Bought gametime with WoW gold.

Customer Support
I bought 2 months of gametime for like 10k a few days ago and everything was fine. My acc expired 2 months from tomorrow. Now it says my acc expires tomorrow.
How did they do that?.. i knew it was sketchy actually finding people who did it legit but my buddy refered me haha and were IRL friends. I just wanna know how this guy did that kudos there.
Buying game time with in-game gold is a major no-no.

04/22/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn
just wanna know how this guy did that kudos there.

The guy likely used a stolen credit card and when the legitimate card owner issued a chargeback, Blizzard took away the game time.

You cannot purchase gametime for in-game gold.
WoW so he went above and beyond the call of being a criminal. Stolen credit card? Cant blizz IP trace him and perma ban him IRL?
04/22/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn
WoW so he went above and beyond the call of being a criminal. Stolen credit card? Cant blizz IP trace him and perma ban him IRL?

There scams are usually perpetrated by players on compromised accounts accessed outside of the borders of the US.
04/22/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn
i knew it was sketchy actually finding people who did it legit

Actually, there is NO legit way to find such people as there is NO legit way to buy game time (a real world item) for gold (an in-game item). That's a violation of the Terms of Use.

It's also a Scam run by gold-sellers who quite happily gave you a code bought with a credit card one of their customer's used, knowing it would be challenged as fraud at some point, and then went off and sold the gold you handed over to some new sucker using a credit card. Pretty little vicious cycle they have going there.
04/22/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn

You're playing down the significance of this. You were an accessory in credit card fraud. While Blizzard would love nothing more than to reclaim their money from them, do you seriously think it likely they used their real contact information?

And in the meantime? You've contributed to gold-selling, account compromises, and ruining someone's credit rating.

Next time, just buy a subscription or time card with real money from a retail vendor.
they can also ban you for buying stuff in game for gold. soooooo careful

take a gander at the terms of use, Shøwdøwn, in case there are doubts. you cant spend gold on RL things and vice versa
yeah that is vicious.
04/22/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Danvers

You're playing down the significance of this. You were an accessory in credit card fraud. While Blizzard would love nothing more than to reclaim their money from them, do you seriously think it likely they used their real contact information?

And in the meantime? You've contributed to gold-selling, account compromises, and ruining someone's credit rating.

Next time, just buy a subscription or time card with real money from a retail vendor.

So when you buy your girlfriend fionce.. wife.. whatever hopefully you get there at some point in your life. You buy her a diamond ring or any diamonds right? You think all those diamonds are legit? Ever see the movie blood diamond?
Anyways off topic. Thanks for the info and advice everyone. Def not doing that again.

So when you buy your girlfriend fionce.. wife.. whatever hopefully you get there at some point in your life. You buy her a diamond ring or any diamonds right? You think all those diamonds are legit? Ever see the movie blood diamond?

Fortunately, I've yet to date a woman who'd *accept* such dubious gifts, much less want them in the first place.

I'm not saying it's easy to avoid such in life, just that convenience isn't a reason to indulge.
Anyways off topic. Thanks for the info and advice everyone. Def not doing that again.

This isn't a good analogy. One would hope that when you're buying a diamond ring you're buying it from a Jewelry Store. Jewelry Stores get their diamonds from reputable sources (origins of the diamond and politics aside).

Buying WoW game time for gold is like buying that Diamond on the street late at night when a guy dressed in shabby clothes comes up and asks "Want to buy this stolen diamond?"
Wichasha i really hope you dont mean that. If you do you're very illiterate in politics. When you've seen what ive seen overseas and such your views change. Everything in life is about money. Do you really think Jared or Zales cares where there diamonds come from? Just like do you think this guy who stole this credit card cares? $$ is everything.

/end forum before it gets out of hand.
Wichasha i really hope you dont mean that. If you do you're very illiterate in politics. When you've seen what ive seen overseas and such your views change. Everything in life is about money. Do you really think Jared or Zales cares where there diamonds come from? Just like do you think this guy who stole this credit card cares? $$ is everything.

I don't think the diamonds have been stolen though. That's the point.

You knew what I meant and it wasn't an absolution of the way Diamond mines are run in other countries. Try not to obfuscate the point with the peripherals.
04/22/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn
Wichasha i really hope you dont mean that. If you do you're very illiterate in politics. When you've seen what ive seen overseas and such your views change. Everything in life is about money. Do you really think Jared or Zales cares where there diamonds come from? Just like do you think this guy who stole this credit card cares? $$ is everything

Like Wich said, politics has nothing to do with it. You are buying a diamond from a legitimate store. There's nothing to fear, regardless of what happened 10-12 steps prior in the process.

The transaction between you and the store is legit. The transaction you participated in is not legit.
04/22/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Shøwdøwn
Thanks for the info and advice everyone. Def not doing that again.

Good to hear. >^.^< I'm glad that you have learned from the experience.

You may also want to check out this article. It's definitely related to the situation at hand, as this is but one of many scams gold sellers and account compromisers use to fuel their business.

Gold Buying & Power-Leveling
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25455

And just to add - let's not get off-topic folks. It's not serving a constructive purpose to this thread.
04/22/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Eilethalua
i knew it was sketchy actually finding people who did it legit

Actually, there is NO legit way to find such people as there is NO legit way to buy game time (a real world item) for gold (an in-game item). That's a violation of the Terms of Use.

It's also a Scam run by gold-sellers who quite happily gave you a code bought with a credit card one of their customer's used, knowing it would be challenged as fraud at some point, and then went off and sold the gold you handed over to some new sucker using a credit card. Pretty little vicious cycle they have going there.
Only an idiot would believe these scammers.