portals in shattrath/dalaran?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
"And yeah, you guys can use them now too. Whatevs."

Set a bunch of hearths in Dalaran already thx.
04/27/2011 01:26 AMPosted by Bashiok

I will probably do the same to get the cooking dailies done. Bashiok, that reason holds no water against the reasons that have been stated against such portals. Players getting lost, did they somehow forget how to use their mounts? Which ever, its been done.

Well specifically for BC you could have played the entire expansion and still never purchased a flying mount, and if you timed it right you could have played all of Wrath and never purchased flying there either. That could be quite a bit of running, if you happened to even look up and know where you should be going to begin this whole Cata-whatever-it's-called.

We try to lessen or remove situations where someone logs in after a long time to maybe check out the game again, and sees there's some daunting task they need to begin before being able to really get back into playing.

One that still exists, at least for me, is bag clutter. I'll log into alts, look at my bags and bank, and be so overwhelmed I'll log out. Those types of situations are almost immediate stops to someone's desire to log back in or continue playing.

Anyway, to you or me, yeah it seems silly (how can they not know how to get back to Stormwind!?), to many past players though it's a legitimately helpful change to try to make it a smooth welcome-back experience.

And yeah, you guys can use them now too. Whatevs.

If you're overwhelmed with clutter in your bags...I'd be happy to take some of it off your hands.

*Starts playing with stuff in Bashiok's bags and crashes several servers*

*Turns world upside down*

Oh hey what does this thing with the red button do???

*presses button*

*Murlocwing is released into the world*

Oops...
If this is true I am so very, very pleased. With Wrath I had all alts in Dalaran, now that I haven't spent much time on these alts, they're stuck there. I don't want to pay for portals & my brother who is levelling a Mage isn't in Dalaran yet D;

I'm incredibly thankful for even just the one supposed portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Woohoo! I don't have to sit on the FP to get to Borean Tundra or Vengeance Landing, hop on a zeppelin & then travel to the Blasted Lands portal in a home city to get back to Outlands - only to forget where my hearth is set to & hearth back to Dalaran at the end of the day!
To little to late. I cancelled my account.

When they took out portals I quit doing content. All travel time and no play time.
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

Thank you. I was one of those people, I take frequent several month wow breaks. Trying to figure out how to move my bank toons.. etc was so frustrating when I came back from the last one. Took me forever. That is not "gameplay" it is just dumb and time wasting. Nice to see Bliz being practical about such things.
04/27/2011 12:48 AMPosted by Taxdodger
maybe they figured noone would notice, since noone is in either anymore.

Boy, did I notice. Went to go to the portal trainer in Shat, and . . . she's not there. I thought, "Oh, must have wrong nook." Ran completely around the building (past the portal) twice before I finally saw her. Then I saw the portal. "What's this? Cool, must be new."
04/27/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Alderis
The warchief's hearthstone was fine from the quest board. Or put a level restriction on the portals.

OMG! I just do NOT understand why anyone would be against something that so many players really love and want to use? If YOU don't like the portals then don't use them. It's as simple as that. SHEESH!!!!!

And WHY would you want to impose a level restriction??? They were removed them from summoning stones for convenience - why add them to a portal??
Again: YOU do not HAVE to use them!!

WHY would you force a limit on other players from travelling as they choose?
What makes YOU the decision maker as to how any others play the game?
Putting the portals back does not change ANYTHING about how YOU have to play, so WHY be against them for those that DO want them??

MANY other players don't like being stuck in orange Orgrimmar all the time watching you and hundreds of others strut your drake or yell rudely in chat. So let us CHOOSE to escape to the "adult" areas of Dalaran and Shatt and YOU stay in Org/SWC... like YOU want!

And when you travel, YOU go ahead and wait for the zeppelin and take the long flights over the same areas you've been. I'll go through the portal and enjoy my playing time while you are still watching the ground go by beneath you as you twiddle your thumbs.

Quit trying to impose YOUR playing style/preferences onto everyone else. It is not a one-size-fits-all game or environment!

