Does Warcraft III work with windows 7?

General Discussion
So just a quick question.

I know this may not be the right forums, but not sure where I would go to ask something like this.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong place.
Yes it does.
Will it have screen distortion? :o
No
04/12/2011 08:44 PMPosted by Mahkan
No

No it won't play. Or No screen distortion? Just wondering.
04/12/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Trapz
No

No it won't play. Or No screen distortion? Just wondering.

Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne work perfectly fine for me on Windows 7 64 bit. No problems whatsoever.
Yes it will work i play warcraft III and the forzen throne expansion on my labtop, that has windows 7.
My housemate is playing it right now with no problems. I recently built her a 8-core AMD system with 8 G of RAM for her 3-D modeling that she does, and we put win 7 64 on it. Of course she doesn't need all that computing power for the game... she just ALSO plays Warcraft 3 on it.

I tried to get her into WOW but she wasn't interested.
I play Diablo 1 on Windows 7, I'm sure there's a way to get it to work with DosBox.
It works fine, Blizzard has patched the hell out of that game =P They're pretty good about that stuff.

Other games.. Not so much )= I want to play Star Trek Armada.. Sadface
Also why is my box so small? I thought Warcraft III Battlechest was bigger. I got a box the size of a regular WoW game box.
04/12/2011 09:40 PMPosted by Trapz
Also why is my box so small?

Most guys prefer their game boxes to be a smaller fit anyway.
It's not that old a game, I don't see why not...
i just got warcraft 3 and it is working perfectly on my laptop.
I have to problems running it on Windows 7, ROC and TFT.

As for screen distortion, while the only resolutions available for WC3 are 4:3, and it does stretch out on a widescreen monitor, you can't actually tell that it's been stretched, it looks just fine.

It's not that old a game, I don't see why not...

it's not actually such a silly question though when you think about it, for example, Red Alert 2 doesn't use TCP/IP for network games, yet it's not much older than WC3.
Where would i be able to buy Warcraft 3 and all the expansions
Oddly, I can't get it to show on anything so far other than the screen on my laptop - completely crashes video on my PC, and will not output from the laptop to a monitor.

But yes, it runs on 7, and I wasn't aware of any "distortion".
Runs just fine on 7. Hosting games online is difficult, but it always was if you had a firewall.

When in doubt and having problems, put it in admin mode.