4.1, the patch of disappointments.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

You're good with people I see.

For what it's worth, congrats on stirring the pot.

Its obvious some people cant handle the difference between behind the scenes, non finalized development, and promises... so whats to say they could handle a sugar coated reply.
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

Hahahaha Pwnt.
It never ceases to amaze me..

How folks that disagree with the game direction, or quality for that matter, are literally chased off of the game like lepers at a town dance.

Not to mention it seems the Blues almost encourage this kind of behavior.

BLUES ARE PEOPLE, TOO!!!

I would imagine its kind of hard not to be snarky when one person (OP) thinks that they represent the majority of players. Seriously...OP obviously doesn't understand what is coming in the patches...OPs post is basically a QQ thread from someone that feels that 5man dungeons are the "end content" of a zone, which, in my opinion is the minority of players.
If he fails to understand, as well as blame Blizzard for failing to uphold promises, he needs to double check blue posts before he rants.
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

I love the game and have been playing for a while, however this is one thing that always rubs me wrong. What you received there was customer feedback. You simply dismissed it and even came off sounding arrogant. Given, feedback that is meant simply to "troll" blizzard is not useful. But, that does not mean it warrants a rebuttal from a Blizzard employee. Note the content of their comment and do not fire back at the poster.

Blizzard should be thrilled that people are willing and care enough to comment on their product free of cost. Many firms pay top dollar for that.
Complaints like the OP's tend to come from people who have way too much time on their hands and spend said free time solely on this game. I will be the first to admit, I play this game too much. If the lack of firelands, abyssal maw etc has left you with nothing to do(e.g flying in circles aimlessly around org/sw for 30min and not realizing it) it's probably time to either quit the game or supplement your downtime with another game.

I understand that people get impatient waiting for new content. Personally comments like "blizzard promised x,y,z" make no sense to me. Nerdraging on blizzard for being "late" on their "estimated" date is not going to make it happen faster. It's just venting your frustration. There are plenty of pvp/pve elements I'd like to see changed - Some drastically - However, at this point I don't currently hate the game bad enough to quit.

A final note: There are plenty of MMOs historically and currently where not only is new content few and far in between, but you have to fork over a fair amount of money for it. Blizzard is doing a pretty good job in that department compared to some of my past MMO endeavors.

And you are apparently another one that thinks statements of future plans several months before the eta == set in stone promises and for that you are foolish...

No, I am all the wiser.

Fool me once Blizzard, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

And that won't be happening ;)

No, in this case shame on you for the first time you were fooled. Because Blizzard has never been anything but clear that these we NOT promises.
[quote]

That's also a big problem. If ideas are going to be suggested publicly, many players will be on their toes waiting anxiously for it. But if it's revealed that it's beyond their scope or the idea is watered down to nearly nothing, then ... you got a lot of disappointed people. You don't want disappointed people.

Behind the Scenes can still offer an awesome look at how things are done without breaking the hopes of players.

However, I want to make it clear that I don't need any of the things the OP listed for 4.1. I'm still tackling current Raid content. If it's in the works, great! I just hope it doesn't turn into another dance studio.

Well, you nailed it. Players are misconstruing, misunderstanding, misinterpreting, and getting their hopes up.
So Blizzard does not need to change their tactics, players do.

Its obvious some people cant handle the difference between behind the scenes, non finalized development, and promises... so whats to say they could handle a sugar coated reply.

He effectively just told people that they were going to keep promising things, and not implement them.

Plans for the future = promises... true story
Way to miss the point
Naxx anyone?
[quote]
He effectively just told people that they were going to keep promising things, and not implement them.

No. He told people that they were going to continue to inform their players on what their plans are as far as the game direction itself, which is what Blizzcon accomplishes for all of Blizzard's products. "This is what we have in mind" never has, nor will it ever, equate to "we're guaranteeing this for you, no ifs, ands, or buts."

Again, the only people taking information as promises and guarantees are those with a misbegotten sense of entitlement that cannot or just simply refuse to fathom that the nature of game development is that things are always subject to change and/or delays. If such people want to continue to behave that way then it's their own fault for setting themselves up for disappointment.
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, we werent asking for two, just one, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

and finally, we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal when you help out the guardians of hyjal, and as far as i can tell, NONE of the info that was promised is in the patch notes, please share your opinion on this.

you are in all blues give them back you are a dog they don't even fit

I love the game and have been playing for a while, however this is one thing that always rubs me wrong. What you received there was customer feedback. You simply dismissed it and even came off sounding arrogant. Given, feedback that is meant simply to "troll" blizzard is not useful. But, that does not mean it warrants a rebuttal from a Blizzard employee. Note the content of their comment and do not fire back at the poster.

Blizzard should be thrilled that people are willing and care enough to comment on their product free of cost. Many firms pay top dollar for that.

Making snippy comments like "don't write checks you can't cash" is NOT constructive feedback.
When you look at it like this the amount of people who have finished the current raids on heroic or for that fact on normal is very minimal, releasing firelands/abyssal maw would end up as blizzard had stated like ulduar /toc where only a tiny amount had actually done 1/0 lights at the time (and even yogg saron for that matter) and some guilds just didnt bother doing it since TOC loot was better then most ulduar heroic loot. I've played since vanilla as various races/classes and tbh Cataclysm is their best expansion to date, it flows so much better then all others and blizzard if they made any promises which i havent seen them do so far they have far exceeded my expectations for this expansion, /clap for you blizzard guys. Now i have nostalgia out the wahzoo I loved Zul'gurub and to a lesser extent zul aman purely because Trolls have so much lore behind them yet they are marginalised so much compared to dragon lore and others. I for one will enjoy this "blast to the past" experience blizzard is bringing for us to enjoy. Now what ive said may sound like a love letter to blizzard they have made mistakes (purely from my own opinion mind you)imo only 10 or 25 in 1 week and exact same loot for both is disappointing but hay games need to change If they hadnt we would still be in 40 man raids with only like 2% of guilds finishing endgame content. Wall-o-text over.
The OP's POV is stupid though, hes Inferred that at blizzCon an event for the players to see what ideas they are juggling in future content patches is infact law and anything they say WILL happen. If you get upset for the same reason as OP then tough tits, if you cancel your subscription because blizzard used logic and went hold on a mo do we want another TOC fiasko? (people DID complain during that aswell) nothing they do will please every one simple as that, spoonful of concrete and harden up.

OP could have infact made a serious post and not come off as a retarded idiot who doesnt understand not everything can be on an exact schedual then lie and say blizzard promised it would. I and im sure alot of people are disappointed that firelands/abyssal maw wont be in 4.1, but the fact of the matter is the majority of raiding guilds in wow just havent finished whats on offer right now.

I don't recall Blizzard making any promises.

Ideally, this is just my PoV, Blizzard wants to see far more progress in heroic raids. Possibly see some of the smaller guilds progress as well.

They never promise anything. They may go back on some of the information they may post about a patch, but its due to developer insight, and their reasons. What ever reasons they have, so be it.

If you can improve Blizzard, and world of warcraft as a whole, why not go try and get a job with them?