[BUG] Zul'Farrak's Door

Bug Report
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/30/2015 10:23 AMPosted by Bugdafug
This isn't bugged! You're doing it wrong.

No, it's a bug. If you do the scenario wrong...

Really? It. Isn't. A. Bug.

You have to do it right or the Goblin doesn't blow the door. If he doesn't blow the door you don't get in to the last boss. It's nothing more than a mechanic you have to do correctly and if you don't then oh well your bad. I've run this so many times for mogs and I've never had a problem because I followed the mechanic of the encounter.
Just because it's possible to not have it occur if you do the right sequence of actions doesn't mean it's not a bug. It could be entirely possible that the Goblin isn't suppose to ever leave until you talk to him, and it's being triggered by something prematurely.

No, it's a bug. If you do the scenario wrong...

You have to do it right or the Goblin doesn't blow the door. If he doesn't blow the door you don't get in to the last boss. It's nothing more than a mechanic you have to do correctly and if you don't then oh well your bad. I've run this so many times for mogs and I've never had a problem because I followed the mechanic of the encounter.

Why are you so concerned with making sure people can't complete this dungeon?

Yes, there is a series of scripted events that opens the door.

Yes, if you do not follow that script the door doesn't open.

No, that shouldn't be the case in a dungeon at any level, let alone one that's sub 60.
03/25/2016 11:42 AMPosted by Evelys

Why are you so concerned with making sure people can't complete this dungeon?

Yes, there is a series of scripted events that opens the door.

Yes, if you do not follow that script the door doesn't open.

No, that shouldn't be the case in a dungeon at any level, let alone one that's sub 60.

So should simple mechanics in all dungeons be removed because people are too stupid to do them right?
Ah, this thread. Okay so aside from this being a really old necro-post, I'm actually curious if anybody has exact steps to reproduce this, because we're not actually sure why we're still seeing reports.

We actually fixed the primary way this event could break back in 2014 (Warlords 6.0 patch) by changing the action sets for Weegli Blastfuse and the other NPCs. Previously, once you defeated Nekrum & Sezz'ziz you only had a few minutes to chat with either Sergeant Bly or Weegli before they'd hearth out. Now, they'll sit around forever and wait for you to initiate the conversation with them. Once you talk to Bly and start combat with them, Weegli will run to the door and blow it up. Alternatively, you can talk to Weegli directly and he'll open the door with you.

I suppose it's possible that Weegli is dying in combat when the trolls swarm the stairs? That seems unlikely as the NPCs are pretty good about taking damage, but that's the only thing I can think of.

If you folks are able to help us out and provide precise steps to reproduce, it would be appreciated.
This just happened in my dungeon. We freed the goblin and then the tank pulled all the slaves. Healer (me) wasnt ready and we all wiped on the stairs. After we wiped it seemed the NPCs were getting swarmed by quite a bit of them.

We released and came back in and rode mounts back to the area, killed all the mobs and the NPCs weren't there.
The Goblin tells you to protect him. You didn't, he and the others got killed, so of course they weren't there when you came back. This isn't a bug. You did it wrong.
I have never had this happen. When soloing this on my upper level characters, the moment I interact Sergeant Bly and the shift to hostile occurs, Weegli Blastfuse hot-foots it for the gate and blows it up whether I have interacted with him or not. But I have heard the mighty groans of many guild members about it happening often enough to figure out two things:

First, a wipe or sloppy crowd control can cause all the prisoners to die and thus the death of the prisoners on the steps, rushing to the bottom of the steps certainly seems to increase the risk of the prisoners dying; maybe simply waiting 5 or so minutes for the npcs to respawn at the top of the pyramid might be the solution here.

Second, if you did not first interact with Weegli Blastfuse, over-zealous use of AOE after interacting with Sergeant Bly can sometimes clip and kill Weegli Blastfuse. Since the two sub-bosses (i.e., Shadowpriest Sezz'ziz and Nekrum Gutchewer) are dead in this instance, I am not sure if the prisoners will respawn.
Once you save the guys in the cage just talk to the gob and he will set some explosives and blow up the gate.
Edit: getting on my rogue to experiment.

Edit:
03/25/2016 04:44 PMPosted by Zorbrix
Ah, this thread. Okay so aside from this being a really old necro-post, I'm actually curious if anybody has exact steps to reproduce this, because we're not actually sure why we're still seeing reports.

