Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Regarding the previous blue post. Im just wondering. Would deleveling characters who leveled via AFKing be a possible solution. Because in all honesty, this would hit players the hardest to notice they were logged and instantly lost all the levels they worked oh so hard for.
If there is less botting in BG's I'll be so happy. I'm glad Blizz is taking a harder stance on it.
What's that your adding in more ways to spot botters? I feel like I have seen that posted before...hmmm must have just been me.
Thank you and Good Hunting.
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

I think I am getting teary eyed :P I am sooo happy :)

Woohoo! The Horde's winning percentage just went down!! Thank the man upstairs!
Oh my, I was beginning to think they didn't care about bots :) This is great, is there a new report feature?
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

YES!!

OK I'm happy now thank you.

Can I get a AMEN brothers. It's about time.
You mean I can start playing BGs again?

I'm glad to hear this because I've noticed the problem increasing as I level. Just tonight, there were three people AFK in SotA, at least one in EotS, two in AV, etc.. I didn't seem to have this issue at lower levels but the higher up I get, the worse it gets. And it's really irritating reporting these people and watching them get away with it. I reported a guy like two weeks ago for AFKing in BGs back to back to back and not only was he not harshly punished but he's since hit 83 and was able to purchase a full PvP set at 60 and 70 with honor he didn't earn. I imagine he'll probably do the same thing once he hits 85 and it's just really ridiculous, especially when you consider the fact that he appears to be the GM of a "PVP guild" (afk pvp guild?) and, I believe, was wearing heirlooms at one point. Such players know better.
Did I miss something?

How do arena players not need honor?

Heh... apparently you did miss something... called Conquest points.

High-rated players are decked out in Conquest gear, not honor gear.

Honor points have no meaning to them unless it is a fresh 85 (in which case, it WILL NOT be a high rated toon either).

The post that I quoted originally said that they had seen "high rated" players AFKing/botting... that is unlikely.

I beg to differ!
So I know you guys may employ a computer nerd or two...so I propose this. Build an intelligence division, give them a monthly budget of like I dunno $10k-20k to buy botting programs, and power leveling and gold services. THEN observe the power leveling/gold characters data logs, and then reverse engineer the software/codes. Implement counter-scripts. Good Game.
Huh, habitual afk'ers. I wonder if I will qualify when I afk out in disgust?
We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing.

This post really makes me mad. I honestly think that's exactly what's wrong with this community.. If someone is found botting they should be banned period and not suspended. People get away with so much stuff because they know all they'll get is a slap on the wrist..
Good finally
OH M'TITAN, BLUE POSTS EXIST ON THIS FORUM? Let's poke the dang-blasted post with a stick just a lil' bit more!
You've been all talk and no action on this matter for YEARS. The last meaningful banwave for bots was in in BC, what, 4 or 5 years ago? That's just not good enough. So I'm not breathing a sigh of relief upon hearing this (likely) spin. Even if you back this up with another banwave, I still won't be impressed, as that is just tokenism, and as a new generation of bots emerge, I won't be the only one who thinks that way, especially if we need to wait another 2 expansions before we see another bunch of bans.

The only way to impress me will be to have these banwaves occur no less frequently than every 3-4 months. How would that be done? I dunno, surely you guys get enough money to nut this out? Maybe start announcing banwaves publicly agian, a week or so after the fact if you're concerned about the bot-makers getting too much info from it. This will ensure people are aware that bans do get handed down and you don't need to be unlucky or incompetent to get hit with the banhammer. Knowing this, less people will take the risk. On top of that, pursue bot-makers in court, like you did with the famous bot from way back when whose name started with "G" and ended with "der". This will serve to deter would-be bot-programmers.

A hard, no-nonsense, proactive approach which is now needed due to the scale of the problem and will impress me and countless others to no end. You need to lay down the law with these people Blizzard, show them who's boss.

EDIT 1: After some thinking and reflection, I decided to re-write this post.
EDIT 2: Going through some of my old posts, saw fit to make the post seem less ranty and more to-the-point.