Origin of Shadow Priests (WoW Magazine)

Story Forum
The Eredar is Levixus who was born a Draenei and became an Eredar, Nitrin the Learned is his father. D'ore seems to also be responsible for the Shadow Priests of Auchenai, again, having Shadow Priests exist without Human influence. Now what I'm wondering is if D'ores condition was responsible for Levixus's corruption or if it was the Burning Legion.

As for the origin given for Shadow Priests, it only seems to encompass a very small group.
Are the Auchenai proper Shadow priests?

Because being a Shadow priest is about balance, not the wielding of dark powers. If they didn't care about balance they would be Dark priests or something.
That was unexpected. Granted, the Troll priest Zabra Hexx has been shown to wield the Light, so it might also apply for the Shadow. Though I have always thought voodoo was a separate force, since it's been compared to the arcane in the past.

It raises more questions on the priests of other races, oh well.
Are the Auchenai proper Shadow priests?

Because being a Shadow priest is about balance, not the wielding of dark powers. If they didn't care about balance they would be Dark priests or something.

I believe that it's only the Cult that strives for balance and I don't believe that the Auchenai would have been influenced by them so I don't think they don't need to believe in a balance.
What's really annoying is that the Cult of Forgotten Shadow is taking one of those neutral roads all other class specific organizations have.

Now we have
Cenarion Circle : Druids
Earthen Ring : Shaman
Argent Crusade : Paladins/Holy Priests
Cult of Forgotten Shadow : Shadow Priests
Ravenholdt/Syndicate : Rogues
Knights of the Ebon Blade : Death Knights

>.<
04/03/2011 07:39 AMPosted by Marydeth
I would wager that Troll Voodoo Priests are simply another facet of the same concept. The Shadow works like The Light, anyone can wield it, it's simply a matter of how and what path you take to get there.

Eh, Loa, Elune and the Light have divinity in common, but i would hardly call them the same source. Saying that for shadow, would be like saying Troll priests (Zabra Hex excluded) channel The Light, which is false. Troll pull from a variety of sources but get similar effects; Channeling vile ancestors, Loa and spiritual energies from themselves and anything around them.
This is basically just explaining Human/Dwarven/Forsaken Spriests.

It really has little to do with the other races.
I hate how Shadow Priests get more lore than Warlocks.
04/03/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Splub
I hate how Shadow Priests get more lore than Warlocks.

It was two ###!ing paragraphs in the WoW magazine. Warlocks have had ##@#loads of lore, what are you talking about?
Can anyone else confirm this, or does only the Red Shirt Guy have the courage to buy/read the magazine?

It was two ###!ing paragraphs in the WoW magazine. Warlocks have had ##@#loads of lore, what are you talking about?

Calm down

All im saying is that Warlocks have no representation as anything but villains or random npcs
I read that in Red Shirt Guy's voice

Calm down

All im saying is that Warlocks have no representation as anything but villains or random npcs

True but to say that shadow priests of all things have more lore is a slap in the face. There is no famous shadow priests lore-wise, villain or not, we -just- got this Natalie who is dead(Unless she comes back now as Forsaken).

Compared to warlocks who have Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden and many evil organizations (evil class that corrupts people have a lot villains, who saw that coming?).
04/03/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Frandar
Can anyone else confirm this, or does only the Red Shirt Guy have the courage to buy/read the magazine?

When my magazine comes in the mail, I'll see if I can't scan the pages. That said, I trust RSG.

Calm down

To be totally fair, er... what do you expect when your job description involves "summoning demons, cursing people, and draining their life"?

Also, you have Meryl Felstorm... kinda. I guess.
Kind of like a Rogue hero. They're not doing their job right if everybody knows about it :P.
04/03/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Garrinard
Kind of like a Rogue hero. They're not doing their job right if everybody knows about it :P.

Atleast Rogues have heroes.
Gul'dan.
To be totally fair, er... what do you expect when your job description involves "summoning demons, cursing people, and draining their life"?

Also, you have Meryl Felstorm... kinda. I guess.

Just to nitpick, wouldnt that depend on who the people are?

It depends on how people view you- one's reputation makes one a hero.

Summoning demons isn't going to endear you to the populace.
04/03/2011 02:09 PMPosted by Garrinard
Gul'dan.

Hes a villain though.