Hunter Macro Guide

Hunter
Prev 1 12 13 14
can someone make a macro for , aim shot,chimera shot ,steady shot,barrage then kill shot in sequence :)
Okay, I'm just starting out and I've been reading the forums, after reading this sticky, I'm left wondering how does one go about implementing a macro? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Can someone show me a simple macro for cobra shot/direbeast
You can't leave open script..

/cast arcane shot
/petattack

everytime it will ding on your pet attack.. because pet attack is a constant and arcane shot is an integer

what happens when u hit arcane shot when ur out of mana? it dings.. pet attacks no exception... its gonna ding so ur macro isnt good
05/02/2016 08:32 PMPosted by Fumanchunda
Okay, I'm just starting out and I've been reading the forums, after reading this sticky, I'm left wondering how does one go about implementing a macro? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Type /m to open the macro menu, or open it from the menu opened by hitting Esc.
Click "New", add the text, choose an icon if you want, click "save" when you're done and you can then drag it to your bars for use.
Here is my targeting and attack macro. I have it hot keyed to a button that I can toggle easily with my thumb. Note: This is very helpful for any of the pet classes.

/cleartarget [dead]
/assist [@focus,exists][@pet,exists]
/targetenemy [noharm][noexists]
/petassist

First: It clears any dead target you may have.

Second: You set the tank as your focus it will make your target to the same target they have.

Third: If you don’t have a focus it will target your pets target if they have one. That way you both are attacking the same target/

Forth: If the tank &/or your pet don’t have a target, it will then just target the nearest enemy. While this might cause a random targeting issue; As long as you are not spamming this macro you should be fine.

Lastly: it puts your pet on assist.
I'd like a macro that once SW profs I can click a button to cast SW followed by 2 AS and then MS

Can anyone help?
7.1 allows us to make these macros which help greatly with traps/flares in pvp

Freezing Trap
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @player][@cursor][] Freezing Trap

Tar Trap/Caltrops
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @player][@cursor][] Tar Trap
/cast [mod:shift, @player][@cursor][] Caltrops

Flare
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @player][@cursor][] Flare
This macro page is so out of date it's heart breaking... Most of the abilities don't work and some of the macro interactions don't even work like they used to.

Is this ever going to be updated to fit with legion? Or should I just write a new one and hope it actually gets stickied by the non-existent devs in this forum....

Sending people here to learn about hunter macros was clearly somebody's idea of a practical joke.
11/11/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Ravagore
This macro page is so out of date it's heart breaking... Most of the abilities don't work and some of the macro interactions don't even work like they used to.

Is this ever going to be updated to fit with legion? Or should I just write a new one and hope it actually gets stickied by the non-existent devs in this forum....

Sending people here to learn about hunter macros was clearly somebody's idea of a practical joke.

Honestly, other than having cancelaura for aspect of the turtle and startattack at the start of my attacks, I am pretty much not using any macros atm.

I suppose i can update it a bit to reflect changes to the class, it will be limited to MM though, as that is all I play.

If you have suggestions, feel free to add.
#showtooltip Cobra Shot
/cast cobra shot
/cast kill command
/end cast
I know this is an old thread, but is everything in this thread still true for today's game? Have any of the macros changed since then?
I am a returning player. I'm trying to do a simple pet attack macro.
/petattack but went I press, it does nothing. what is going on?

and can someone plz post a link for the most current Macro guide for Hunters? greatly appreciated thanks..
06/13/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Liniß
I am a returning player. I'm trying to do a simple pet attack macro.
/petattack but went I press, it does nothing. what is going on?

and can someone plz post a link for the most current Macro guide for Hunters? greatly appreciated thanks..

Icyveins has a list of macros, try there.
Here are a few Macro's I use for my BM Hunter, maybe they can help.
Most are modified from different sites, like Icy Veins and Huntsman's Lodge.
They all work in Legion 7.2.5

Kill Command Combo

#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/cast Berserking
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Kill Command
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Titan's Thunder Combo

#showtooltip Titan's Thunder
/cast Titan's Thunder
/cast Aspect of the Wild
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Multi Shot

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
/petattack
/cast Multi-Shot

Misdirection

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection

Feign & Play Dead (both are instant)

/cast Feign Death
/cancelaura Feign Death
/cast Play Dead
/cast Wake Up

Traps

/castsequence reset=10 Flare, Tar Trap, Freezing Trap

Turtle

/cast Aspect of the Turtle
/cancelaura Aspect of the Turtle

Last two are info macro's I use to help me remember things.

Stat Priority (Created for each of my character's and each spec)

/g Stat Priority BM Hunter
/g Mastery
/g Critical Strike
/g Haste
/g Versatility

Equipment Slot Number (General Macro for using/casting equipment)

/g 1 = head
/g 2 = neck
/g 3 = shldr
/g 4 = shirt
/g 5 = chest
/g 6 = belt
/g 7 = legs
/g 8 = feet
/g 9 = wrist
/g 10 = gloves
/g 11 = fgr 1
/g 12 = fgr 2
/g 13 = trink 1
/g 14 = trink 2
/g 15 = back
/g 16 = MH
/g 17 = OH
/g 18 = ranged
/g 19 = tabard
Huntard-Proof Macros

Feign Death - this version keeps you from accidentally tapping it twice and waking up your pet. The [dead] conditional returns true when FD is up.

