Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
@ slyfrostnut your only friendly with the guild? thats what? a weeks worth of rep... Oh I feel so so so sorry for you having to take another week to get back to friendly rep... /end sarcasm

I bet 90% of the people on here crying about "getting robbed or screwed" have done jack **%@ for their guild.
This is going to cause A LOT of problems........
they should atleast put in CLASS change not GUILD
Wow, You guys all sound like you're assuming that the majority of guild leaders are out to screw their guild. It's sad that so many people have had such a negative experience that they would assume that a guild leader, especially one with a large thriving guild, would want to do something like that after taking the time and effort to build a guild up to that point. That's a lot of work to just throw away, and I don't know many people who run a guild who would want to do that, but it seems there are many.

The biggest problem I can see with this is not the guild leader necessarily screwing the guild. It's that it would MAKE guild leaders a target. I'm pretty sure that moving a whole guild and everything in it, especially a large one, to another server to liquidate and sell would a much more gainful target than the average player.

I think that without out knowing in what way they intend to execute this change it's hard to start QQing with any manner of relevance as to how it would effect the guild at large and what happens if worst comes to worse, Because we don't know. Certainly some of the feedback is relevant to keep in mine when implementing the change, but to say with an certainty that is will screw anyone or anything over when you have no idea how it's even going to work, isn't a very valid argument. I would insist that people wait and see, and that Blizz take the step of releasing detailed information well in advance of the change going into effect... not... this is an idea we had, lets stir the pot, which is what this thread has done.
a whole guild getting up and moving to another server ?? how about something simple like being able to obsorb a small almost dead guild and its members and the rep they already have?

I see that being much more helpful to us players but your way is the big profit way with all them sever transfer fees .. so that is going to be more popular to you.

Here is something else that is small. As a guild leader it would be nice to actually see the guild rep each member has.. are they honored? exalted? You could simply have it in the guild info on them.. i mean you do have a tab for me to force them to BUY your authinticator to be a certain rank, I know you dont get paid extra to let guild leaders to see their rep rank in guild to give out ranks such as officer within the guild.

ok tiger youre obviously a real bloody hothead for saying that i don't bother with the authenticators because i don't see the need to have one on my end. good maintenance is also a good key for account safety so if you guy don't do daily scans for av and malware and such.. no authenticator in the world will help you if youve been hit with a keylogger

(wowhead is famous for sneakling those in) so if you want to know why or how guys.. look to databases ;like wowhead that offer a free download for your comp to "make things easier" ( yeah for them to hack your account and steal your gold and such . and possibly even your whole account!!! happened to a friend of mine and it was messy for her to get it back..but she did
as for the fact the authenticators are supposedly good for protecting your bank.. well for those of us who CAN'T afford an authenticator for whatever reason i believe that youre being unfair to your guildmates by doing that not everybody who plays wow has the authenticators and if you decide to put that feature on your bank then youre doing the worst thing possible for people like myself. making it impossible to get into the guildbank
and i'm a leader myself. so i THINK of my mates as well as me. yes we have rules for *!!*speccers and guildbank thieves and they don't involve the authenticator
as for absorbing "dead" guilds. well sorry to say i refuse to merge with anyone. Wolves has been in existance since 2007 and ive led it for that long the "mergig of guild should remain a choice not become a must
some of us players absolutely detest the rush thru and kill everyone including the party type of players and being stuck in a guld means obligations to run with its mates.. even those kind. thanks but no.

not trying to be harassing..but i'm heartily tired of you little poens complaining about everything ingame. coding takes hours upon hours of work per day and you think these guys here at blizzard aren't doing their best???

STFU whiners . you have no clue of what youre whining about and Givce the poor GN's a Break both in guilds AND ingame ultimately. blizzard is doing their best for a bunch of hard working respectable people who has pretty much given their entire lives to be devoted to people like us who play. people like you , tiger make lives miserable for the rest of us ( the creators included) and are a source of depression for when things go wrong ingame

so think before you post guys. then you'll be spared my acid remarks in defense of the hard working people here at Blizzard

