Please revert Horse Mount animation changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next

... Why not a hotfix?

This

If you had been able to hold your attention to the thread after that post, you'd have gotten a perfectly legitimate answer.
On a similar matter, I got my hands on a Swift Spectral Tiger a few weeks back and was highly disappointed when I mounted up on my kilt wearing Shaman. The kilt basically goes right through the mount rather than sit on top of it. This obviously wouldnt be noticable on normal "solid" mounts, however it is clearly visible since this mount is translucent. I really hope this is a bug and not intended design for one of the rarest mounts in game.

You've never noticed this before? Kilts/skirts/robes have done that since vanilla. As much as I'd like to see a fix, it can never work without completely overhauling the bottom half of all character models along with all mounts so that every mount matches up with every race perfectly. That's a lot of work for something like that.
04/27/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Worgenlefay
I'm always amazed at bugs that affect objects or actions that, at least on the surface, have nothing to do with implemented changes. Do you know what I mean? What did the patch change that resulted in bugged mount animation?

Not just that, the mount speed is bugged. On ground, I am going at the speed of a level 20... Crusader Aura doesn't work anymore, ground flyer animations are incredibly SLOW, which makes me feel like I am going even SLOWER than I already am, etc.

It took me 10 minutes to fly from BT to Dragonblight...

I tried disabling all of my addons, uninstalling them, rebooting WoW... nothing works.

I think it's time to pack up and play Diablo instead.
They changed all kind of weird things this patch.

WTF was wrong with Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending being blue?? Why fix what isn't even remotely broken? And, tbh, the blue looked better.

Then there are things like the horse animations which they broke in a whole new way. Horses used to have a natural animation, then they started being animated like the ones who wear skirts (which just looks terrible on one whose legs aren't covered), and now I guess they run like talbuks. Although, it does look better than the skirted animation.
Thank god, I logged in on my paladin, mounted up, and my eyes started hurting immediately :(
I honestly didn't even notice the change.
While you're at it, give all the horses the old Deathcharger animations. Those were seriously the best horse animations in the game - the ridiculous floppy-assed ones we have now just aren't cutting it.

At least give the Deathchargers their animations back. :( My Crimson Deathcharger hasn't been the same since 4.0.

Yeah, in the thread I linked a bit up it details the changes that happened. It took a whole expansion for the Deathchargers to be hit the same way the rest of the horses were in 3.0. It's sad. =((

Maybe though, one day, I'll log in after a patch and see my horsey running properly again..
They fixed the rams, and broke the horses, lol =)
I noticed this as soon as I mounted up. Glad that this is a bug and not intentional, though I am concerned about how long it will take to remedy. My charger and warhorse are my favorite mounts.

Rams and gryphons (running) also appear to be afflicted with the rocking animation. It looks particularly bad on the gryphon, since the gryphon's neck bulges towards your character's face as they lean forward.
04/27/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Lumén
I'm always amazed at bugs that affect objects or actions that, at least on the surface, have nothing to do with implemented changes. Do you know what I mean? What did the patch change that resulted in bugged mount animation?

Not just that, the mount speed is bugged. On ground, I am going at the speed of a level 20... Crusader Aura doesn't work anymore, ground flyer animations are incredibly SLOW, which makes me feel like I am going even SLOWER than I already am, etc.

It took me 10 minutes to fly from BT to Dragonblight...

I tried disabling all of my addons, uninstalling them, rebooting WoW... nothing works.

I think it's time to pack up and play Diablo instead.

People like you are the reason I feel sorry for Blizzard. You see everything as polygons when they have to look at millions of lines of code. Patching a server isn't like installing a copy of Limewire. There is always going to be a conflict in codes that have completely unpredictable effects on other parts of the game.

P.S. Go away and play Diablo. Nobody with a brain that reads these forums will miss you.
Well, personally all I can say is that since this wasn't intentional and that it was a bug, is that I'm glad it's just a bug.

Blizzard, before you try and update in-game physics, I suggest changing your engine. You're gonna lose a lot of people playing on older rigs, but it's better than zero physics or physics that look like tinker toys.

Personally I wouldn't be happy if I had to go and pay money to upgrade my rig to play the game (Already play the game on "Full HD" with no problems whatsoever), but I have to do it or not play the game. Quite honestly I'd rather play the game.
Well, personally all I can say is that since this wasn't intentional and that it was a bug, is that I'm glad it's just a bug.

Blizzard, before you try and update in-game physics, I suggest changing your engine. You're gonna lose a lot of people playing on older rigs, but it's better than zero physics or physics that look like tinker toys.

Personally I wouldn't be happy if I had to go and pay money to upgrade my rig to play the game (Already play the game on "Full HD" with no problems whatsoever), but I have to do it or not play the game. Quite honestly I'd rather play the game.

You can't just hotfix an engine. To change the engine they would have to redevelop the entire game from scratch which means we would once again be in the buggy era of Vanilla WoW. The colossal amount of bugs (and community whining) that would have to be dealt with would make the game nearly unplayable. They may as well just rename the game Titan if they did that.
04/27/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Kaivax
I log in today and notice that some of my favorite mounts (Forsaken Warhorses, Argent Warhorse, etc) now run identical to the way Talbuk's run. This running animation isn't natural and is the sole reason I never ride the Talbuk mounts.

The change in movement of the rider on some mounts is the result of a bug introduced with 4.1.

It will be fixed in a future patch.

Why is it this only gets attention when horses get the bug? Talbuks have had this since 4.0.3 PTRs.

I just want my Talbuk back =*(
I just switched to a hawkstrider on my lowbie Belf pally. Kinda blows not using the Warhorse, but better than looking at my toon have a fit while riding.

On a similar note... My Forsaken female rogue got the FoS and title for the rare camel in Uldum with 4.1. Yet they still haven't fixed the way the character sits on the mount all crammed up embedded in the front part of the saddle with its hands grabbing onto nothing instead of being seating further back a bit.

I'd rather not have to look at the whackness of my toon while mounted vs. having the title/FoS.

I'm sure the departments involved with fixing a character while mounted and those responsible for adding titles/FoS are seperate, but for my time and money I'd have put a priority on fixing these base problems before adding other features.
I thought this was fixed in the last patch, but I just fired up this DK for the first time in weeks...and his horse is still running like a rocking horse. Did it not get fixed?
05/22/2011 09:56 PMPosted by Mellvyn
I thought this was fixed in the last patch, but I just fired up this DK for the first time in weeks...and his horse is still running like a rocking horse. Did it not get fixed?

It was fixed for all mounts save the DK Deathcharger for some reason, there have been some posts in the bug forums but no response.
Thank you. Guess I'll just put this guy away for a while. Again...