Hunter Macro Guide

Hunter
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
I would like a macro that will throw up hunters mark for me, tied to steady shot maybe?

and another that executes kill command with something else like SS or whatever?

is this a bad idea? dps drop?
lemme know

1 - is not really possible since hunter's mark is on GCD. You can macro it with pet attack though and that's in the guide

2 - I dont actually know if kill command is on GCD. I assume it is and then you can use the same macro I have for steady shot/kill shot just with kill command. Don't really get why though.

10/01/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Jorgba
What macro do most hunters use to control their pets? At the moment I am just using a single bind to attack my target and a single bind to put the pet on passive.

if somebody does have anything decent for this, post it and I'll include it in the guide. Personally I just have pet passive bound on one of my razer keys since i have too many for my short stubby fingers <.>
10/01/2011 11:13 PMPosted by Strlder
1 - is not really possible since hunter's mark is on GCD. You can macro it with pet attack though and that's in the guide

why would I even use pet attack? Assist sends the pet out without having to command it.
10/02/2011 12:09 AMPosted by Archerr

why would I even use pet attack? Assist sends the pet out without having to command it.

awesome, bro.
enlighten me
Is it possible to make a macro where my pet will go into assist stance when I hit a certain key and if I press a modifier key he will go back into passive stance?
Using petattack allows you to pull with your pet and not have multiple mobs gang you. For instance you can have him attack several targets sequentially and then you can start picking them off while your pet holds the aggro. You could also use the moveto command after the pulls to get them away from you if they were too close.
Macros still kind of confuse me. How do you use them? Are they bound to a key on your keyboard? Do you type them in? Are they bound to an icon on your actionbar?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but I've never used macros in all my 2 years playing WoW & I'm trying to learn.
Macros still kind of confuse me. How do you use them? Are they bound to a key on your keyboard? Do you type them in? Are they bound to an icon on your actionbar?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but I've never used macros in all my 2 years playing WoW & I'm trying to learn.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=1#1
heres some macros i use... some are spec particular.. i keep it simple and useful

kill command and bestial wrath macro.. with bw on alt aswell

/castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Kill Command, Bestial Wrath
/cast [modifier: alt] Bestial Wrath

mouse button dependent for tranq or distrac.. alt mod for scare beast.. helps condense rarely used abilities into a single multipurpose button.

/cast [nomod,button:1] Tranquilizing Shot
/cast [nomod,button:2] Distracting Shot
/cast [modifier: alt] Scare Beast

your simple MD macro.. md focus.. if no focus.. md on pet

/cast [target=focus,help] [target=pet,help] Misdirection

simple macro that puts marking and flare on one button

/cast [nomod] Hunter's Mark;[modifier:alt] Flare

my trap macro i created and tested. its a simple cast sequece to set the traps down.. however if you want to shoot one.. right click the macro first to activate trap launcher.. you can shoot them in sequence or just set them at your feet in sequence. i found a little problem with this macro.. sometimes it bugs and stops the sequence.. doesnt progress. another small inconvenience i found is sometimes the macro just wont work.. to alleviate that i found that putting all the traps that are included in the macro on your hotbars somewhere.. even a bar you have disabled and dont use.. helps fix that issue.

/castsequence [button:1,nomod] reset=12 Ice Trap, Explosive Trap, Snake Trap
/cast [button:1,modifier:alt] Freezing Trap
/cast [button:2] Trap Launcher
Thank you so much Strlder! Appreciate it!
Apologies if this has been answered. I haven't SEEN the answer in reading all of page one and skimming the rest.

How can I make a macro work ONLY IF the targeted mob is in combat?

I have a macro that goes something like this:

/target focus
/assist
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack

You get the idea. It's my secret macro for maximizing time on target. The problem is, sometimes the tank will accidentally tab target a mob in the next pull, etc. So I'd like a way to make sure this only works on mobs already in combat.

Thanks!
Apologies if this has been answered. I haven't SEEN the answer in reading all of page one and skimming the rest.

How can I make a macro work ONLY IF the targeted mob is in combat?

I have a macro that goes something like this:

/target focus
/assist
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack

You get the idea. It's my secret macro for maximizing time on target. The problem is, sometimes the tank will accidentally tab target a mob in the next pull, etc. So I'd like a way to make sure this only works on mobs already in combat.

Thanks!

As far as I am aware you cannot check for that in a macro.

You can make a macro do different things depending if you are in combat or not but that's not what you are looking for.
Figured I'd share some macro lovin'.

Complete pet summon/dismiss control through one button:

#showtooltip
/cast [pet,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]Dismiss Pet;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet;[nopet,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]Revive Pet;[mod:alt,mod:ctrl,nopet]Call Pet 5;[mod:shift,nopet]Call Pet 2;[mod:ctrl,nopet]Call Pet 3;[mod,nopet]Call Pet 4;[nopet]Call Pet 1;Mend Pet

The functionality:
With no pet out:
Summons pet
Shift: Summons pet 2
Ctrl: Summons pet 3
Alt: Summons pet 4
Ctrl+Alt: Summons pet 5
Shift + Ctrl: Revive pet (in case of dead-pet bug. Yay for bugs persisting through 3 expansions so that you have to CODE for them in macros!)

