Lame 31pt talents

General Discussion
Arcane Power
I'm going to have to vote for BM as lamest.

It's the entire reason you would pick that tree over Surv or MM and you have to wait til level 69 to get it...? You already get a stupid stun as a talent instead of a cool shot like the other trees and you don't get another cool shot for the end of tree ability like the other two??

The fact that you get extra points to put into pet talents seems to have been forgotten, or completely dismissed as important.
Dispersion.

It's not a bad ability, per se, but it gets very limited use in PvE, at least. My gear is high enough that as long as I pop Dark Archangel, Shadowfiend, and SW:D often, I can sustain my rotation basically forever, so I don't need Dispersion for mana. So that just makes it a defensive cooldown that doesn't see a whole lot of use in PvE. I don't PvP, so I never really used it there, but it seems to me like it just prolongs death for a few seconds. It'd be nicer if it didn't silence the caster.

Compared to end talents like Guardian Spirit or Living Bomb, Dispersion is just kinda meh.
04/25/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Zuljinzo
dancing rune weapon.
04/25/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Rectangle
Vendetta is pretty lame.
Chaos Bolt

I mean, the sound and look it produces is awesome, but the problem is, the description lies. It doesn't go through bubble.
Earthquake
LOL. Berserk is lame?
Dispersion.

It's not a bad ability, per se, but it gets very limited use in PvE, at least. My gear is high enough that as long as I pop Dark Archangel, Shadowfiend, and SW:D often, I can sustain my rotation basically forever, so I don't need Dispersion for mana. So that just makes it a defensive cooldown that doesn't see a whole lot of use in PvE. I don't PvP, so I never really used it there, but it seems to me like it just prolongs death for a few seconds. It'd be nicer if it didn't silence the caster.

Compared to end talents like Guardian Spirit or Living Bomb, Dispersion is just kinda meh.

It was made for PvE for people that had trouble with mana. You don't have that trouble it appears so the only use for you is the PvP one which is also a reason why it was created. It is meant for you to burst an enemy and cc them them without fear is wasting mana in PvP and then they will often times use cooldowns to get onto equal grounds. While they are using burst, you pop any heals or hots that you need and then Disperse while they are hotted. Then you will have lots of hp and still have tons of mana and maybe even 100% mana while they are dotted. And it is just plain cool to use. It is fun.

I haven't had trouble with mana as Shadow basically at all, once I realized that using SW:D on cooldown is a major source of mana.

It's probably better in PvP like you say, but for me, I basically only use it for its awesome graphic.
To riptide haters: chimaeron, chain heal, heals while moving, instant HW-like healing, low mana cost, hot that heals for near that of a GHW for full duration...

Black arrow is saved for me simply because it does shadow damage, so id have to go with earthquake. That should be a baseline spell.