected, as you're obviously one of those "won't someone think of the children?" type of people.

I'm actually thankful that you now longer want to PVP as a healer. If you knew anything about being a healer, you wouldn't look at being focus fired as such a bad thing. Any competent healer can withstand being beaten on by multiple people, and would know that they're being a massive benefit to their team in the process.

Now you only need to heal one person, yourself, while the rest of the DPS on your team are free to pick off the now defenseless people attacking you one by one while you kite them around and keep yourself alive.

You should just stop now, you've effectively removed every ounce of credibility you might have had. Zero experience with more baseless assumptions.

Not that it's any of your business, but I don't use this mod. I never have, and probably never will. I've read up on it quite a bit, I know what it's capable of, and I also know that it's not something that would be very useful to me.

As I and others have said many times by now, healers don't blend in like you seem to think they do. They're very easy to spot, and honestly the only part of this mod that I felt might be worth-while was being able to keep tabs on the friendly healers more often, so it's easier for me to see when they're getting dogpiled and need some assistance.

Lol.

I lol when I'm called out for being a tard too. Good coping mechanism.

I'm laughing at you because your whole point with me is ridiculous. If you don't understand that the healers I am referring to when speaking about healers in this thread are healers that participate in PvP,

lol.

*holds straw out for worgen to grasp at*
03/13/2011 3:04 PMPosted by Kevyne
So... are you saying that healing in PvP is only fun because a large chuck of the player base doesn't have the skills to recognize you as a healer and make you a kill priority?

No, even having a CHANCE to heal.

Addons like this takes the CHANCE out of finding the healer. It AUTOMATES it.

Meh... I've had those BG's recently where I get nuked early and often... I feel the pain. I blame my teammates for not protecting me rather than the add-on for making my presence known. It's a team game ... my job is to heal and keep my teammates alive ... it's my teams job to keep me alive.
It is indeed arguable that this is automating pvp gameplay which is one of Blizzard standards for addon use and creation.

I hope Blizzard stands by their word.

Exactly. Thanks to this thread I've already decided to take the 5-6 healers I own out of BGs. It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much, but now that I see this addon being used by more and more people, I'm not even going to bother crafting a PvP set. It's just not worth it.

Does anyone else see the irony in that the majority of the people who are SO against even just the thought of this addon are those who openly admit that they don't even PVP?

Exactly. Thanks to this thread I've already decided to take the 5-6 healers I own out of BGs. It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much, but now that I see this addon being used by more and more people, I'm not even going to bother crafting a PvP set. It's just not worth it.

Does anyone else see the irony in that the majority of the people who are SO against even just the thought of this addon are those who openly admit that they don't even PVP?

You'd think they'd like an add-on that makes it doubly more important to protect them. I mean, if they PvP'd.
This topic really is e'splodin' with outrage, eh? I'd say it's no big deal, and here's why, people who need it generally aren't good enough to matter. Someone in some post once said, knowing to kill the healer is 75% of being good at PVP, but I'd say it's actually just being able to identify the priority target. People who are actually bad enough to need a flashing neon arrow that says "Kill dis' yo" are probably just gonna lol-tunnel-vision and miss the people they should be killing. You said once some guys mobbed your shadow priest after healing, which lead to flag carrier waltzing straight away, idiots will be idiots right? All this does is add to the number of useless clutter that will rush the healer and not stunlock the pally that just popped wings, or peel the rogue that opened on their healer, or bash the frost mage that chose to roll a frost mage.

Basically, the good ain't need it, and the need it ain't good.

I'm laughing at you because your whole point with me is ridiculous. If you don't understand that the healers I am referring to when speaking about healers in this thread are healers that participate in PvP,

lol.

*holds straw out for worgen to grasp at*

So then, what was your point in quoting me if you weren't talking to me? Oh that's right, you were.

I'll quote my first post so you can recall things easier.

03/13/2011 2:50 PMPosted by Kimarla

Except we don't care if good players down us. Being focus fired on by 8 baddies is the problem, and a problem that wouldn't exist if this mod didn't.

Bad healers are scared of this add on.

You might notice the words "we" and "us," and how they are used.