Whats with all the Knaak Hate?

Story Forum
1 2 3 6 Next
I dont see why everyone hates Knaak? Whats the Deal?
Writing style, and the fact that every lead character he writes turns into a Mary Sue.

Edit; To clarify, thats not my opinion, just what I've heard.
Ugh. This can of worms.
04/10/2011 11:31 AMPosted by Ferlion
Knaaks no more severe that anyone elses.

No flaw is created equal, I'd say Goldens literalism is easier to handle then knaaks bit
He's just a really bad writer so it's easy to blame him for all the failings of his works.
from what i've heard it's mostly about how in Night of the Dragon, he included Rhonin into the story and then he communicates with the raptors to come and save everyone. Personally i think that's fine but i guess everyone else just hated it.
Edit: or else imo golden's writing is very good and understandable and easy to follow along, i guess since golden and knaak are the main writers of the wow books, everyone compares knaak's books to golden's and by contrast they think golden's books are normal and knaak's books are just horrible.
04/10/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Lonus
from what i've heard it's mostly about how in Night of the Dragon, he included Rhonin into the story and then he communicates with the raptors to come and save everyone. Personally i think that's fine but i guess everyone else just hated it.

the concept exists in a plane where Draenei are goats wearing space helmets with an octopus on top... It's just so surreal

He includes Rhonin in every story, If knaak wrote a book about the Titan Wars, Knaak would throw Rhonin, Krasus and <insert Dwarf Rune master> in somehow
04/10/2011 12:04 PMPosted by Onimontu

the concept exists in a plane where Draenei are goats wearing space helmets with an octopus on top... It's just so surreal

He includes Rhonin in every story, If knaak wrote a book about the Titan Wars, Knaak would throw Rhonin, Krasus and <insert Dwarf Rune master> in somehow
So? what's so wrong with that? I've read every warcraft book written by him and i've seen no complaints. Hell, in fact you'd think the whole concept of sending Krasus, Brox, and Rhonin back in time to the War of the Ancients would be an awful story to read, but i read it and I think it's just fine. His ideas are absurd but i don't find anything wrong with his writing style.
04/10/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Lonus
So? what's so wrong with that? I've read every warcraft book written by him and i've seen no complaints. Hell, in fact you'd think the whole concept of sending Krasus, Brox, and Rhonin back in time to the War of the Ancients would be an awful story to read, but i read it and I think it's just fine. His ideas are absurd but i don't find anything wrong with his writing style.

>_> you must be a fan fiction enthusiast

Also, You said from what you've heard, meaning you didn't read night of the dragon
I just don't like his character derailment.

Tyrande...
04/10/2011 12:12 PMPosted by Ferlion
Fan fiction gets a bad wrap. For every 100 bad, there is a good

Those are some odds...
Fan fiction gets a bad wrap. For every bad, there is a good.

From what I've seen, for every good, there's several bad.

I kid, I kid.

Anyhow, I've yet to read any of Knaak's work, so I can't really comment for myself.

Edit: Woops, ninja edit.
Funny thing about the Raptor army: Shows how much Blizzard cares about them, seeing as how the Raptors in the Wetlands are largely undead now.
04/10/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Onimontu

>_> you must be a fan fiction enthusiast

Also, You said from what you've heard, meaning you didn't read night of the dragon
From what I've heard other people say about it. If I had not read Night of the Dragon then I wouldn't be referring to it.
I just don't like his character derailment.

Tyrande...

This is pretty much the reason why I wouldn't touch Stormrage with a 12 foot pole.
04/10/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Dallanna
This is pretty much the reason why I wouldn't touch Stormrage with a 12 foot pole.

Starwars episode 2 ending...