Pet Rezzing: Long LONG overdue fix needed

Hunter
Warlocks, Mages, DKs....they all use pets. Pets that are arguably as good if not better than hunter pets. If they let them die, they all have instant cast spells to bring them back out. Mages and Warlocks in particular also have just as good if not better self healing of their pets than hunters (hunter pet-heal has to tick and can be dispelled).

Hunters have...a 10 second casted rez. Let me repeat that. a TEN SECOND REZ. Even CC perfectly and ice trap someone behind a pillar, they can still get out of it, and interrupt me before I can finish my rez. Not to mention the pet rezzing with next to no health and getting one shot by AoE for my effort.

There's nothing else to say. Stupid mechanic for the ultimate "pet class" of the game.
DKs, and Mages have a CD on the pet summon.
DK and Mage pets also have no difference in them, a water elemental is the same as any other water elemental and they have no choice as to what the pet can do, same goes with the ghouls. Mages and DKs only get the "permanent" pets if they spec into 1 tree out of 3.

Warlocks can get a immediate pet summon because they don't have that many different mechanics and actually have to use a shard to summon it, a shard which could be used instead for dps purposes.

Warlock, DK, and Mage pets all actually do a considerable amount of the overall dps of that class/spec and because of that, kind of need the pet more than a hunter does, because the hunter can put out more dps by themselves if no pets are used. Hunter pets are more used for the abilities instead of the dps.

If your pet is getting so focused that the mend pet is either getting blown through, or dispelled, or both, then you can always just dismiss pet for a little bit, and summon the pet back, or a different pet if you so desire, and after the couple of seconds it takes for the pet to get it's max health whenever it is summoned, then it will be back to full health... The other classes that can summon "permanent" pets can't just dismiss their pets and summon them back instantly and at no cost (including CDs on the pet summons)...

Different mechanics are different, if you want the pet mechanics of another class, go play that class...
The cast time of our pet rez is not really a problem, IMO. What is a problem, and has been for some time, is the noticeable delay from the time our pets are rezzed and when then health jumps up to its full level 85 value. Pets rezzed with 6.5K health are pretty much worm food, unless you're out of combat.
My rule is: if my pet dies, run the heck out of there and find a safe corner to rez my pet.

Although, I believe if your pet is dead for a few seconds it will count as if it wasn't there so you can call a different pet, or am I mistaken? That's what happens for me.
My rule is: if my pet dies, run the heck out of there and find a safe corner to rez my pet.

Although, I believe if your pet is dead for a few seconds it will count as if it wasn't there so you can call a different pet, or am I mistaken? That's what happens for me.

You are obviously bugging out, or just haven't tried that... Pet's aren't supposed to be able to be dismissed if they are already dead. You are supposed to have to rez the pet, dismiss it, then call out a different one.

However, there are times that say your pet dies, and then you die, and run back into the instance that you died in (not a BG or TolBarad rez bcs it brings your pet back with you, and arena resets the pets to what they were like before the arena match) then you are able to sometimes summon a different pet while the other one stays dead and not summoned by you and you will get an error when you try to summon the pet next and will need to rez it before you can dismiss it and summon a diff pet.

04/21/2011 11:01 PMPosted by Nortalud
The cast time of our pet rez is not really a problem, IMO. What is a problem, and has been for some time, is the noticeable delay from the time our pets are rezzed and when then health jumps up to its full level 85 value. Pets rezzed with 6.5K health are pretty much worm food, unless you're out of combat.

Pets are originally summoned with the base health value of the individual pet (this includes when you dismount also) and it takes the server a little bit to recognize the type of pet + the talents that it has + talents that you might have + the gear that you have on. After it recognizes all of these things, and calculates them correctly and fixes them, bringing them up to the calculated stats. This also includes the pet attack if I am not mistaken, the pet will hit like a wet noodle and really slowly before the stats are calculated.