#showtooltip Feign Death
/stopmacro [@self,dead]
/cast Play Dead
/cast Feign Death

PVE Targeting Snippet (plus trinkets) - drop this in an arbitrary button and record the name (discover it with /framestack). I'm using "Button12" for this example. If either of your trinkets are on GCD (very rare) remove it from the macro. Add any other use items not on GCD that you want to use as frequently as possible. As written, shift will give you the cooldown on your 2nd trinket, otherwise you'll see the cooldown on your 1st. Targets "enemy" unless you hold the alt key down, then targets "enemyplayer" (useful for those morons who like to show up for world bosses flagged and disrupt targeting for everyone).

#showtooltip [mod:shift]15;14
/cleartarget [noharm][noexists][dead][mod:alt/ctrl]
/targetenemyplayer [mod:alt]
/targetenemy [noharm][noexists][dead][mod:ctrl]
/use 13
/use 14

PVP Targeting Snippet (plus trinkets) - swap this snippet for the PVE one when you anticipate going into a PVP zone that doesn't need its own special targeting. It reverses the selection of targetenemy and targetenemyplayer.

#showtooltip [mod:shift]15;14
/cleartarget [noharm][noexists][dead][mod:alt/ctrl]
/targetenemy [mod:alt]
/targetenemyplayer [noharm][noexists][dead][mod:ctrl]
/use 13
/use 14

Pet/Aggro Control Snippet - drop this in an arbitrary button and record the name (discover the name with /framestack). I'm using "Button11" for this example. Put your tank in focus when you're in a group and you get auto-misdirect and auto-growl off UNLESS your tank dies or is charmed (then you go into auto-pet-tanking mode until the tank is back and on your side again). Also spams Wake Up on every attack (costs nothing) so your pet doesn't sleep through a fight.

#showtooltip Growl
/use !Wake Up
/petassist
/petattack
/petautocaston Growl
/petautocastoff [group,@focus,help,nodead]Growl
/use [group,@focus,help,nodead][@pet,exists,nodead]Misdirection

Attack Macro General Rules - Always, always, always, if you're in a group with a tank, put the tank in focus. As complex as these look, their use is very simple. If you mouseover something that is an enemy and fire the macro, you'll attack the mouseover unit. If you have a unit in your focus and have any modifier key pressed, you will attack that unit's target (allows for use of a shotcaller or "attack tank's target"). If you have a valid, living target, you will attack that target (your target would have been set in the Button12 Targeting Code Snippet). If there is no valid unit to attack in any of those, the ability behaves as if you clicked it in your spellbook without having a target selected.

Special Attack Macro for Volley / A Murder of Crows - (I don't code for Barrage - it's always a DPS loss except for some very, very limited circumstances).

#showtooltip [talent:6/3]Volley;A Murder of Crows
/cast [talent:6/3]!Volley
/stopmacro [talent:6/3]
/click Button12
/click Button11
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,mod][harm,nodead][]A Murder of Crows

Every Other Attack Macro - targets if needed, manages pet and aggro, fires trinkets, does attack. This chain-calls the two prior macro snippets, and then does the selected shot.

#showtooltip <shot name> or <attack name>
/click Button12
/click Button11
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,mod][harm,nodead][]<shot name> or <attack name>

Pet Management - Revive Pet (pet, dead), Fetch (pet, mod:alt/ctrl), Dismiss Pet (pet, mod), Mend Pet (pet), or Summon Pets 1 (nomod), 2 (mod:ctrl), 3 (mod:alt), 4 (mod:ctrlshift), or 5 (mod:ctrlalt).

#showtooltip
/use [@pet,dead]Revive Pet;[pet,mod:alt/ctrl]Fetch;[pet,mod]Dismiss Pet;[pet]Mend Pet
/stopmacro [pet]
/use [mod:altshift]Call Pet 5;[mod:ctrlshift]Call Pet 4;[mod:alt]Call Pet 3;[mod:ctrl]Call Pet 2;Call Pet 1

Pet Movement - Send your pet somewhere / Bring it back (I have this on a side button on my MMO mouse). Normal sends it, any mod brings it back.

/petdefensive [nomod]
/petmoveto [nomod]
/stopmacro [nomod]
/petpassive
/petfollow
So i am looking for a macro that Summon my pet and if it already was summoned cast Master Calls...
/cast [pet,nodead,exists]Master's Call;[pet,dead]Revive Pet;[nopet]Summon Pet <insert pet number>I added Revive Pet because reasons. There are mechanics involved that will break summon versus revive based on how far away you are from where lost track of your pet.

Keep both on handy buttons to override quickly at need or do it this way to force with modifiers:/cast [nopet,mod:alt]Summon Pet <insert pet slot number>;[nopet,mod:ctrl]Revive Pet;[pet,nodead,exists]Master's Call;[pet,dead]Revive Pet;[nopet]Summon Pet <insert pet slot number>I haven't tested that yet, but it should work or if it doesn't it should be easily fixable.