Guild bank stealing question

Customer Support
if someone decides he's gonna leave the guild but b4 he does that and having almost no time in the guild (maybe 1 or 2 weeks) and takes the some stuff from the tab where everyone can take out stuff THEN leaves, can that be considered a punishable action?
If you give him access to the tab, then it's hard for Blizzard to classify it as a violation. If he did it immediately before leaving the guild, it might be treated differently. Open a ticket and see.
Guild Bank Theft

This category includes:
• Removing goods from a guild's bank with malicious intent

If a player is found to have perpetrated a guild bank theft, he/she may:
• Be temporarily suspended from the game
• Have any money or item gains removed

The key words here is: "malicious intent" A member cleaning out the guild bank, and then transfers servers, the intent is pretty clear. However someone taking a few items, staying in the guild, and who gets kicked afterwards; the intent is not so clear

On one hand Blizzard does not tolerate people cleaning out guild bank. However on the other hand, they want Guild Leaders to take some responsibility, and use care in granting Bank access, and permissions. There has to be consequences for Guild Leaders using bad judgment. other wise they will allow all guild members to have total access to all tab, and expect Blizzard to come to the rescue, each time something goes wrong.

It also mainly depends on if the amount they withdraws is such it greatly affects the guild's progress, or if they took advantage of an exploit to withdraw more then their daily limit. If no on both counts, then blizzard will not do anything as you gave them access. However if yes on ether count, then Blizzard will step in.

It has only been within the last two years, that Blizzard added Guild theft to the scam policy. Before that it was just tough luck on any guild theft. Even if it was from a hacked account.
from the tab where everyone can take out stuff

There is really no issue here. You are welcome to open a ticket and report it, but you gave him access to the tab. So long as he is not using an exploit to remove more than the daily allotment, then he is really doing nothing wrong.
03/27/2011 8:35 PMPosted by Madisón
from the tab where everyone can take out stuff

There is really no issue here. You are welcome to open a ticket and report it, but you gave him access to the tab. So long as he is not using an exploit to remove more than the daily allotment, then he is really doing nothing wrong.

One thing that needs to be remembered here is just because someone can do something doesn't mean they should. Taking items and then leaving the guild right after isn't exactly appropriate.
03/27/2011 8:47 PMPosted by Mewn
One thing that needs to be remembered here is just because someone can do something doesn't mean they should. Taking items and then leaving the guild right after isn't exactly appropriate.

Not exactly. There is no "contract" or committment to a guild if you remove stuff from their bank. If you are given the ability to take 20 stacks per day, then you can take 20 stacks per day, and you are not obligated to stay.

Socially, it may not be appropriate and there may be social consquences on your realm. That is true of many, many actions within the game. But it could also be true of a GM who says, "Take some stuff for free", then whines about someone "stealing" the stuff he's giving away for free.

A ticket will get Blizzard to investigate and take appropriate actions. But taking what you are allowed to take is just that: allowed.
03/27/2011 6:18 PMPosted by Dktank
if someone decides he's gonna leave the guild but b4 he does that and having almost no time in the guild (maybe 1 or 2 weeks) and takes the some stuff from the tab where everyone can take out stuff THEN leaves, can that be considered a punishable action?

These always have to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Did this individual make any contributions to that tab? If so, and what they took out is comparable, that will be taken into consideration.

You are free to report this for investigation if you like, but we just have to look into these before any kind of call can be made.

I have spent a few hours reading about guild banks and thieves who wipe them, because it happened to me 2 days ago. Please review my case information below to get a better understanding of what happened.

If there is anyway that I can do something more than opening a support ticket, please let me know. Read what happened, and please let me know what I can do to get my stuff back.

I bought a guild from a Guild Master <removed> because he was not going to run a guild anymore and he needed money. I wanted this guild so that I would have a central place for all of my family and friends to join without alot of ingame stress.(23 imediate family members are paying for warcraft monthly.)

After I paid this guy and the sales transaction was complete (and once I was promoted to GM), I proceeded to lock down the guild bank and guild permissions. I really just wanted to play with my family asap.

After locking down the guild, I worked REALLY hard to obtain and deposit a VERY large amount of items including profession mats, epic gems, tiller food, etc. and 10,000g that I put into our guild to help others repair. (i.e. stacks of EVERY level 70-80-85-90 enchanting, jewelcraft, cooking, etc.). So I decided to log off and finish tweeking the guilds sttings until the next morning.

Upon logging in the next day, I found all 10,000g i deposited in the bank was gone and someone emptied my bank tabs (All 6 tabs that were FULL and now emptied. EASILY 80,000g+ in items). I though it was a glitch until I reviewed the logs showing who took all of my gold and items. He left nothing for us...he deguilded within minutes of completeing his robbery.

So I tried to hold my temper so that I could try to speak to this guy as an adult and to get him to just return the stolen gear/gold back to me. He then proceeded to laugh at me and then set me to ignore. He told me that Blizzard will never do anything to help me or to stop him and that I am screwed...he actually laugh about all of this to me directly, and showed ZERO remorse.(note: NON of the items or gold were ever deposited by him...none.)

**Note: This guy deguilded within in minutes of him stealing all of the items from the bank. There was not ONE thing in that GBank when I originally took over the guild, so it was not as if he just wanted his "share" of the old guild items, because he had already emptied the banks before he sold it to me.... He had NO right to any of the items. I still don't know how he changed the permissions to give himself access...

I have been seeing all of my items in the AH the last few days, and it has been really discouraging. this kinda of stuff makes me want to quit wow if it is not handled propely. People should NOT be rewarded when they lie cheat and steal. They have to be held accountable.This guy does not deserve to have a wow account.

I am really hoping I can get some help with this...because I cant handle just walking away from this thief. He NEEDS to give it all back and possibly banned.

Please let me know...thank you in advance.

Warderlan/Richtoon (Senjin - all)
Rich, if you did not remove permissions from the guild bank and left other peoples characters in there with the permissions, then that would not be something that Blizzard could really help with. The guild leader has to take responsibility for whoever he gave permission to to access those bank tabs.

It is also a good idea to start your own thread rather than necroing one that was new 2 years ago and has outdated information now.
Thread locked as it's from 2011.

It would be best to create your own thread, Richtoon. Also, calling out other players on our forums is against our Code of Conduct. That is all information that should be added into your ticket.