WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
It really irritated me that you didn't mention the Felguard.

couldnt agree more.

This is easier as it doesn't involve redoing animations, merely models. It also doesn't involve fixing all the armor for the new models and etc. This should be far less time consuming than the race project. Honestly, the new race models prolly won't be coming soon. Maybe near the end of Cata/next Xpak. Maybe never! Just don't complain to Blizz when they give us awesome free stuff like this. Its so bratty.

Stop making excuses for blizzard. You don't even understand how armor is designed or how it works in game on some models.

Also this is not for free, we're paying for this game remember? Don't call me a brat just because I don't share the same views as you do, as naive as they may be.

They will -always- be adding new stuff to this game. Cataclysm was, imo, the perfect opportunity for blizzard to get all of this out of the way (2nd set of dances for races, updated models for everyone, etc) since they went back and revamped the world world.

This is easier as it doesn't involve redoing animations, merely models. It also doesn't involve fixing all the armor for the new models and etc. This should be far less time consuming than the race project. Honestly, the new race models prolly won't be coming soon. Maybe near the end of Cata/next Xpak. Maybe never! Just don't complain to Blizz when they give us awesome free stuff like this. Its so bratty.

Stop making excuses for blizzard. You don't even understand how armor is designed or how it works in game on some models.

Also this is not for free, we're paying for this game remember? Don't call me a brat just because I don't share the same views as you do, as naive as they may be.

They will -always- be adding new stuff to this game. Cataclysm was, imo, the perfect opportunity for blizzard to get all of this out of the way (2nd set of dances for races, updated models for everyone, etc) since they went back and revamped the world world.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

EDIT: They don't have to do anything for us. I'm perfectly happy at this idea even though I've been waiting for new playable race models forever. I'm fine with this little surprise. Its not like we're sacrificing anything for this addition. Such bratty imature behavior. Its like recieving an OKAY present on your Birthday and yelling "WAAAH! ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED! WAAAAH!!!! I HATE YOU! WAHHH! HOW DARE YOU!!!"
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

I don't really see the point of this for most of the demons. The art time would be better spent only making female versions of one, maybe 2 demons and updating the other models while staying gender neutral that they are.

Imp - Already rather genderless. It will be a challenge to give it gender defining features with its current, small size.

Voidwalker - Gender neutral, doesn't even make sense to have a gender as it's a void.

Succubus - Female obviously and I can see people wanting the male counter part here.

Felhound - Genderless essentially, it's a fictional beast. Are hunters getting gender on their pets now too?

Felguard - Male and I could see a female version counterpart being interesting here.

Out of the the 5 demons available, only one has been frequently requested to have a male counter-part by a number of players; the succubus. The Felguard is really the only other viable demon for a gender bender demon. I personally don't recall seeing requests for female versions very often and never as a new thread by itself.

So please, save the art time for something like making smaller belts with less details. Even if it's not what your artists want, it's what the players want. :)
Honestly I think brat covers it pretty well.

What a childish response.

Anyways I hope female void walkers look something like Vivian from PM:2 TTYD.
[quote]
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

You get your memes off that %**#ty site?

LOL

Its from Google. And if you have personal issues against KYM then...okay then. Just don't attempt to insult me for any little thing I do in a sad attempt to raise your self esteem.

EDIT: Also I fail to see how its %@%@y. Its like calling Dictionary.com %@%@y. It has the most traffic for a meme database and may be one of the only meme databases next to like Encyclopediadramatica....but that place has popups and stuff. In the end its just a site. No need to get insane about it.

You get your memes off that %**#ty site?

LOL

Its from Google. And if you have personal issues against KYM then...okay then. Just don't attempt to insult me for any little thing I do in a sad attempt to raise your self esteem.

EDIT: Also I fail to see how its %@%@y. Its like calling Dictionary.com %@%@y. It has the most traffic for a meme database and may be one of the only meme databases next to like Encyclopediadramatica....but that place has popups and stuff. In the end its just a site. No need to get insane about it.

No, I just found it funny that's all.

Why are people on these forums so spiteful. I don't know why you took that so personal in the first place but it makes it all the more entertaining.

Also I can't believe you're getting even more worked up that you looked up the fact that it has the most traffic or w/e. This is some serious entertainment. You need to calm down, you don't even know why I called the site !%@#ty lmao.

Thanatosia
85 Human Warlock
Keepers of the Faith

The current Voidwalkers we have now are Female BTW. There are game scripts to identify the gender of a target.

So the question is - what will the male ones look like?

Woah damn didn't know that O.o

No, I just found it funny that's all.

Why are people on these forums so spiteful. I don't know why you took that so personal in the first place but it makes it all the more entertaining.

No you were raising your self esteem. Its a psychological thing. Many people don't know why they have an innate hatred towards things, or why they take it out on other people. You have a deep inner turmoil of some sort and this is your way of cooping with it. Its a way to...heh..."Deal With It" without directly venting to another person or group of people. If you want to talk about it please do. Holding that stuff in is never healthy. In ALL seriousness. Not even flaming you.
Okay. I am imagining a void walker with breasts and it is seriously freaking me out.

Thanatosia
85 Human Warlock
Keepers of the Faith

The current Voidwalkers we have now are Female BTW. There are game scripts to identify the gender of a target.

So the question is - what will the male ones look like?

Naw its merely a programming....oversight. I believe "female" is the default for non-genderless things. The treant fruit vendor for example was always claimed to be a girl by many wowers for the same reason. Some models turn into female mages when you drink that potion and receive that funny buff because of this too...even though they are clearly male.

So yeah current Voidwalkers are either Male or no gender. They aint female merely because of the little female mark given to them in their coding.

Ah found a quote from WoWhead:

"It turns out Warcraft has an aptly named API called UnitSex for testing gender. When used on Applebough I get a return value of 1, corresponding to "neutrum / unknown." Of course, this may just be meaningless. Maybe this NPC has a very interesting backstory that has yet to be revealed and Blizzard simply forgot to flag him/her."
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Zarhym
I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing.

For those that remember the Sucbi originally had a terrible first model,it was flat-chested and grainy. After a few years she got her boobs done and some new armor with a poly count upgrade.Based on the time that took and how long druids had to wait for new shape-shifting forms......you can expect the new demon models in 2014 or so.

I won't hold my breath on this one. I'd love to see new demon models,but quite frankly I expect it to be years (next expansion) at least.