Raiding on RP Servers

General Discussion
Okay, I've put up with these constant raid invites on PvE servers for four years, but a few months ago when I started RPing, I still constantly get invites to raids! I think there should be a limit of raids per week on RP servers. Just something like four raids a week. If you people want to raid so horribly bad, go to a freaking PvE server!
Playing on an RP server does not mandate that one must only RP. We certainly have people who prefer to raid and PvP on Sentinels.

I'd ask who you're getting invites from and whether you've discussed your availability with them. I've had long-time friends ask if I want to come heal/tank/whatnot for a raid they're in, but if I let them know I'm not interested that day, week, month, that's the end of it.
I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but your issue is that people want to play a game and frequently ask you to come play with them?
Okay, my mistake for being unclear; by being invited to go on raids I mean like people spamming in trade chat.
I'm not sure the OP knows what a raid is.

eta: Ah, I see he knows what a raid is, but not what an invite is.
We call this ninja invites, on my server we stopped this a long time ago, its actually discouraged. Now we just whisper the person to see if they want to go or not.

BTW, ninja inviting is encouraged for guildys, whether your raiding or not, lol.
04/20/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Calha
Okay, my mistake for being unclear; by being invited to go on raids I mean like people spamming in trade chat.

Leave trade chat. Problem solved! Besides, it's not very role playing like to have some universal chat channel that allows people over the entire server to talk to each other.

Oh, you mean pugging, or people trying to for pug groups, yea, this is encouraged. Way to meet new friends.

You can ignore them. And I don't mean putting them on a list. Just ignore them. If it bothers you too much, then leave the channel.
Okay, I'd like to point out the minority of RP and RPPVP servers vs. how many PVP and PVE severs there are. I'm just saying that it's pointless bothering RPers when you could simply just play on another server. I'm saying there should still be raids, but for like gear for RP personalities.
On the subject of RP I'm kind of looking for an RP server, but I want one that still has guilds that run instances and raids, but does so while still maintaining the 'Role Play'. I presume these groups exist, somewhere. Anyone know of any servers I should look at?
RP stands for Raid Progression, you picked the wrong server.
As someone who raids on an RP server, no. Additionally, you should feel bad for your suggestion.
04/20/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Rhakh

Wowprogress.com suggests it does not, in fact, stand for raid progression.
04/20/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Mescyn

Wowprogress.com suggests it does not, in fact, stand for raid progression.

You didn't really think...

Oh. You did.