I like the ability to change the guild name. When i first made my guild the plan was to get ppl from my state but not enough wanted to leave there big guilds to start something, so I opened the doors to everyone and we're trucking along.
I dont like this, ALL your work that went to the guild will be gone. Its not right, it may have taken a year to get over 600 members and when u transfer your guild they are gone. Not right.
hmmm not being able to afford a 6.00 athenticator (free if u have a smart phone) but you can afford the 14.99 a month to play the game that kinda confuses me but o well
this who guild transfer would be cool IF they incorperated a Trasnfer the entire guild roster along with it , i mean my self i have 5 lvl 85 and soon a 6th thats a 150.00 to transfer all my toons some people have even more so look at a guild with 150 lvl 85 toons ( notice i didnt say 150 members)
at 25.00 a pop = 3750.00 thats just plain robbery , now i cant say for sure but i am almost possitive that the whole transfer is handled entirely by computer following some kind of guide line,
a complete money grab if you ask me, Blizzard if you are gona do this either give use a group guild rate i dont know like say 500.00 to transfer the guild roster, and give each memeber 30 days to click an auto tranfer button for each of thier toons or give us a Group[ discount when i have to transfer all my toons , 25.00 for the first and 5.00 each additional toon ....
What i would think is the guild should be able to change and for a heavy fee but i would hope that other member would be able to choose to switch for free or not. But again the leader would have to pay a big price for that.
Needin another bonus or porsche? I think you're already making enough money Blizz. Address current important issues.
as long as those french speaking dweebs "legends" dont come to our server
03/23/2011 9:11 AMPosted by Spinnerdh
I am assuming both renaming the guild and relocating it will have a cost?

Yes im guessin its gonna have a cost
Personally, I feel this is a terrible idea unless it is free. Blizzard makes so much money it's ridiculous, but yet they still overcharge people for simple transfers, name changes, faction changes, etc. IMO, it's just another way for Blizzard to make money.
what about switching to a different faction???
Why is everybody claiming that there will be scandals with GMs selling the guild? What's holding them back from doing it now.....?
Personally, I feel this is a terrible idea unless it is free. Blizzard makes so much money it's ridiculous, but yet they still overcharge people for simple transfers, name changes, faction changes, etc. IMO, it's just another way for Blizzard to make money.

..Trolling? They know people would pay for it so they are making it a charged service, as most smart businesses/corporations would. and LOL'd at the underlined part.
Ahhh, don't know what the fuss is... the guild leader can already just kick everyone out and take the bank etc. Or just change the members rank so they can't get to the tabs. The guild mechanics are such that the Guild Leader owns everything and has complete authority to do whatever they want. This isn't much different.

It is going to cause a ton of drama tho. Because the poor folks who don't want to change server now lose everything they have worked for in the guild. They have to start over in a new guild thru no choice of their own.

I really don't think they should allow guild server changes. If people want to move that's one thing, but honestly, a guild is a unit, not a single person and therefore it shouldn't be allowed on only the guild leaders say-so.

Just my 2c's.
Ahhh, don't know what the fuss is... the guild leader can already just kick everyone out and take the bank etc. Or just change the members rank so they can't get to the tabs. The guild mechanics are such that the Guild Leader owns everything and has complete authority to do whatever they want. This isn't much different.

It is going to cause a ton of drama tho. Because the poor folks who don't want to change server now lose everything they have worked for in the guild. They have to start over in a new guild thru no choice of their own.

I really don't think they should allow guild server changes. If people want to move that's one thing, but honestly, a guild is a unit, not a single person and therefore it shouldn't be allowed on only the guild leaders say-so.

Just my 2c's.

You make a very good point. There should be a guild vote process before the transfer option is viable. My guild has been wanting to transfer for a very long time, and this new post by blizzard makes us ECSTATIC. However, some of the members they picked up on Vek'nilash are a bit hesitant to server change. A sensible guild would have a guild meeting about it :P. Besides, I think blizzard would foresee ninja transfers before they even considered this idea. They probably have some way to work around it.
03/25/2011 2:51 PMPosted by Desiration

..Trolling? They know people would pay for it so they are making it a charged service, as most smart businesses/corporations would. and LOL'd at the underlined part.

I'd like to know how that was trolling. I was simply expressing my opinion on the subject due to it being an open thread. If anything, you're trolling. And for the record, a smart business or corporation would want their customers to be satisfied with their product or service, and by overcharging for simple transfers such as these, I don't see too many people being satisfied. This is not to say that Blizzard isn't a smart business/corporation, but I think greed has really taken over.
03/25/2011 1:22 AMPosted by Xanzul

You don't think the current prices are a bit unreasonable? Then you have to consider someone who might regret their decision and wants to go back.... That's a lot of money.

If you think it is unreasonable you don't have to use the service. I swear to god people need to learn personal accountability again. Stop expecting Blizzard to hold your hand and make your decisions for you.

I don't use the service because it is unreasonably priced. What does someone's opinion have to do with personal accountability anyway.