Camped in WSG

General Discussion
So with the new grave yard configuration it doesn't allow you to escape being camped. Right now there are 3 hunters with 42k HP camping the graveyard and we have no way to escape. So whats the purpose of the new graveyard configuration in WSG?
So many people will cancel accounts over this if it is not hot fixed soon.
04/26/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Vixe
So with the new grave yard configuration it doesn't allow you to escape being camped. Right now there are 3 hunters with 42k HP camping the graveyard and we have no way to escape. So whats the purpose of the new graveyard configuration in WSG?

What makes you think there was a purpose?

Like Edgar Alan Poe said, sometimes, people just do things because they know they shouldn't.
04/26/2011 07:16 PMPosted by Satanclaws
So many people will cancel accounts over this if it is not hot fixed soon.

HAHA!

Really? I'd like to see that. No, really, I would. Of all of Blizzard's changes and miss-steps, the greatest shall be the moving of a graveyard in one battleground.
I believe it was implemented so that people couldn't run right back into their base right after dying there.
04/26/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Bainbridge
I believe it was implemented so that people couldn't run right back into their base right after dying there.

Which is REALLY dumb that they changed it 6 years after it being the same old, same old. Of ALL the things we asked for WSG to change, this plainly shows the devs are in their own world.
04/26/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Jazmeh

Which is REALLY dumb that they changed it 6 years after it being the same old, same old. Of ALL the things we asked for WSG to change, this plainly shows the devs are in their own world.
Agreed. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least made a path up back to the flag room, AND made it longer to get there if that was really the intention.

I anticipated and even said this would happen when I saw the screenshot months ago.
04/26/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Bainbridge

Except that there's a rez timer for that...
Twice now in one night... WSG was perfect for how long? Why screw around with it?
I read a blue post that talked about ways to keep the flag from being kept at the GY but I cannot find it now. If this is the solution to that issue it sounds like Blizz should revisit this change because it sounds like it is creating more problems than it is fixing :(
The grave yard is one of the worse places to keep the flag IMO

Cant count the number of time the O has worked to get a return only for someone to grab the flag again because our fc took to long to cap because of how far away they were.

Now running to the gy when you are the fc to gain a temporary boost in defense i can understand but staying there any long period of time is not a good idea.

Cant count the number of time the O has worked to get a return only for someone to grab the flag again because our fc took to long to cap because of how far away they were.

Now running to the gy when you are the fc to gain a temporary boost in defense i can understand but staying there any long period of time is not a good idea.
It is annoyingly effective with multiple healers, however.

When someone -does- die, 30 seconds and they're already back and kicking.

I don't think it was at the GY per se, just close enough for healers to rez and help maintain the turtle thus prolonging games. If I remember correctly the change was not made with the 15-20 bracket in mind but rather RBGs. Unfortunately this fix seems to exacerbate problems in lower brackets at the expense of trying to fix a problem more closely connected to RBGs. Would not surprise me if Blizz takes another look at this situation relatively soon.
Have to wonder if some people on Blizz's development team are purposefully sabotaging the game. Maybe another MMO is making it worth their while.
04/26/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Vixe
Twice now in one night... WSG was perfect for how long? Why screw around with it?

They felt it wasn't perfect. They felt that stalemates were too common, and that they shouldn't have to have the stacking flag debuff. Which they weren't. And were easily solved.