THANK YOU AGAIN Blizzard for realizing some of us work long hours away from home in real life and don't want to waste our precious game time in travelling!
And THANK YOU for allowing those of us to have a CHOICE in escaping the crowded and juvenile environments of Org and SWC for beautiful and peaceful cities like Shatt or Dal!

OMG! I just do NOT understand why anyone would be against something that so many players really love and want to use? If YOU don't like the portals then don't use them. It's as simple as that. SHEESH!!!!!

And WHY would you want to impose a level restriction??? They were removed them from summoning stones for convenience - why add them to a portal??
Again: YOU do not HAVE to use them!!

WHY would you force a limit on other players from travelling as they choose?
What makes YOU the decision maker as to how any others play the game?
Putting the portals back does not change ANYTHING about how YOU have to play, so WHY be against them for those that DO want them??

MANY other players don't like being stuck in orange Orgrimmar all the time watching you and hundreds of others strut your drake or yell rudely in chat. So let us CHOOSE to escape to the "adult" areas of Dalaran and Shatt and YOU stay in Org/SWC... like YOU want!

And when you travel, YOU go ahead and wait for the zeppelin and take the long flights over the same areas you've been. I'll go through the portal and enjoy my playing time while you are still watching the ground go by beneath you as you twiddle your thumbs.

Quit trying to impose YOUR playing style/preferences onto everyone else. It is not a one-size-fits-all game or environment!

THANK YOU AGAIN Blizzard for realizing some of us work long hours away from home in real life and don't want to waste our precious game time in travelling!
And THANK YOU for allowing those of us to have a CHOICE in escaping the crowded and juvenile environments of Org and SWC for beautiful and peaceful cities like Shatt or Dal!
This post is elitist and completely awful, please don't post like this anymore.

Wrong. Elitist usually want to limit other players from having something.
I'm very happy about this, mainly because I'm one of those returning players who has been gone for about a year (think it's been that long), and my low level characters were camped out in Dal, which means that if there was no portal, their chances of ever getting out of there were practically impossible, unless I naked ran for hours and hours, constantly dying as I tried to get out of there. There's probably an easier way, but it's unknown to me.

By the way, really enjoy being back. It's always fun to come back and explore the world again. Especially a completely changed world.
04/28/2011 09:32 AMPosted by Valvak
This post is elitist and completely awful, please don't post like this anymore.

MY post is "elitist"?? LOL!

I am for giving players a CHOICE... more options... ease in travel... better gameplay experience.

YOU are for dictating how others are able to play - according to YOUR standards... and restricting selections.

You might want to look up that word's definition before you label someone else with it. ;-)
yay..now i can finish up the fishing and cooking over in Dal, then head back to org to do theirs....as well as continue to work on the Tourney as i work on other cata stuff.

options=good.
04/27/2011 01:03 AMPosted by Shandrie

Yes you..and all the others that QQ when Blizz makes a quality of life improvement in the game.

I don't call sitting in hub cites and never having to leave having anything to do with quality.

Not to mention you could do this before they gave the ports back to Shatt and Dal, people were QQing over nothing and yet they still added them back in.

Horde or Alliance you had it in your power to be at 3/4 major cities in under a minute and the 4th in under two. Two forms of instant transportation to Northrend on top of the boat/zeps and as far as OL goes there's a port to the Dark Portal in every city.

If you couldn't figure out how to take advantage of these forms of transportation that's your fault, all the portal QQ was needless.

...all this and he's still going to use the portals anyway. Soap box fail.
Thank god, I can actually level my pally now :D
I am a heavy AH user and can really appreciate the time saved by having these portals implemented again. Their use implies neither a lack of brass b...lls nor a dire need for hand coddling but, instead, a convenience that helps the game move faster for someone with limited game time. Thank you Blizzard.

Awesome, I don't why people hate quality of life so much.

Not all of us have hours and hours on end to watch the same old scenery the 500th time.
Portal not Portals.
portals ftw :P
I don't get it. Why would you want your 85's hearth to be in Dal or Shat? You're just going to take the port into Org or Stormwind. You are insane.