WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
Wow. Wow. Wow.

-excited-

Sorry. I can't wait for this.
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Kel%!@h
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Other art tasks pretty well better take precedence over this. C'mon. They're demons-- for most of us, their sex just doesn't matter; if it does to you, fine, but there are many more important art issues out there.

My warlock is tired of looking at the same demon models and got very excited that this is even on the boards. I'm personally hoping for more wicked looking versions of the demons, so sad that the ones in TBC look way cooler and more menacing than my poor old worn out things.
HOLY CRAP YAY.

This makes me happy for my leetle 'lock alt.

c:

Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later.

04/14/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Elm
My warlock is tired of looking at the same demon models and got very excited that this is even on the boards.

This. My warlock was made in the shattering and I'm already tired of the demon models. Especially after seeing my imp next to the procced imps.

Hey, maybe the updates will come with player model updates? We can hope?
I am thinking we can expect this change by... next Blizzcon. =D
Wasn't there a lore reason for there being no Incubi in the game atm? Such as all the Succubi either assimilated them or enslaved them back on the Burning Legion home world?
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Z,

You've made my day! In the hectic life of a college student during finals, this is such awesome news. I may dust off my lock now! :)
I would also HIGHLY suggest some kind of customization for our demons while you guys are overhauling our demons. I think it would be best to have some kind slider option for colour or something so we can customize our demons in a few ways... I would love to change the felguard's weapon to something else. You can also change the spells for felguard to read... Weapon Toss or something.
The only reason I suggest this is because since you guys are overhauling the demons' models, might as well add some customization to them while you are at it... So you do two things at once. The more customization the better.... And also, same treatment for our character player models =P
this is AWESOME!!!
04/14/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Broski
OP, you need to develop a better taste in music. Incubus is an awesome band and if you have a problem with than you can go die in a fire.

"Drive" and "Anna Molly" were both passable as songs, mainly because I was 13 and 18 when they came out. The rest of their music? Pass.
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym

Well this is a pleasant surprise! Here's hoping we can eventually change out our Voidwalker model with the ones from Outland with the shoulderpads or the lantern.

Now as for the important stuff, Zarhym, let's talk visible librams.
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)
female and male models are more valued the expanding and updating major cities beyond org and stormwind? more important then making exodar a dance hall or silvermoon city able to be flown into? more important then adding caster weapons into caster animations?
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

I am very glad the artists and class balance team stay on their respective team, I would be very confused by a uniform set of models because one can't be prettier than another. We'd end up with amorphous blobs for toons. Or odd mathematical equations that form fractals for class balance :)

I of course kid, I'm sure there are members of both teams that are capable of contributing to the other side. I just find it humorous that people forget that within a development organization there are multiple teams working together on the whole picture. Especially with a product as large as World of Warcraft. After the startup phase every company has to diversify their development teams :) Of course during startup phase you are doing everything, I hope Blizz is past that :P
I support this, and I am in no way gay. But because its a great option to have. Like you said in the OP, us Hunters get to choose in a way whether our pet is male or female. Hell if I had a warlock, and I could have a male Succubus, I would because the one you linked looks freaking awesome.
OP, you need to develop a better taste in music. Incubus is an awesome band and if you have a problem with than you can go die in a fire.

"Drive" and "Anna Molly" were both passable as songs, mainly because I was 13 and 18 when they came out. The rest of their music? Pass.

I have to say Light Grenades was ok, but I like their old stuff as well. Morning View is my favorite music to relax to and S.C.I.E.N.C.E is pretty interesting as well if your into the whole metal thing. Ive also seen them play live several times and its been a great experience every time no matter what they play, thats mainly why I like them.

Im curious to see what Adolescence will be like to.
04/14/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Jorundr

Well this is a pleasant surprise! Here's hoping we can eventually change out our Voidwalker model with the ones from Outland with the shoulderpads or the lantern.

Now as for the important stuff, Zarhym, let's talk visible librams.

Like the one the draenei wears in the TBC intro?

Hells to the yes. An animation like the one he does to cast his blessing or seal (looks like a seal to me, to be honest) would be awesome too (as opposed to no animation at all, like it is now).
female and male models are more valued the expanding and updating major cities beyond org and stormwind? more important then making exodar a dance hall or silvermoon city able to be flown into? more important then adding caster weapons into caster animations?

He did say that this is not the only thing they are working on, nor did he say that they were working exclusively on the female/male models. It is worth noting, that designing a set of models for relatively static Mobs is going to take far less development/concept/artist time than any of the other options you listed.
I wouldn't say they're terrible. Not really that great but surely not terrible :3