Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
03/15/2011 6:53 PMPosted by Mitch
...... how bout buffing boomkins? =]

Just FYI from the Dev Q&A:

Some classes that struggle in Arena, like hunters and Balance druids, perform very well in Battlegrounds.

The devs don't believe boomkins are broken. However, I find it really hard to play when I can't keep melee off me. Instant roots was nerfed. Typhoon is bugged. Starsurge is our only instant cast ability that hits hard, and is being nerfed for 20% damage reduction with no compensation elsewhere.

And WILD MUSHROOMS. lol
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

Sophisticated = Our GMs will actually read your tickets now and not automate a random response.

Stepping up detection = We've hired "awesomebotthatcannotbenamed" to update Warden.

Aggressive action = Suspending casuals did not cough up the money for a good bot because we still cannot touch the high rated players for fear of losing any semblance of pvp balance this game has.

Took you almost 3 years to get around to this and you expect us to believe you are going to follow through on this now?
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

There's an issue/bug with reporting people in gilneas. It seems to do nothing no matter how many people report.

I hope players who go AFK and are booted out of the battleground normally without subverting the system are excluded from this tracking, even if it happens frequently. They are already punished by having their honor removed. I know I'd feel nervous about leaving the keyboard for a moment or getting disconnected if players were getting their accounts acted against for normal inactivity.
03/15/2011 6:56 PMPosted by Keepsayke
I see a lot of high rated players afking bg's all the time. Kind of wonder how they'll react.

There is really not much reason for high rated players to even step foot in a normal BG anymore (other than maybe to roll the undergreared... which is not afking).

They no longer need honor to buy gear... so there is very little reason to be there.

Did I miss something?

How do arena players not need honor?
Did I miss something?

How do arena players not need honor?

Heh... apparently you did miss something... called Conquest points.

High-rated players are decked out in Conquest gear, not honor gear.

Honor points have no meaning to them unless it is a fresh 85 (in which case, it WILL NOT be a high rated toon either).

The post that I quoted originally said that they had seen "high rated" players AFKing/botting... that is unlikely.
There's an issue/bug with reporting people in gilneas. It seems to do nothing no matter how many people report.

Both new battlegrounds have this issue. It's been reported but if the patch notes on the PTR are anything to go by, not fixed yet. :(
OMG

/Cheers

!!!

This is pure gold
03/15/2011 7:52 PMPosted by Neobahamut
So they're automatically in full vicious? Cool.

Yeah all the ones who didn't get banned for hacking in archeology.
03/15/2011 7:52 PMPosted by Neobahamut

Wow, I just didn't think this was that hard to understand.

If you have actually worked your way to a "high rating" (that my original quote mentioned) then you have had PLENTY of time to move beyond honor gear and into Conquest gear.

There is just very little reason (almost none) for a toon that is "high rated" to be afk in an honor BG.
03/15/2011 7:57 PMPosted by Keepsayke

Wow, I just didn't think this was that hard to understand.

If you have actually worked your way to a "high rating" (that my original quote mentioned) then you have had PLENTY of time to move beyond honor gear and into Conquest gear.

There is just very little reason (almost none) for a toon that is "high rated" to be afk in an honor BG.

How is this different than any other season?
Thank you for the good news, Bashiok.

+100000000! :D
03/15/2011 6:25 PMPosted by Nastaygurl
So you do know this forum exists. O.o

I do believe this is the first blue post in the battleground forums since their recreation
Thank you trying to fix this problem.

I don't play in the non-exp-locked BG's anymore, in large part because of bots and afk'ers. However, you give my dusty 85's hope. If you and your team follow through, I'm writing you in for president in 2012.

Carry on. Godspeed.