WoW will die unless dungeon finder is removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
Vanzion, you bet me to it. lol

I've played since a few months after launch, off and on anyways. Sitting around in the zone that a dungeon was in and LFGing in General chat there while questing was how things got done.

I agree about the community policing itself too. It also did one other thing though. Made sure that you knew your class and the dungeon.

People could understand if you said that you had never been in a specific dungeon, or had only been in a few times. There was more patience and more comments about how to better how you played your class for that dungeon, if not in general.

My vote would be for putting in a selection to choose your group mates in the LFD from your server. Would it solve the social issue? Probably not, but it'd be a step in the right direction.
04/27/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Shämuräi
I like what LFD brought to WoW. I don't want to go back to the old LFG in all honesty because the old LFG took waaaayyyy too long for people to find groups that wanted X dungeon especially if it was one of those that the majority of us hated but certain classes needed to run for rep to get the better gear or profession item it offered.

I agree with you 100%. The whole point to my post is that while the dungeon finder might make the game more fun, it removes the aspect of WoW that made it successful in the first place: retention. As great as the DF is, look at how many people complain about it. No matter how good an improvement is, it will never be good enough. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I'm just saying Blizzard has removed the mechanism that kept people interested DESPITE feeling things are not good enough.
WoW will die when Titan is released, get over it.
I am in the "hate" LFD group.

It does not encourage anyone to try and get to know the people you are running with. In fact it just leads to more crappy people displaying their crappy behavior.

I feel LFD is partially responsible for killing the community aspect of this game.

I am however willing to compromise.

Make it realm only.

Totally agree.
You dont like LFD then dont use it...simple

I <3 LFD

I guess you didn't read my post because I said I like LFD. That's not what this is about. I'm just saying that it changed WoW in a way that will lead people to move on to another game.
I love it. This thread fits the exact criteria that makes someone an idiot that thinks he/she is right about everything:

Wow will die until [thing(s) I don't like] is/are removed
Unfortunately even if they WANTED to remove LFD, they cant now. It's made the game too easy, too many people love it (casuals / people that log in a couple times a week and treat the game as if it were any old fps on the xbox)

The game will never have the friend / social aspect that made the game so popular back in the day, they can't bring that back now.

Yes, you are correct.
04/27/2011 02:59 PMPosted by Baitnswitch
I guess my point is that maybe Blizzard should be working less on making the game more fun,

Stopped reading right there. I don't think i need to say why.
One issue about the dungeon finder that wasnt particulary mentiond was the fact that since the dungeon finder ports u to the dungeon.. when ur group wipes. no one knows how to get back into the dungeon. being all allaince, ragefire wipes were horrid the first time...

just saying..
04/27/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Baitnswitch
I like what LFD brought to WoW. I don't want to go back to the old LFG in all honesty because the old LFG took waaaayyyy too long for people to find groups that wanted X dungeon especially if it was one of those that the majority of us hated but certain classes needed to run for rep to get the better gear or profession item it offered.

I agree with you 100%. The whole point to my post is that while the dungeon finder might make the game more fun, it removes the aspect of WoW that made it successful in the first place: retention. As great as the DF is, look at how many people complain about it. No matter how good an improvement is, it will never be good enough. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I'm just saying Blizzard has removed the mechanism that kept people interested DESPITE feeling things are not good enough.

Also in the OP you mentioned that WoW is your way of life -

Making any game a way of life isnt healthy. I love the GTA series but its not something thats become ingrained into everyday life priorities.

Something to consider.

If dungeon finder wasn't implemented I would never have resubbed to this game. I'm not about to spend an hour or more just getting a group together. It may take nearly an hour to queue as dps but I can do other things like hopelessly farm fragments on the off chance I finally get a useful item.
I have been playing wow since beta, and I have found myself playing less and less. I used to be a 40+ hour a week raider, now i log in maybe 2-3 times a week. It really is the community thats changing that is ruining the game. The LFD tool has provided people another way to be cruel and hateful to each other with no consequences.

Making any game a way of life isnt healthy. I love the GTA series but its not something thats become ingrained into everyday life priorities.

Something to consider

alot of people are saying this, when he said " its a way of life" it was metaphorical. it isnt legitly his way of life, hes pretty much saying its life-like. you talked to people you didnt just play the game like you do know. in the game now, u grind to 85, gear urself up, get gold cap, maby do it with other toons, but after that there isnt anything left to do, before there was community. so after u did that and while u did it u were around people. now ur not.
I love it. This thread fits the exact criteria that makes someone an idiot that thinks he/she is right about everything:

Wow will die until [thing(s) I don't like] is/are removed

Well apparently you are the idiot for not reading my post and commenting strictly based on the title. I DO like the dungeon finder and I'm not asking for it to be removed. I'm simply stating that it has changed WoW in a way that Blizzard will not be able to recover from.
LFD isn't that great. I remember leveling my characters without it, and I had reason to quest. Now it's queue for dungeons, do dungeon, then re queue. Without doing those quests that Blizzard had worked really hard on, are players nowadays gaining the whole experience of World Of Warcraft? Or are they just being carried to 85 and grinding gear until they get bored of it and move on?
May

04/27/2011 04:51 PMPosted by Zaquel
I guess my point is that maybe Blizzard should be working less on making the game more fun,

Stopped reading right there. I don't think i need to say why.

Maybe you should have kept reading, then you would understand what I mean by that.
personally I feel they should keep the LFG system but make it server only, and dont portal you to the instance. it was cool when it came out now i have no reason to go out of org.
Dungeon Finder has reduced World PvP, made players have an even worse attitude towards each other because "Hey! That person isn't on my server so I can say whatever I want and will never see them again!", and it doesn't make the dungeons feel rare and exciting anymore.

When there was no Dungeon Finder you could probably only do 1 or 2 dungeons a day which I actually liked thinking about it. It made the dungeons feel more rare and hard to get to, like they were actually something special. Now I could do the same dungeon 5 times in a row and still have time to do even more, which is partially because they are so easy and partially because, well, I don't have to run there.

Yes, flying mounts did have an affect on World PvP, but the Dungeon Finder is slightly more massive in reducing World PvP than that. In the BC world, we had flying mounts and there was World PvP every day in the Outlands. A lot of PvP came from people going to dungeons and that was taken away because very few people go to the actual dungeon portal now.

Lastly, the attitude. I think I explained it enough, but it's only going to keep getting worse. The new bags will probably attract new tanks as well and people just don't have the patience for it. I slightly blame the dungeon designs, they are short and easy with no skill involved from levels 1-85. So, they are boring and people just want to finish it as soon as possible to get their loot and get out. But the whole different server aspect gives a player an even bigger scoop of confidence to say whatever dirty, mean thing they have on their mind.

I guess they don't have to get rid of it, but at least make it server only to queue up. Even better, just make it a list/chart of people who want to do the dungeon and then make them run to it once they invited each other.

Something to consider.

LOL I didn't mean that it is MY way of life, I meant that the game has become A way of life in that it is more than just a game such as you might play on Xbox or play station. The game is so successful because it creates an environment that is fully immersive.