Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
I had a friend that got his account banned for botting.... I laughed. To bad that was back in vanilla when bliz was more able to monitor ie before they had 12 million accounts to watch lol.
you guys do realize that they are just saying that to shut you complainers up for a while right? bots always have been and always will be a part of the game. deal with it.

Blizzard has been doing the same thing every day to everyone who tickets a botter, We get a auto generated response from the in game customer service bot saying" we will investigate and take appropriate action". But for some strange reason that account will continue to bot right up thru the brackets without slowing down even a little. So i gotta ask, what exactly is the appropriate action for confirmed botting ?
Free gears ?
bump
all i know is if you step away for a sec because of kids or water boiling over and want to turn stove off lol etc something real and been gone just a few secs and get back and been kicked out of bg sucks but excepted but to get banned is a little much so i hope it does`t get that serious
03/24/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Xandrille
all i know is if you step away for a sec because of kids or water boiling over and want to turn stove off lol etc something real and been gone just a few secs and get back and been kicked out of bg sucks but excepted but to get banned is a little much so i hope it does`t get that serious

I've been BGing for the better part of 4 years now(!) and have never been so much as flagged as AFK once. Not a single time.

The repeat offenders are the ones who queue into BGs over and over and over again and never leave the starter zone, or who mount up and follow the nearest player to them and never help after that. These are the ones who are being automated by an outside program and should rightfully get their characters deleted and or whole accts banned.
i agree but the one that afk for real reasons kids fall get hurt and need a little comfort or what ever the case may be shouldnt be banned maybe kicked from that bg but not banned thats all im saying.
03/24/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Xandrille
i agree but the one that afk for real reasons kids fall get hurt and need a little comfort or what ever the case may be shouldnt be banned maybe kicked from that bg but not banned thats all im saying.

Right-click the PVP symbol on your mini-map: "leave battleground". It takes 2 seconds, tops.

You'll get a 15 minute debuff, but you left of your own free will. And 15 min debuff is the only penalty. Done and done.

how on earth are people confusing a single happenstance with repeatedly re-queuing inactive BG botters?

Can the original poster change this thread name to the QQ Afk/Bots thread? If your so upset that your wasting hard earned money on the game, dont like whats going on with it, or your unhappy about the lack of action for all your reporting and/or crying, there is a very simple solution. Im sure you know what Im talking about.
03/24/2011 5:16 PMPosted by Grôg
Resistance is futile... you cannot win.... thread locked

The thread is not locked
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

Wrong Bash ..your sitting on your butt....I just did a strands of the ancients and had 7 of 15 of the alliance where afk. This is what my hard earn money is going for to face these kind of odds each and every battleground.
03/24/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Xandrille

Again, you will not be punished for leaving a battleground, be it on purpose or by getting auto-booted.

What Blizz is looking for are the people who remain inactive for the majority of their battlegrounds, but use all the little tricks to stay in the BG so they can suck up free honor.

Blizz knows you have a RL and they won't punish you for it.
03/24/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Xandrille

Don't put a freaking pot on the stove just as your que up for a dang bg now..have some respect for the other players in your group and set up time to be ready.
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

This is the kind of post that makes me satisfied as a customer. Even if the company cannot immediately fix the problem, a post like this one from Bashiok lets me know that the devs see this as a serious issue and are working to take serious steps to stop it.

03/25/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Hades

This is the kind of post that makes me satisfied as a customer. Even if the company cannot immediately fix the problem, a post like this one from Bashiok lets me know that the devs see this as a serious issue and are working to take serious steps to stop it.

You are kidding right ....all these months of getting this type of ticket for reporting those that are afk in bgs and your happy with this ...they have sat on their butts for months on this issue ...and we the dumb customers keep paying and paying to have this kind of treatment....as I said a bit ago I just did a strands of the ancients were 7 out of the 15 alliance where afk..how the heck is my team suppose to win with those odds now?

There is really not much reason for high rated players to even step foot in a normal BG anymore (other than maybe to roll the undergreared... which is not afking).

They no longer need honor to buy gear... so there is very little reason to be there.

At the moment, you can DE the gear, so its free maelstrom crystals.
03/25/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Outplayedlol
This will probally take 2-3 years to be implemented

When they run out of bots, so could be a decade or more
lol i just used that as a example i have 7 kids and in my house anything could happen and the q for bg is long at times and in my house you have to fit play time in when u can. and im all for banning boters : ) have fun