This is also a problem with warlock demons, this is done mainly because the type of pet/talents/gear and such can change pretty frequently, so the server calculates them when the pet is summoned/comes out when you dismount so it doesn't confuse stats of one pet with another and such things like that.

I believe I also heard somewhere that it is going to stay until Blizzard can get to that point on their extremely long list of fixes within the game and find a way to make sure that mounting and healing the pet up to full/dismissing and re-summoning pet doesn't immediately heal the pet and get exploited. The main part of that being the exploited part. This "bug" has been in game for years, and doesn't really have that easy of a fix.
I kill your pets, and I get a free Victory Rush =D
04/21/2011 11:53 PMPosted by Renesance
I kill your pets, and I get a free Victory Rush =D

That pisses me off more in pvp than my pet dying. lol. That the warrior can heal him/herself up after the pet dies, or when rogues/kitteh druids use their combo points on the pet to heal themselves. XD Doesn't happen that often to me, but it's frustrating as heck when it does happen. :P
yep if a Rouge or Warrior gets on your pet dismiss ASAP lol
[quote]My rule is: if my pet dies, run the heck out of there and find a safe corner to rez my pet.

Pets are originally summoned with the base health value of the individual pet (this includes when you dismount also) and it takes the server a little bit to recognize the type of pet + the talents that it has + talents that you might have + the gear that you have on. After it recognizes all of these things, and calculates them correctly and fixes them, bringing them up to the calculated stats. This also includes the pet attack if I am not mistaken, the pet will hit like a wet noodle and really slowly before the stats are calculated.

If this is the case then why not give our pets a 3 second invulnerability or something along those lines? It just doesn't make sense to dismount with a pet at 2% health. I really can't understand how this problem hasn't already been fixed and is seemingly being defended as justifiable.

If this is the case then why not give our pets a 3 second invulnerability or something along those lines? It just doesn't make sense to dismount with a pet at 2% health. I really can't understand how this problem hasn't already been fixed and is seemingly being defended as justifiable.

I'm only justifying it because fixing things like this is much easier said than done, many players have come onto the forums before giving ideas for a "fix" to it, but they are either extremely hard to implement, or are just downright stupid... or both...

Thing with your idea is that, it would make the server delay the calculations on the pet's health and such just so that it could give it some kind of pally bubble. Not to mention, it would most likely be exploited in some way or another.

The only suggestion that I might have to consider as a valid one would have to be make it so that pets don't dissapear when you dismount like is done in arenas. Problem with that though is the possible coding errors of bringing out the one specific arena rule out into every single other instance that you can mount up in, not to mention that rule only pertains to ground mounts, and the problem would still be there with the flying mounts and dismounting unless they took the extra time to somehow incorporate whether a pet flies alongside us when on our mounts (which would be awesome) or ride on the back of the flying mount somehow.

These things are very hard to impliment/fix. It's just like the mage blink backwards or to the same spot sometimes on some terrain (like when on a rock or a bridge) problem has been around I think for about the same amount of time that the pet health issue has been.

I'm only justifying it because fixing things like this is much easier said than done, many players have come onto the forums before giving ideas for a "fix" to it, but they are either extremely hard to implement, or are just downright stupid... or both...

Thing with your idea is that, it would make the server delay the calculations on the pet's health and such just so that it could give it some kind of pally bubble. Not to mention, it would most likely be exploited in some way or another.

The only suggestion that I might have to consider as a valid one would have to be make it so that pets don't dissapear when you dismount like is done in arenas. Problem with that though is the possible coding errors of bringing out the one specific arena rule out into every single other instance that you can mount up in, not to mention that rule only pertains to ground mounts, and the problem would still be there with the flying mounts and dismounting unless they took the extra time to somehow incorporate whether a pet flies alongside us when on our mounts (which would be awesome) or ride on the back of the flying mount somehow.

These things are very hard to impliment/fix. It's just like the mage blink backwards or to the same spot sometimes on some terrain (like when on a rock or a bridge) problem has been around I think for about the same amount of time that the pet health issue has been.

