Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
03/19/2011 8:04 PMPosted by Kalistia
Over 50... Gotta ask... is this new sophisticated level of tech goblin or gnomish? Would like to know if I should expect it to backfire or just explode in our face.

Its Gnollish
So... nonexistent and/or having no practical application?
So... nonexistent and/or having no practical application?

I saw several of the bots i reported over the last week in games today and yesterday.

Yup, same here. Éww from Ner'zhul was in 2 or three battleground in a row with me again today, even after reporting here thru:

1. the report AFK system
2. writing out a ticket to GM... multiple times in past days
3. sending emails to Blizzard

Warning people at the beginning of the EotS and IoC had it so multiple people reported her as AFK right from the start of the BG. Not only did she NOT get removed from the BG, but she was rewarded for contributing nothing in the end, too.

http://i51.tinypic.com/243rf36.png

here's the pic of her getting free honor (and don't forget free leveling experience) the other day:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2v26ovk.png

from the date of last sign-in on the armory (3/15/11), does that mean she hasn't logged out since then?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Éww/simple

We report and Blizzard does nothing.
Be careful here blue poster.

if a player chooses to not participate but is actually there what right do you have to boot the player. BOTS need to be destroyed from the game but players not participating maybe due to harrasment, a phone call, a wife or worse yet possibly talking in gchat.

In my opinion if u pay your money you have a right to be wherever you are and do whatever you want, provided it is not against the TOS. And from what i read it is not against the TOS to not participate if you do not wish to do so.

Kill the BOTS, make it damn hard to AFK but suspending or bannning legitimate players who for whatever reason choose not participate is not a Blizzard issue. It is an issue with the players on the team that has an afk player in it.

BLizzard should focus on making afk buffs stick, shorten the time and increase the penalty.
BOTS are another problem and i wish Blizz well, but i have reported over 100 BOTS and still see them regulary botting around bgs and probably always will.

In addition.

I just logged another alt to play WG - i sat at the GY and not once did i get an afk buff.
Amazing how terribad the general population of WOW is now.

Its nice to see people concerned on forums, but the other 11.999 repeater million seemingly couldnt give a toss.

Maybe they cared when they entered, maybe they didnt. Its up to the players to get them out and Blizz to provide decent tools to do so.

Dont entirely blame blizz, but understand Life happens. Playing WOW or not.
oh and there is a big difference between cant and wont - its called freedom. ty very much goodbye.
bugger one more thing.

afking bgs for ilevel gear to do heroics is a problem.

not so much for tanks of course but they are the smallest population. Think about that Blizz.

ilevel killed gearscore (clap clap) but what did it do ?

Have you read about tanks who zone into an instance naked and proceed to harass the other members of the group? Non-participation is one aspect of that harassment.

Doesn't matter how you put it, non-participation is a form of harassment. Bot programs-- like the ones mentioned on Arena Junkies forum that were part of the archeology bot program, are used to level characters through battlegrounds (by non-participation and/or pathing bots, the ones that have set paths between their own GY and the enemy GY and auto-follow bots)-- gain honor and leveling experience.

It's a method as to how cheaters cheat. They can't be arsed to play the game and then complain when they get banned because --- get this--- they can't play the game anymore after receiving a much deserved ban. Not that they were playing WoW to begin with, what with their automated software program leveling new toons for them and doing other things in-game. The person simply is NOT at their keyboard.

As an example, I've mentioned a bot I've run into for the past couple of days now: Éww of Ner'zhul.

What's the deal with her? By the looks of her armory, she hasn't signed off the game since the 15th, which was Tuesday. That's 4 or 5 days straight that this "person" hasn't logged out.

Blizzard needs to get off the dime and DO something in cases of blatant botting.
damn i was logging out - but no i havent read about naked tanks mouthing off. I would be pissed for sure.
03/19/2011 9:34 PMPosted by Tarlyon
damn i was logging out - but no i havent read about naked tanks mouthing off. I would be pissed for sure.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228423067?page=1

wanted to add the Blue reply to the above linked post (naked tank one):

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior isn't new - just in a new-ish form. Ultimately, it's the same old griefing.

This is covered in our Harassment Overview:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20455

Physical Harassment We have taken great strides to ensure all physical harassment (i.e. stealing resource nodes, kill stealing, training) is addressed or being addressed by the development team. Forms of physical harassment in the game will not be addressed by the GM staff, but instead with a development resolution, if warranted. This however does not include abusing game mechanics/exploiting or disrupting zones/areas to cause another player grief or distress.

Underlined for emphasis what our Game Masters assist with. >^.^<

Glad to hear you have already taken the appropriate steps, Popful - placing these "tanks" on ignore is the best thing you can do for yourself, as it insures you will never be grouped with that tank again via the LFD system. Reporting them helps us educate them that this is not appropriate behavior, and it may result in account warning or suspension. Subsequent offenders may also run a high risk of permanent account closure.
03/19/2011 9:13 PMPosted by Tarlyon
n my opinion if u pay your money you have a right to be wherever you are and do whatever you want, provided it is not against the TOS. And from what i read it is not against the TOS to not participate if you do not wish to do so.

#

# What if I'm just not in the mood to play? Battlegrounds are hard, and I'd much rather just sit in a tower and make daisy chains. If I'm not using automation software, is this type of behavior okay?

No. Each battleground—Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, Eye of the Storm, and Isle of Conquest—contains within it a set of prescribed objectives which must be achieved in order to win. As winning matches is the intended purpose (or end goal) of our battleground system, refusing to participate in the completion of these objectives is considered a violation of policy. This applies whether or not automation software is enabled.

http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=9679802928&sid=1

Authority leads and misconceives understanding....therein we find the graveyard where logic and reason bury themselves out of self titillating delight.
So that is Blizzards intepretation of their TOS, not the TOS you sign up to.

No wonder no one gets banned; BOT or AFK. Its subjective and does not reference a contractual obligation that a player has agreed to in clicking their TOS agreement.

sigh
Players in Battlegrounds need to start looking for and reporting AFK’s! And Botters! I Don’t even need the Honor... As im working on getting Arena Epics, I go into BG’s To help other Alliance WIN And Im one of the few who always Joins as heals un like Most in my battle group. Please do your part to help your faction remove players getting free Honor, Another problem is sometimes by the time a player is reported the BG has ended and Blizzard Just Awarded cheaters free Honor from our hard work trying to win...

some of you need to get a set of PvP gear, I see lots in BG’s wearing thier PvE gear and that’s why you die so fast...lol And it’s part of the reason we lose sometimes...

And All the complaining? In BG’s... The way I see it if you have time to type that much nonsense your most likely not fighting and that hurts the Team and makes you>your server>your Guild look bad.

- Happy Gaming!:)
RIFT Anyone? lols
good discussion but they footies about to stary - GO Manly - catch yas
So that is Blizzards intepretation of their TOS, not the TOS you sign up to.

No wonder no one gets banned; BOT or AFK. Its subjective and does not reference a contractual obligation that a player has agreed to in clicking their TOS agreement.

sigh

You are renting your everything with this game. They can ban you or anyone for any or no reason at any time. It is all there in the TOS.

Their game. Their rules. Their enforcement. They can be as fickle or stringent as they like.