Hunter Macro Guide

Hunter
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
Does anyone have any good Trap macros ?
So I am new to playing a hunter. I am pretty interested in this shot aspect dancing. Currently I am running the

/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null
/use Steady Shot

and the other variation with Aspect of the Hawk pretty much for all of my other shots. I cannot imaging playing another way for pvp. For pve purposes however, I can see how losing all of the AP from hawk from turret steady shotting will hurt my dps. Is this negligible dps? Or is there a better way to do this, say have a modifier that will not put me into Aspect of the Fox.

Also I saw mentioned in this thread a number of times a different method with using multiple cast bars. How does this exactly work? So basically I would have 2 bars one set to use either aspect, and I would swap between bars via changing the bar? Why would I do this instead of simply swapping aspects instead? I think there is more to it. I am sure there is more to it because I have seen a similar thing on the AJ hunter forums.

Thank you.
Could

/castsequence [modifier:shift] reset=1 !Aspect of the hawk, null
/castsequence [nomod] reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null
/use Steady Shot

work?

I just tried it, it does not work. Well I guess I could have two steady shot macros, but that kinda seems silly.
Didn't make this, but I thought it'd help everybody if they knew what it was. Saved my life SO many times, and has given me a great many free kills in PvP when i'm down on focus.
#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/castsequence [@mouseover,harm][harm] reset=3 Scatter Shot, Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
You have to tap this three times for it to fully work, so it's best to bind it on to an easily accessable key.

-
What it does:

Casts a scattershot at the enemy, disorientating them. The second click activates trap launcher, and the third actives freezing trap, which can then immediately be placed on an enemy.

As the enemy is frozen, you are free to regenerate focus, hunter mark, back off to maximum distance, aimed shot, concussive shot, chimera shot, basically anything to suit your spec.
Hi guys, I last played in TBC, that was like 4 years ago.
Recently just got back on.

Back then, a common macro for PvE or leveling was the single macro that does shot rotation.
Something like

/castsequence reset=6 Kill Command, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot

Are these kind of macros still being used anymore? Or they have been nerfed in WotLK and Cat?
Hi guys, I last played in TBC, that was like 4 years ago.
Recently just got back on.

Back then, a common macro for PvE or leveling was the single macro that does shot rotation.
Something like

/castsequence reset=6 Kill Command, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot

Are these kind of macros still being used anymore? Or they have been nerfed in WotLK and Cat?

I don't think those work anymore.
need help developing a good shot rotation macro for a mm hunter. the ones I've tried actually lead to a big decrease in dps. Rather frustrating
i'm working on a macro that just doesnt work quite right.

this is it.

#showtooltip [mod:shift] Snake Trap(Nature): Explosive Trap
/castsequence [nomod] reset=9 Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap
/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=9 Trap Launcher,!Snake Trap

it works as far as deploying the traps correctly. However, it shows the "?" instead of the explosive Trap icon. When shift is pressed it shows the Snake Trap like it should.

if i change it to:

#showtooltip [mod:shift] Snake Trap(Nature): Explosive Trap(Fire)

then the snake trap icon does not show anymore. can anyone help me fix this part?
idk if anyone will actually read this now but since fox was introduced for the aspect dancing ive been using the following macros

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/startattack
/cast [no modifier] !Aspect of the Hawk
/cast [modifier] !Aspect of the Fox
/cast Steady Shot

^ is for pve. most of the time you are going to be in hawk, for those few fights where you cant stutter step or need to move the whole time just hold down a mod and youre good. just make sure its not shift.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/startattack
/cast [no modifier] !Aspect of the Fox
/cast [modifier] !Aspect of the Hawk
/cast Steady Shot

^ is for pvp. same as before, but when you can get a few hard casted steady shots off just hold down a mod and youre good.

idk if other people like the idea or have tried it but removes the need for 2 separate macros for steady shots.

and then for pvp and pve i make sure that the insta-cast shots are all in hawk so incorporate hawk into those shots and winning.
Thks for the info about trying the macros out on training dummies. I was thinking about flying down to the blasted lands and getting in to a fight just to test my macros.
I have been using this since I started playing.
/casthuntersmark
/castpetattack

You target with the tab then assign the macro to action bar 1 number 1 that way you get into a fight hit tab then 1.
Thanks for the macro info!

