Black Widow keyboard macro keys.

UI and Macro
Hey guys i just purchased a Razer Black Widow and i want to bind it's 5 macro keys to certin spells but when i attempt to do so, the game won't recognize the hotkeys. I tried changing them in the Razer config but i can't seem to get them to work. Was wondering if anyone one else uses the same board and fixed this problem? Thanks alot.
I don't have the black widow but I do have a mouse with side buttons that wow doesn't recognize (though it used to).
I haven't looked for a fix from blizzards side (they want you to buy their mouse) but I did find a work around. In your mouse or keyboards config you can bind that key to a key you don't use for macros. So I told my mouse that its side click is 'p' then bound the ability I wanted to use to p.
I don't have the black widow but I do have a mouse with side buttons that wow doesn't recognize (though it used to).
I haven't looked for a fix from blizzards side (they want you to buy their mouse) but I did find a work around. In your mouse or keyboards config you can bind that key to a key you don't use for macros. So I told my mouse that its side click is 'p' then bound the ability I wanted to use to p.
I'm pretty sure this is actually a flaw in the Windows OS rather than WoW. Windows only recognises up to 5 mouse buttons natively. To use button 6 or higher you need to remap them to a key or key combination. It's probably a good idea to remap them to obscure key combos you'd never otherwise use, e.g. shift-ctrl-alt-numpad minus.
I also just purchased a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard and was curious if there is anyway to use the additional 5 macro keys in World of Warcraft.
03/31/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Earfy
I also just purchased a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard and was curious if there is anyway to use the additional 5 macro keys in World of Warcraft.
You could map them to obscure key combinations like shift-ctrl-alt-numpad minus or possibly set them to text and use them as extra macro slots.
doesn't work :(
everything works properly i have a razer naga molten ed. an i have the blackwidow i use both just fine side buttons and the five macro keys an all i did was install the drivers for the mouse an keyboard off the site
i did the same thing and my five side keys dont work in wow but work in other games
While I don't have the Razer BlackWidow .. one of the first lessons learned when I got my Sidewinder was making sure it was in "Gaming Mode 1 (or 2) rather than Standard Mode .. Standard Mode did not allow the 12 macro keys to be bound "ingame"

just an idea which may be applicable to BlackWidow
I have a G15 keyboard that has 6 macro buttons along the side.

How I bind them to work in WoW is this:

In the Keyboard Profiler I set obscure key combos to each macro key (like shift plus the period key etc..)
In WoW I went to the keybinding menu and bound the key combos to action bar buttons or direct actions (like elemental totems)

So far it is working perfectly =)