With pet out:
Mend Pet
Shift + Ctrl: Dismiss Pet

With pet dead: (in the rare case where there ISN'T a dead pet bug.)
Resurrect Pet

Here's the button I press at the start of every fight in an instance (tank is focus always):
/stopmacro [nofocus]
/target focustarget
/petattack
/cast Bestial Wrath
/petassist
/petautocastoff Growl
/petautocaston Cower
/Aspect of the Hawk
/cast [@focus] Misdirection

First line is VERY important to prevent the game from sending your pet after random targets and accidentally pulling something you don't want to. Don't be a Huntard.

Sets all the necessary settings, sends your pet after the tank's target, and misdirects to the tank. Here's my PvE version, misdirecting to the pet instead, and turning growl on:

/target [target,help] targettarget
/cast [@pet] Misdirection
/petautocaston Growl
/petattack

My trap macro: requires two presses to launch a trap
#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomod] reset=15 Trap Launcher, !Explosive Trap; [mod:shift,mod:ctrl]!Explosive Trap;[mod:ctrl,mod:alt]!Immolation Trap;[mod:alt]!Ice Trap;[mod:shift]!Freezing Trap;[mod:ctrl]!Snake Trap;

NoMod = Trap launcher, then Explosive trap
Shift+Crtl = Explosive
Shift = Freezing
Ctrl = Snake
Alt = Ice
Alt+Ctrl = Immolation
Using any mod keys overrides the Trap Launcher in case you want to drop a trap the traditional way, or if the reset has expired. There's a bit of a delay after arming the launcher before you can select your trap, so either be patient or spam the key until you see a targetting disk.

And finally, dealing with speed:
#showtooltip
/click [nomod:ctrl/shift][outdoors]BT4Button61
/cast [mod:ctrl]!Aspect of the Pack;[indoors][mod:shift]!Aspect of the Cheetah;[swimming,mod]Abyssal Seahorse;[swimming]Sea Turtle;[mod:alt][noflyable]Swift Gray Wolf;Red Drake

Intuitave mounting macro that uses Aspect of the Cheetah if I'm indoors. I can also select Cheetah, Pack, or my ground mount through Shift, Ctrl, and Alt respectively.

"BT4Button61" clicks the first button of Bar 6 (in Bartender). This button has another macro on it (Who says a macro can't call a macro?) that looks like this:
#showtooltip
/cast !Aspect of the Hawk

Why didn't I just put that in the original macro? Because /click doesn't affect #showtooltip. I could have used /click BT4StanceButton1 (which is Aspect of the Hawk directly), but you can't turn off toggle with click so every other time I mounted it turned my aspect OFF. This is the only way to be able to turn off toggling AND not have Aspect of the Hawk show up as the tooltip.

Btw, the bar this is on is hidden with Bartender, but the call still works. In theory, I could have dozens of hidden macros that other macros call when needed.

To find out the name of a button, type /fstack in chat and mouseover the button.
Do you have a macro that'll target my pet (His name is Fenrir), cast Misdirection, and target my last target?
11/19/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Therodinn
Do you have a macro that'll target my pet (His name is Fenrir), cast Misdirection, and target my last target?

Is there a particular reason why the MD macro in the guide is not suitable?
11/19/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Therodinn

/target pet
/cast misdirection
/target lasttarget

But then, I'd just do this:

/cast [@pet] Misdirection

and skip the whole targeting mess altogether.
where are the mouse over? I can't play my hunter without mouse over macros.
Here are some of mine

Disengage/wingclip (shift for only wing clip)

#showtooltip Disengage
/cast Wing clip
/cast [modifier] Wing Clip; Disengage
/use [combat] 15

Mouse over tranquil/makes focus your mouse over

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
/cast [mod,@focus,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Tranquilizing Shot
/stopmacro [mod:shift]
/focus [@mouseover,harm,nodead]

Silencing shot mouse over/makes mouseover focus

#showtooltip Silencing Shot
/stopcasting
/cast [mod,@focus,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Silencing Shot

Mouse over scatter/ focus mouse over

/cast [mod,@focus,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Scatter Shot

Roar of sac mouseover

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,noharm,nodead][@target, noharm, nodead, exists][target=player] Roar of Sacrifice
Hello. I am hoping to get some help on a cast sequence macro for boss pulls.

/[mod:shift] Target=Focus
/castsequence reset=8 [@focus,help][@pet,exists] Misdirection, Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Aimed shot

I used cast sequence macros in the past, but this won't do anything.

I appreciate all help!
@OP,

I'm not sure if you still read or update this. But if you do, you should consider adding (somewhere near the beginning) something about how the GCD prevents one from using more than one ability at a time that share the GCD etc. Just today alone, I've seen several threads asking something about making a macro in such a way. Granted, I'm sure most of those posters never even bothered to read a sticky first anyway. But hey, every little bit helps I guess.