They gave rogues a 3second inability to have stealth broken while vanish is active. If they can do that, they can easily fix hunter pets with a temporary invulnerability, and can fix trap resists by changing their spell school to holy thus removing them from resistance tables. The fixes are easy, and are basic coding tasks similar to what you'd find on a 2year college program's final exam.

They gave rogues a 3second inability to have stealth broken while vanish is active. If they can do that, they can easily fix hunter pets with a temporary invulnerability, and can fix trap resists by changing their spell school to holy thus removing them from resistance tables. The fixes are easy, and are basic coding tasks similar to what you'd find on a 2year college program's final exam.

It is not really that easy. Like I said, the 3 second immunity could be very much exploited. Also giving the pet the ability might give the chance for it to bug and just give hunter pets complete immunity for longer than they should, not to mention that it might screw up some of the calculations that go on already to determine the attributes of the pet and they would have to do this to every single model and pet type...

The thing with the traps is that they want/need to have hunter traps scale with the hunters stats when they fix the resists. Also, if they changed it to holy, they would need to change sooooooooooo much more code just so that the hunter traps can be effected by the same Diminishing returns, and also they need to have some of the actual dmg be resisted if the opponent has some resistance to that type of magic that the trap is under and the hunter doesn't have the spell pen to counter the resistance.

These fixes aren't that easy, and need to be implemented in the correct way. It might also be a problem with the coding that they have now and the way that it would need to be changed. Do not make light of the programming and thought that goes into these things, Blizzard has tons of people on their different teams so they can fix things that are on as large of a scale that WoW is by now.

I am sorry if you do not understand how hard these things may be, and if you are not having a good time in game because of these issues. These things have to be implemented in the correct way so as to not cause even more problems, or change the game play drastically at this point in an expansion.
DKs, and Mages have a CD on the pet summon.
DK and Mage pets also have no difference in them, a water elemental is the same as any other water elemental and they have no choice as to what the pet can do, same goes with the ghouls. Mages and DKs only get the "permanent" pets if they spec into 1 tree out of 3.

Terrible comparison. The CD on both those pets is off cooldown when the pet eventually dies, and they get an instant resummon. If your pet is dying more than once every few minutes, you're doing it wrong.

Warlocks can get a immediate pet summon because they don't have that many different mechanics and actually have to use a shard to summon it, a shard which could be used instead for dps purposes.

My suggestion would be to have hunters get an instant pet rez that costs 100 focus, so we have to stop damage and pool focus before we can get our pet back out.

As for the warlock comparison, using your shard to rez your pet isn't even required as non-Demo locks can spec into Demonic Rebirth. Aside from that, even if they opt out of that, like most do, and go for Demo. Aegis, they always have a short channeled soul harvest where they replenish all of their shards (or at least 1 before being interrupted) as well as potentially healing themselves for 45% of their maximum hp. Warlocks sacrifice NOTHING for a pet BRez.

Warlock, DK, and Mage pets all actually do a considerable amount of the overall dps of that class/spec and because of that, kind of need the pet more than a hunter does, because the hunter can put out more dps by themselves if no pets are used. Hunter pets are more used for the abilities instead of the dps.

Locks, DKs and Mages need their pets more than hunters? I am really having trouble taking you seriously, and feel you are posting on this alt hunter of yours to try and gain credibility, while avoiding having other bad hunters nerdrage at you for not playing the class.

Hunters require their pet to CC, peel, kite, absorb damage, freedom themselves, deal damage, keep targets in combat. Without them, hunters are a free kill to any other class in the game played with marginal competence.

DKs on the other hand, unless they are Unholy are fine without a pet, as is blood. Mages do not use a pet unless specced frost. Hunters of any spec rely heavily on synergy between pet and player. The only other true pet class is a warlock, and Blizzard has them covered in multiple ways make sure their pet partner is up and running.

