Please revert Horse Mount animation changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Looking at the videos posted, it looks exactly the same. Maybe a little faster, but I see no difference in the animation. And now I feel stupid...
I haven't really noticed...

Now i have to check.
Rocking horse lol

Probably a bug.
04/26/2011 11:22 PMPosted by Tarison
Looking at the videos posted, it looks exactly the same. Maybe a little faster, but I see no difference in the animation. And now I feel stupid...

Watch the character. They whip back and forth instead of sitting mostly still.
04/26/2011 06:32 PMPosted by Xiggy
Is this a purposeful change or a bug like the dragon mounts had in Wrath? If this is intentional, I am deeply displeased >:[

When me and a friend were doing the tournament dailies is when we noticed this. We thought it was a bug at first, but he looked it up and apparently from what he said they did indeed mean to change the animation.

Of course whether that means they intended it to look like this or not, who knows. Hopefully this is a bug but I still wonder why, after 6 years of no complaints about how riding a horse looked, they decided it needed a change. Isn't there more important things to work on for them?
Video for original horse running animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRGSi1DhcM&t=0m39s

I think I see the problem.

They seem to be running the same for me, but I noticed that my character rocks back and forth along woth the horse's back, while before my character was locked in place and didn't lean forward or backward.

Probably just a bug.
There are two separate issues here. Our characters are wobbling with the mounts instead of their usual rigid stillness, AND the animation for the mount itself has been changed from how a horse normally runs to the more prancing gait of a deer or something. Just press jump while standing still on your mount, and watch how the back legs of any horse mounts bend unnaturally, in such a way that a deer's might.

Blizz, look at my horse. My horse ain't amazing. Give it a lick, it no longer tastes just like raisins. Change it back.

And give our CHARACTERS some riding animations instead. I'd like it if my character didn't bob like a rubber ducky in a bathtub, but the old emotionless stasis they originally had wasn't exactly the best either.
04/26/2011 11:54 PMPosted by Nyphears

Watch the character. They whip back and forth instead of sitting mostly still.

I kinda want to add Willow's "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth" song to the youtube video now.
Looks like the first time I tried riding a horse...

When you dismount you'll probably get a concussion debuff.
They did it in BC with the wyverns and never changed it back. I'm hoping it's not the case with the horses.
Yikes, I remember there was someone trying to point this out months ago but nothing was ever done. Those animations are so jerky and terrible geez.
It's just....... awful.

Please, please, please change it back.
Oh god. I hadn't seen the new animation yet.

It's terrible. Jesus.
Anyone know if this affects flying horses like the Celestial Steed, Invincible or the Horseman's mount? I'm still not over the terrain bug "fix" done to them, hopefully it doesn't look like you're on a mechanical bull or something when on the ground.
Why can't they fix the broken things for once instead of breaking the things that actually WORK?
Umm.. I fail to see the difference.

Besides wouldn't an horse wana buck a smelly orc off it's back anyway? Wolfs are more your thing.

You can argue your opinion about the Mechanostrider all you want. Well atleast it isn't like we took a bunch of lame mopeds and painted flames on them. >_>

Seriously. Nothing is more silly looking then a taurren on a goblin Moped.
Besides wouldn't an horse wana buck a smelly orc off it's back anyway? Wolfs are more your thing.

You can argue your opinion about the Mechanostrider all you want. Well atleast it isn't like we took a bunch of lame mopeds and painted flames on them. >_>

Seriously. Nothing is more silly looking then a taurren on a goblin Moped.

You're getting way, way off-topic by your own accord. Are you stable?

Anyways, as far as the actual gait goes, there is a difference but it doesn't look -that- bad, although I don't feel it's any improvement over the last.

Now, with that said, the rocking-back-and-forth deal? That's just ridiculous.
Oddly, there was a point on the PTR where the Swiftsabers had the rockin horse effect and somewhere it changed to the Horse mounts.

At least the Drake of the West Wind didn't stay that pinkish color it was for a while.
Watch THIS video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZFrW5gQ8E

Please, please please please OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE make all of our horses run like the DK horses used to!!!

I know you can do it!! The animations are already there!! Please do this!!!