Archaeology BOA gear shows "made by"

Professions
Can you remove the "made by" on archaeology BOA gear?

For those lucky enough to actually have discovered an epic via archaeology, it kinda reveals who your main is if you want to use it on an alt. Probably not an issue for most, but if you have alts that you'd rather not have guildies aware of, it's kinda problematic.

You need to post on general, unless a nice CSF-FSA can move it.
I'm reasonably sure "made by" tags are only visible to the wearer. Certainly they do not show up on the Armory, I will check in game to see if I can see one on somebody else there.
Well, didn't think to make it in general. But maychance your right. Doubt it will get moved tho.

And i'm quite sure that my it's not only visible to the wearer, since this was pointed out to me by a guildie who randomly inspected my alt and figured out it was my main. i don't always herp, but when i herp, i derp.
You're correct, I checked in game and you can indeed see the "made by" on other people's gear. I was thrown off by the fact that my Nifflevar axe from Archaeology seems not to have a "made by" tag on it at all.
Who cares if a player transfers a boa from a main to an alt. Maybe you aren't in the right guild if you don't want guildies to know you are on an alt. Sounds kind of suspicious.
03/26/2011 2:15 AMPosted by Baltasaar
Who cares if a player transfers a boa from a main to an alt. Maybe you aren't in the right guild if you don't want guildies to know you are on an alt. Sounds kind of suspicious.

I don't find it suspicious.

Sometimes folks want to play the game without having any kind of pressure on them, so they play an alt that isn't in the same guild as their main.

Like if they're an officer and want a break from drama, or if they don't want to feel like they're being guilted into doing a heroic run (we just need a healer, and you're the only one on and pugs suck so much!), or don't even want to swap to the main to do a trade combine.

Then again, I not only have all my toons in the same guilds (same alliance guild/same horde guild), I have the names of all my alts listed in my warcraftpets profile, so I don't have issues with it, but I can understand the OP's concerns.
[quote="22670918087"]

Sometimes folks want to play the game without having any kind of pressure on them, so they play an alt that isn't in the same guild as their main.

Its very easy to say no. Once u say no a few times they wont ask again.