If your pet is getting so focused that the mend pet is either getting blown through, or dispelled, or both, then you can always just dismiss pet for a little bit, and summon the pet back, or a different pet if you so desire, and after the couple of seconds it takes for the pet to get it's max health whenever it is summoned, then it will be back to full health... The other classes that can summon "permanent" pets can't just dismiss their pets and summon them back instantly and at no cost (including CDs on the pet summons)...

All classes can dismiss their pet if its being tunneled, but since the other classes have nothing to lose if it dies, they have no need to do that. A warlock would have to resummon the pet if dismissed anyway, so its better to let it die and just burn a new one. A mage or DK will be using that short summon CD either way, so no need to.

A hunter on the other hand is screwed if his pet dies and HAS to dismiss it, because he won't be getting it back out if he doesn't. Your example is terrible, and only serves to further prove my point, that the other classes that use pets have it easier, and much less to worry about micro-managing.

Different mechanics are different, if you want the pet mechanics of another class, go play that class...

Different mechanics indeed. Good mechanics vs hunters bad mechanics. There is no arguing that we have an advantage in some way that the other classes don't due to our "mechanics." They have everything we have and more.

It is not really that easy. Like I said, the 3 second immunity could be very much exploited. Also giving the pet the ability might give the chance for it to bug and just give hunter pets complete immunity for longer than they should, not to mention that it might screw up some of the calculations that go on already to determine the attributes of the pet and they would have to do this to every single model and pet type...

I am not sure how that could be exploited, but then again I'm not one to look for exploits. I will say though, that they originally didn't give rogues their invulnerability to stealth breaking fix, because they felt it would be exploited in both PvE and PvP. Looks like they changed their minds on that. Now I have rogues with both chimera and druid bleeds on him, vanishing and getting a nice healthy re-opener on me via cheap-shot while I'm standing in a flare. Talk about exploiting and lowering the skill-cap of a class.

The thing with the traps is that they want/need to have hunter traps scale with the hunters stats when they fix the resists. Also, if they changed it to holy, they would need to change sooooooooooo much more code just so that the hunter traps can be effected by the same Diminishing returns, and also they need to have some of the actual dmg be resisted if the opponent has some resistance to that type of magic that the trap is under and the hunter doesn't have the spell pen to counter the resistance.

It wouldn't be a lot of code to change. It would be changing the school of the ice/freezing traps. I wasn't even talking about the fire traps, but honestly the damage on both of those has scaled so badly, still doing the same damage they did at level 80.

I don't know where you're coming from with this talk of diminishing returns not working properly. They would still share a DR with the same CC's they share with now. The spell school of the spell wouldn't change that. Hex isn't a frost ability last time I checked, and they DR with each other just fine.

These fixes aren't that easy, and need to be implemented in the correct way. It might also be a problem with the coding that they have now and the way that it would need to be changed. Do not make light of the programming and thought that goes into these things, Blizzard has tons of people on their different teams so they can fix things that are on as large of a scale that WoW is by now.

I am sorry if you do not understand how hard these things may be, and if you are not having a good time in game because of these issues. These things have to be implemented in the correct way so as to not cause even more problems, or change the game play drastically at this point in an expansion.

Are you a computer programmer? I have quite a few in my family, and have taken a number of classes on the subject to at least feel I have a cursory understanding of the matter. You are giving Blizzard way too much credit, and don't want to acknowledge that they are just too busy trying to tune the current raids down a notch so people can gear up for the upcoming 4.2 launch, and are more focused on giving warlocks female pet models than fixing the litany of bugs that have been in the game for 3-6 years now.
Guess this one just gets swept back under the rug then.

Funny how serious issues like this are disregarded for so long.

That's because they know serious, dedicated players will put up with it...as opposed to noobs that require kindergarden tooltips and built in quest helper along with the absence of hybrid specs.
I would like to see hunters get something similar to army.
04/22/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Samedie
I would like to see hunters get something similar to army.

that's ridiculous