Does anyone know how to have the below macro, as well as have it simply drop the trap on the ground by right clicking the same button? Sort of a two function macro button.

#showtooltip Explosive Trap
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Explosive Trap(Fire - Trap Launcher), nil
What is « #showtoolip ..... » is doing?
New to macros myself so i've been scouring the interwebs in search of something incredible. This forum thread and the following website are pretty outstanding (can't believe nobody has mentioned the following site before:

Source : http://www.huntsmanslodge.com/macros

[url=http://www.huntsmanslodge.com/macros]Huntsmans Lodge - Macros[/url]

It has awesome hunter macros as well as the definition for EVERYTHING that goes into them so you can (with minimal error) create your own combinations.

Cheers!

EDIT 1: can't for the life of me figure out how to create a link in this thread.....sorry :)
07/11/2012 06:20 AMPosted by ßloodcarved
What is « #showtoolip ..... » is doing?

Shows tooltip on mouse over. Dont have to have it but macros look ugly without it.
So I've been experimenting lately with trying to set up a macro that will first cast trap launcher and then depending on which modifier you hit, will cast a corresponding trap. Needless to say, I've been having absolutely no luck. Is this not possible to do?

So far all I've come up with is:

#showtooltip Trap Launcher
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast [mod:shift] !Explosive Trap
/cast [mod:ctrl] !Freezing Trap

I've also experimented with /castsequence instead, but always only whichever trap was in the code last is the only one that is actually cast.
So I've been experimenting lately with trying to set up a macro that will first cast trap launcher and then depending on which modifier you hit, will cast a corresponding trap. Needless to say, I've been having absolutely no luck. Is this not possible to do?

So far all I've come up with is:

#showtooltip Trap Launcher
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast [mod:shift] !Explosive Trap
/cast [mod:ctrl] !Freezing Trap

I've also experimented with /castsequence instead, but always only whichever trap was in the code last is the only one that is actually cast.

If it can actually work use the syntax from the trap launcher macros that I list, ie /use explosive trap (fire trap) or whatever it is. But I have a feeling it wont work.
Im am trying to work out multi target attacking. Im trying to have a focus target macro setup that i can cc a target with all the while attacking my main target

#showtooltip [target=focus,harm] [] Silencing Shot
/stopcasting
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Silencing Shot

it works great as long as you preset a focus target & you can mix it up & change the attack... Ive pvp'd off & on for years & never really got into my hunter But Id like to learn how. Kiting is my biggest problem... I suck at it lol..
Im trying to figure how to do a macro setup where my pet will stay attacking my main target w/o changing over to attacking my focus target... any Tips?
Im am trying to work out multi target attacking. Im trying to have a focus target macro setup that i can cc a target with all the while attacking my main target

#showtooltip [target=focus,harm] [] Silencing Shot
/stopcasting
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Silencing Shot

it works great as long as you preset a focus target & you can mix it up & change the attack... Ive pvp'd off & on for years & never really got into my hunter But Id like to learn how. Kiting is my biggest problem... I suck at it lol..
Im trying to figure how to do a macro setup where my pet will stay attacking my main target w/o changing over to attacking my focus target... any Tips?

Tbh I am a bit confused what you are trying to achieve with your macro. In terms of just bging using mouse over macros is a lot more efficient, or so I find, and for arena I would recommend using gladius and just using the set focus option available through the add on.

Also your pet should not attack your focus target unless you just have it set on assist. I never do, so I am not sure whether that would make it attack your focus target, but I would imagine it would. You can either include /petattack into your main attacks or not be lazy and keep your pet on passive and manually send it to attack whatever you want.
honestly , ive never used mouseover macros before . I pretty much make keybind macros