Please Blizzard, to reignite world PvP

General Discussion
Please Blizzard, make these changes on all realms,

Lower guards in cities/towns that have them to level 40 - 45, make flying guards only capable of hitting people on flying mounts, and if you take out guards make it 10 minutes before they respawn.

When players do attack cities make it so that any player coming to the defense will get maybe twice the honour points gained than that they would in say a neutral location or on a road.

Create an item so we can force a flying mount within range to land, so we can stop people from running away from fights by flying or knock someone down to fight with.

Create some more quest world pvp objectives in neutral zones like:
Only visible if you have PvP flagged to on:
Kill 5 Horde/Alliance players
Gather ? from Alliance/Horde city/town/zone
Kill ? questgivers for Alliance/Horde
Kill ? trainers for Alliance/Horde

This would help reignite the fire of World PvP.

Other players please give your support to this.
They don't want World PvP though. They added Battlegrounds and Arenas for a reason.

Killing questgivers and trainers just makes the game difficult for others. Glad I don't play on a PvP server where jerks can make life unbearable for people 75 levels lower than them.
Like Sorelai basically said, they killed world pvp on purpose. They dont want us doing it.
So, no guards?
04/20/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Ruind
Like Sorelai basically said, they killed world pvp on purpose. They dont want us doing it.

World PvP is bad for the pocket book.
Because this is a pvp/pve game. Hince the name "World Of Warcraft"
04/20/2011 01:13 PMPosted by Floralae
Create an item so we can force a flying mount within range to land, so we can stop people from running away from fights by flying or knock someone down to fight with.

This is an awful idea and you should feel terrible for posting it.

Leave these forums and never return.
We do WPVP 3/4 times a week on my server, we also do it a lot at raid entrances.

I'm on a PVE server.

Its not up to Blizzard to fix, its up to the player.
world pvp is dead because...

- the game isn't new anymore; people got bored of the whole alliance vs horde conflict years ago
- all it is is max level people griefing people's low level alts (since there are hardly any new players anymore)
- the days of tarren mill vs southshore are over
- most people stay in stormwind and orgrimmar all day; they'll leave to do dailies or raid (but mostly they'll just wait to be summoned)
- if you try to get into pvp, you're only going to get facerolled by people who have resilience, which is why most people don't
- the game isn't new anymore
- i just want mah honor and mah dailies and mah loots

So what you're saying is you want to force people in PvP with you, even when they go out of their way to avoid it?

I'm sure Blizzard is going to get right on that.
There's a few issues with your requests.

Lower guards in cities/towns that have them to level 40 - 45, make flying guards only capable of hitting people on flying mounts, and if you take out guards make it 10 minutes before they respawn.

Faceroll easy. One 85 could walk into any town/city with no resistance.

Leans towards griefing. If you are on your mount running away, you do not wish to be a part of the conflict.

Create some more quest world pvp objectives in neutral zones like:
Kill 5 Horde/Alliance players
Kill ? questgivers for Alliance/Horde
Kill ? trainers for Alliance/Horde

Griefing. This is the exact reason guards are level 90 in starter zones.

04/20/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Ruind

I figured it was to give people an alternative to ganking lowbies under the guise of world pvp. I assumed that if people really wanted world pvp, it would be happening. There wouldn't be a reason for Blizz to get involved.
On a PvP server, have at it.

On a PvE server, as long as you make every single NPC i may need to interact with invulnerable to attack, then go for it. Otherwise, no. There is a reason people roll on a PvE server.

PvP
PvE

Note the difference in the 3rd letter area.
They don't want World PvP though. They added Battlegrounds and Arenas for a reason.

Killing questgivers and trainers just makes the game difficult for others. Glad I don't play on a PvP server where jerks can make life unbearable for people 75 levels lower than them.

You can do that on any server, you have the option to. Even on a PvE server my friends and I would attack the Barrens just for fun.

There is little World PvP because you don't have to find the dungeon entrances anymore. You also have no idea how much resilience the other player has or you can clearly see they have a big set of heirloom gear/ a full set of PvP gear.

I think if there was some PvP dailies more people would be interested in attacking towns, but the PvP dailies would have to give more than just honor and some gold. Honor is very easy to get now, so you would only do them if you were really bored.
04/20/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Bloodbliss

Except that Blizz went to some extreme lengths to neuter world pvp and for the most part it worked =/. For example, it may have been annoying if you wanted to post an auction only to find the auctioneers dead, but you could easily go to another city to do that. But with the new city guards, not only is it almost impossible to a rogue/druid to gank members of the opposite faction in their cities, but for raids to take down faction leaders because of how many guards that spawn and how strong each one is.

Good luck to those who need to go into opposing faction cities for some of the World Events achievements, because you're gonna need it.
They made tol barad a contested zone and put all the good dailies there on purpose to encourage "world" pvp. But honestly to me it just feels like dull and I dont even do those dailies cause the rewards suck.

Id settle for battlegrounds that are like world places.

For example a Stormwind Battleground, horde try to kill Varian, Alliance defend him.
Or say tarren mill bg, use the two towns as nodes and the little tower as a third.

Putting together a group and attacking somewhere in the world is pointless now. Theres no rewards so people dont care, and meeting stones/lfg dont even encourage us to leave major cities. Guards are so beefy and never ending theres no reason to attack major cities. Its as blizz wants it to be.
04/20/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Erica

Good luck to those who need to go into opposing faction cities for some of the World Events achievements, because you're gonna need it.

Actually they made it very easy to get to the Elders for the world event. I flew into the three horde cities without incident. They even put the Elder for the Undercity almost outside.