Will DPS benefit from CtA?

General Discussion
Yes, I know the whole deal of CtA is to shorten the que for all, mainly the dps classes, and that's fantastic and all...
But do you think it has a chance of backfiring?

The CtA only activates when a role is being less represented. That's usually the tank, or on rare occasions, the healer. I'm pretty sure there will NEVER be a time with DPS will be the least represented, therefore, they'll probably never have a CtA.

So basically, not only do tanks get near instant ques, but they now also have a chance at gold and rare items such as gems, mounts and vanity pets. Whereas DPS might be able to drop a few min off their que.

So, just a simple question.
Do you think CtA can fully benefit DPS the way it might for tanks?
They get shorter queues , stop crying.
The whole point is to 'get' people to queue in solo so others can get their queues faster.

If it was all the 'same', like it was without CtA, nothing would change.

If people are running with guild groups, they're not getting the bag at all either.

It's been said before, but you want the bag? Roll a healer or a tank. It's BoA, so you can send it to whatever character you want; such as a dps role main.

The shorter queue is your reward as dps.
04/26/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Climp
They get shorter queues , stop crying.

I'm not crying at all, I'm just asking a question.
Yes shorter ques is great, and I'm happy for it.
But it's also natural to feel jealous if another role I can't perform gets showered with gifts.
Your really going to love it in about 2 weekswhen your queues are the same length because there isnt loot enough to make a 2 hour pug heroic fun. So you will have a long queue time and no loot bag.
The whole point is to 'get' people to queue in solo so others can get their queues faster.

If it was all the 'same', like it was without CtA, nothing would change.

If people are running with guild groups, they're not getting the bag at all either.

It's been said before, but you want the bag? Roll a healer or a tank. It's BoA, so you can send it to whatever character you want; such as a dps role main.

The shorter queue is your reward as dps.

That is true, and that's what I plan to do with my healer, but some people might not like feeling like that have to roll a class/role they don't like just for the same benefits.

I'm not talking about myself here people, just in general :P

absolutely. Two reasons:

1) shorter queue times for dps

2) the reward is BoA, so you could play as your tank/healer and then send the reward to your DPS alts.
Shorter queue is, imo, a pretty decent reward. I thought the rewards were BoA anyways.

I'm not sure if tanks will be the less represented role if a bunch of people will switch to tanking. If a lot of people go to tanking, healers might have a chance of being the less represented role.
Just think about that. There will be companions and mounts I'll never have because my class is pure DPS.

Oh well. I do enjoy those smaller queues, and I'm not much of a collector... but it's a thought to consider.
Just think about that. There will be companions and mounts I'll never have because my class is pure DPS.

Oh well. I do enjoy those smaller queues, and I'm not much of a collector... but it's a thought to consider.

The items, including the mounts and companions, are BoA, so you can have them.
You'll just hafta roll a tank for them.
04/26/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Torisee
false. You can roll a tank and mail the rewards to your warlock, as the rewards are BoA.
04/26/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Twirljump
Like most things that are new and shiny, the hype will die down and will add back 15-20 minutes to DPS queues
Yes, I know the whole deal of CtA is to shorten the que for all, mainly the dps classes, and that's fantastic and all...
But do you think it has a chance of backfiring?

The CtA only activates when a role is being less represented. That's usually the tank, or on rare occasions, the healer. I'm pretty sure there will NEVER be a time with DPS will be the least represented, therefore, they'll probably never have a CtA.

So basically, not only do tanks get near instant ques, but they now also have a chance at gold and rare items such as gems, mounts and vanity pets. Whereas DPS might be able to drop a few min off their que.

That has been my concern as well. It seems to be a reward with no real address to the fundamental problem of enticing players to tank or heal beyond the "free stuff". If it does anything long term, I would suspect it will cause a greater division between the real tank/healer communities and the dps community as the dpsers feel slighted because they don't get the bonus.

I just geared up my pally for tanking, have a partial set for this dk, geared my shaman for healing, and expect to cash in when it's available until bliz realizes that a bandage is a poor substitute for actually drawing interest to the neglected rolls by actually making those roles more fun and worthwhile to play.

TL;DR

Bad bandage = bad.
If the DPS role ever would get a CtA, it would be over in minutes.
The bag is BoA, not the items inside; as far as I know.

Potions, mounts, etc are BoP once taken out of the bag.

At least that's the last I knew.
Any role that needs additional incentive to deal with the people who play the rest of the roles, will get it. That's the point.
04/26/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Lumenz

I'm not crying at all, I'm just asking a question.
Yes shorter ques is great, and I'm happy for it.
But it's also natural to feel jealous if another role I can't perform gets showered with gifts.

Then roll a tank, problem solved. They trying to make queue times shorter, yet people still complain *boggle*.

I'm not complaining about the short times at all, nor about the loot bags.
I'm just asking everyone else's opinion on this.

Although I will say, problem not solved. I hate tanking.
So it's either go without the pretty stuff, or roll a role I dislike playing and waste the money I spent on this game boring myself to tears.