We actually fixed the primary way this event could break back in 2014 (Warlords 6.0 patch) by changing the action sets for Weegli Blastfuse and the other NPCs. Previously, once you defeated Nekrum & Sezz'ziz you only had a few minutes to chat with either Sergeant Bly or Weegli before they'd hearth out. Now, they'll sit around forever and wait for you to initiate the conversation with them. Once you talk to Bly and start combat with them, Weegli will run to the door and blow it up. Alternatively, you can talk to Weegli directly and he'll open the door with you.

I suppose it's possible that Weegli is dying in combat when the trolls swarm the stairs? That seems unlikely as the NPCs are pretty good about taking damage, but that's the only thing I can think of.

If you folks are able to help us out and provide precise steps to reproduce, it would be appreciated.

Hey Zorbrix I ran my level 100 rogue though the dungeon I got to the encounter I pulled all the mobs up to the stairs and I vanish and the lowest I saw their health drop is 85% and not drop anymore, I even pulled every single mob in the dungeon on them and still no lower then 85% after what felt like 30 or so min maybe longer the encounter would reset and they would all respawn as if it was beginning again,.
I killed the first stage of mobs allowing the next boss to spawn and had him attack the mobs the gobs health dropped to about 50% during the beginning though then climb back up to 85%.

I am thinking if all of the boss mobs attack the gob in the event of a wipe it kills the gob considering he did drop a bit before the safety effect took effect.

So it seems the gob is safe from everything in the dungeon up to the point the safety is triggered so if he was targeted all at once by every mob then I think he would die.

considering I am unable to kill friendly npc I can't remove them and prove my theory leave the rest up to the dev department to simulate the event of the gob being hammered all at once by the boss encounter.

Edit: One bit of important information I left out
In theory if the Gob dies be for the safety is triggered during the boss encounter and the boss is killed shortly after the gob dies and or at the sometime is where I think the bug is happening which is preventing him from re-spawning to blow down the gate.

Easy fix be to make the gate click and break after the boss is defeated.

Though the likelihood of such a thing seems very low in my opinion.
Exact Steps to Reproduce:

The group I was in killed the boss at the top of the stairs and freed the prisoners. Healer stood at the top of the stairs while tank went down to pull entire mob. Tank died. Mob went to dps. Dps died. Mob went to healer at the top of the stairs. Healer died. We all spawned and walked into dungeon as a ghost. Rode our mounts back. Mob was still at the bottom of the stairs. Prisoners + goblin nowhere to be seen. Killed the boss+mob at the bottom of the stairs. Still no prisoners to talk to or goblin.
still bugged.

group wiped, NPC party disappeared.
Still bugged.

When I entered the instance, the group was already fighting the zumbies horde.
The door never opened.

Some lucky guy was able to cross the door collider by using a Tundra Mount in Traveler's mode. But we were unable to atack the enemies inside that dungeon section.

We were unable to finish the dungeon.
bugged for my group today
Heretics got it right... this is what happened for me also. Surprised after so many years this hasn't been fixed lol
Ok so, I ran this on an alt today. I was DPS and the tank pulled the entire pack not realizing the limitations of the healer. We wiped and ran back in, rather then the fight being reset after the wipe, the trolls at the bottom of the stairs continued to swarm the NPCs and wiped them. We killed the pack but the NPCs did not respawn so we had no way of opening the door. Perhaps there should be something put in the respawns the NPCs after the encounter or at least give the option to rez the goblin and let his body persist till the group leaves the dungeon, similar to the Leeroy rez function.
Bug just happened today for me. We wiped on swarm and when we came back the npcs were gone and we couldn't continue the quest or go through the dungeon to the final boss.
06/27/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Auralei
Bug just happened today for me. We wiped on swarm and when we came back the npcs were gone and we couldn't continue the quest or go through the dungeon to the final boss.

The encounter is not intended for the tank to run down and aggro every single mob at the bottom at once. The scripting is designed for the group to stay near the top and kill mobs as they run up to meet *you*. Captain Bly will make a comment about advancing downward at a certain point. Go down then.

By running down and creating a situation where you're highly likely to wipe, players are breaking the scripting and causing this to occur. In the many years of playing this game, I've never seen this happen if you do the encounter as the devs intended.

Do the encounter as designed and you'll be just fine.
Bug still exists.

While leveling an alt, the tank of the group started the event and then ran to the bottom of the pyramid and died. This caused the group to wipe and the NPCs died. We ran back, killed all the mobs and boss, but the door could not be opened.

Submitted a ticket in game as well.
Bug still a thing... after 40 minutes dungeon this is really frustrating...