4.1, the patch of disappointments.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
Thank you for posting TotalBiscuit's Daily Azeroth he posted a week or two ago.

Well if TotalBiscuit claimed we were "promised Abyssal Maw" than I guess he's as dumb as I originally thought.

HA

ANYONE with half a brain knows how development works on games, concepts or ideas do not mean they'll make it into a game. Come on, only children and people who feel entitled to stuff will whine about things that are sometimes difficult to achieve. case in point the dual battle system (pvp/pve) do you have ANY idea how tough it is to make a game, code for it, test it, test it again code some more til its right?

whenever you see stuff at blizzcon or panels you must remember that the things they are showing us are CONCEPTS, they still have much to do on them and the time frame they pose as their arrival is simply an estimate.

*blubbery babble* "but but we were promised x and y" */blubblery babble*
SHUT UP.
they said they were working on it and they hoped to get it in by a certain time

.....wait til you have a job with deadlines... hoo boy..
03/16/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Grandevil
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.

I wasn't aware that playing casually and employing successful communication & coordination were mutually exclusive.

*shrug*
03/16/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Mebash
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.

Pretty much

Yep

Sadly the OP is a part of the vocal minority that he is calling out in his QQ thread.
03/16/2011 5:45 PMPosted by Søulreaper
ok, i changed the 2%, and yeah i just kinda came up with it on the spot, but it still is a VERY small playerbase that wanted those 2 back.

1st. Quote where they promised these things in 4.1
2nd. If you admitted to making up one part of your post then I'm not likely to believe anything else you say either. Go be mad somewhere else.
i think the OP needs to link us to where a blizz dev "promises" any of those things

and i mean he/she has to literally say "we promise _____"
Because on guild got Glory to the Cataclysm Raider, doesn't mean everyone is ready....

And BlizzCon is like the PTR, where ideas are processed and not final.
Get that into your head.
03/17/2011 1:54 PMPosted by Peste
Actually I'm not ready for a new tier of raids. I could still go for at least 4 months with the current set. At LEAST.

this is kind of why i agreed with blizz's idea to hold off on new raids the progression is made more smooth this way so i applaud their idea of holding of the raids to avoid the wrath naxx situation.
Troll RAID, not troll DUNGEON GC. How many times must we go through this. :(

Either way, trolls is trolls and you can never go wrong.
look what you guys promised us in 4.1,
we were promised the abyssal maw, not 1, but 2 NEW dungeons, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.
and finally, we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal when you help out the guardians of hyjal, and as far as i can tell, NONE of the info that was promised is in the patch notes, please share your opinion on this.

Funny...I completely forget that visit, where a Blizzard rep visited my house, and personally *promised* me specific future content in WoW.

Oh wait. They wouldn't do that.

I'm sure they phoned to tell me...

Oh wait...nope.

Fact: Blizzard didn't *promise* anything. So stop acting like you're the wounded hero here who has been wronged.

The Abyssal Maw? Yeah, Blizzard said they were *planning* on releasing it with the Firelands. Guess what? Plans change. I'm sure if you think really hard in your own life, you can come up with at least once, where you had plans, and you had to change them because of other influences.

Who asked for ZG and ZA back? No one. Who asked for Baradin Hold? Who asked for Ahn'Qiraj? Who asked for Blackfathom Deeps? Also no one. Luckily for Blizzard, this entire game does not hinge on what people *ask* for.

I love how you say that the entire player base for WoW is ready for Firelands, based upon your example of *one* (singular) guild getting Glory of the Cata Heroic raider achievement. Leaving aside for the moment, your proof, you are saying that over 10 million players are ready for a new raid based upon what 25 of them have accomplished.

Add to that, you critique Blizzard on bringing back ZG and ZA based upon what you call a "small vocal minority," yet you then do a 180 and say they should bring IN the Firelands based upon a similar, small minority. Inconsistent much?
The fact you can't use proper grammar in a sentence, makes me dissapoint. (See what I did there?)
I am uncertain as to why you (as geared as you are) would like more heroics or raid content at that.
03/17/2011 1:52 PMPosted by Bipple

I wasn't aware that playing casually and employing successful communication & coordination were mutually exclusive.

*shrug*

Sadly people too often use the term casual to excuse themselves from having their characters raid ready, and not know the fights they are attempting. My guild is completely casual, but we are also progressing through the content, and should have all the bosses down at least in normal before 4.1
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, we werent asking for two, just one, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw?

Were you reading the forums when ZG was removed originally? Many MANY people were upset at this and requested it to be re-added. Story wise, blizz has already announced that ZA and ZG will be part of the same story.

03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

So your guild has completed this achievement too? Sorry, but 1 guild completing this does not mean everyone is ready. Looking at your armory I'd say you aren't ready, seeing as you havent even progressed directly in the Cata raids.
03/16/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Grandevil

Your getting casual confused with bad raiders..

As long as you can get 10 people together you can do content. given that they are not idiots.

If they can grasp the concepts of don't stand in the nasty stuff on the floor you should be able to kill atleast 4 of the raid bosses in Cata without ever looking up a strat.