Finding Raid Groups

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I have a question about Raiding. I understand the process gearing and all that good stuff to get prepared for raiding. I was ready to start before cata came out but once again I finding myself trying to get there again but anyway my question is…. Is it just me or is the find raid option pointless? Is there any way it could be set up like the dungeon finder. I understand people want players who know the fights and know what they are doing I understand that…. But how are you supposed to learn if no one is willing to teach I mean really you can only read so much but that’s not good enough either everyone wants your achievement’s but like I said if no one is willing to teach what you supposed to do. I know raids take a while to run but I don’t see why the find raid could not work like the dungeon finder this way players could learn the hard way and sometimes that’s the best way to learn you have to fall before you can get back up. And I’m sure some will find what I am asking BS but that’s ok I’m sure there is some out there with the same question.
Dragonwrath, as much as I'd like to help you out - I can't actually take your writing seriously when you say you "understand the process of gearing and ... prepared for raiding" but ur posting on a toon in all greens.

There are many websites that can guide you in how to prepare yourselves for doing 5man heroics. You should begin there.
elitistjerks.com

Gear up to queue for Heroics. Don't fail at said Heroics. Get ilevel 340-346 equipped. Min/max said gear. Evaluate your schedule. Browse the guild recruitment forums + search wowprogress.com for guilds recruiting your class and spec. Make sure your schedule fits theirs. Apply. Study fights, don't suck. Practice.
Dragonwrath, as much as I'd like to help you out - I can't actually take your writing seriously when you say you "understand the process of gearing and ... prepared for raiding" but ur posting on a toon in all greens.

There are many websites that can guide you in how to prepare yourselves for doing 5man heroics. You should begin there.

Well the reason i'm in all green is for just this reason i was geared out before cata but could never get anyone to show the way so i was just like whats the point of all the work if no one wants to teach you... So i've been working on my other toons i will be working on DW again. But i understand what your saying and thanks for the link.
Judging by the name of your guild, you must lead your own guild.

If that is the case, I would forego the leadership role since you claim to not know much about cataclysm/wow, and join as a member of a more established guild who is willing to teach.

Again: your toon is not ready for raids. It is not ready for heroic mode dungeons yet either.

Ask for help from guildies to prepare you for learning dungeon mechanics, and how to gear. use www.wowhead.com to find relevant loot for yourself in dungeons. Use www.tankspot.com or www.learn2raid.com to learn how to defeat heroic dungeons, and normal mode raids.

Plenty of people are willing to help. It is my opinion (and it may be a little too blunt for some) that you might have not put in any effort to reach out to those people who are willing.

Good luck to you.