portals in shattrath/dalaran?

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

I am so glad... have you ever been a really low level priest who suddenly finds himself trapped in a floating city with no hope for home since he had set his lofty hearth? My choices were grim. I barely had 2 gold and nothing to eat... who would come to rescue me? WHO?

The days passed, and I realized all the towering spires and grandeur were nothing more than a gilded cage. Portal rates continued to climb from 5 to 10 gold. Not looking good there unless a kind heart were to gift me with a portal...

My imprisonment was not all bad... Occassionally, I would see more of the world by doing a battleground or instance... but it always led back to my prison... Repair bills were becoming a problem. On the bright side, the inns in Dalaran took pity on me and never charged me for my lengthy stay so I was not forced to preach or prostitute in the Underbelly for spare coppers.

In the end, friends of Bashiok, members of this strange <Developers> guild, apparently came to my rescue. Now the horrors of this Cattleclysm have been seen, and I have healing to do.
its all about instant gratification to some people a few mins seems like forever, i say remove all the portals in the game and make people travel as they do in the real world. its always gogogo quickquickquick, its becoming annoying. people need to slow down and enjoy the little things in life like taking the scenic route
I got around just fine without those portals on my alts, including this character, which didn't even exist until late Jan. or early Feb. of this year.

I'll continue to do so, even with them. In other words, who cares.

I worried that some of my alts would be trapped in Dalaran, but fortunately, the ones I've logged onto have been magically transported to a home city.... go magic! lol

My biggest gripe about portals is being stuck with Orgrimmar/Stormwind as your only jumping-off point to the Cataclysm areas... really, I can't stand New Orgrimmar and all it's 85s sitting around complaining and taunting each other...I didn't like Old Orgrimmar either; same reason. Or should I say Lagrimmar. Anyway, portals in every city, ftw, so I can go back home to Thunder Bluff, where I belong...
@Shandrie Why the *!#@ does it matter if they ARE there? They're helpful, and clutter anything, so what the hell is the complaint?
Did they put a portal from Org/Stormwind to Dal? To me this is the most annoying aspect of the portal removal. I've got many other ways to get myself back to the old world from Outland/Northred but getting to Northrend is a pain in the butt. Getting to Outland is fine because there's the Blasted Lands portal, but having to wait for a zepplin or boat is annoying, especially if one just departed.
Because they are about as busy as a rural county road in the middle of winter.........lol
A portal to Dalaran from SW or Org would be welcome.
I have to agree, if blizzard wishes to prevent dalaran from going the way of shattrath, they need to continue to create more reasons for us to wish to go there, beyond just brutal.
04/27/2011 06:34 AMPosted by Ramkir
Yay, now getting my alts back to ORG for Cata will be even easier.

Come on, like taking the zeppelin back was sooooo hard.

Taking it From Dalaran?
Blizz changed there mind regardless of the reason, so lets just all move on and enjoy the game, I couldn't care less wether Shatt and Dal had portals.

I'm sure the Portals are benificial to thoughs that were gone along time and thoughs who were stuck, even benificial to 90 percent of the player base(minus the Mages), but adding these portals does not hurt anyone, so no Idea what the complaint is, also read my first line for referance on why it doesn't matter, we all change our minds for whatever reason and these portals hurt none.
It was very usefull this week when having to hop to/fro with an orphan, Blizz gets a thumbs up from me.
Yeah, it helped a bit with the orphan stuff. I wish they had put the portals in about a month ago. I logged on my level 19 dwarf rogue who was still in dalaran from a year or so ago. None of the mages online would come to dalaran and teleport me to stormwind. So, I had to make a death run from dalaran to borean tundra to hop on the boat to stormwind. It was miserable... I probably could have deleted the character and remade it in the time it took to finally get back to stormwind. lol
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

I Ruv U
I only saw one portal in Dal, the one To SW
I'm glad there is portals to SW/Org now from Northrend/Outlands.

I find it quite annoying that I would have to hearth back to SW or go to Shattrath just to train.

Also, this makes the Outlands/Northrend Cooking/Fishing dailies easier to complete now without having to travel 5-10 minutes just to get there and pick the up.

And while you think that isn't much time at all (which it isn't), it will wear you out if you do this.....EVERY......SINGLE.....DAY.

Anything to make it easier is always welcome.

I appreciate that, Blizzard.