bindstobattle.net account

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
so the boa's now say that, so how does it work to send these items to different realms?
You can't do that yet.

Bind to Battle.net Account means that you may send them from one Bnet merged WoW account to another WoW account under the same Bnet account.
04/26/2011 01:01 PMPosted by Bennhuur
You can't do that yet.

and how do you know this please give us a link.

Because it's a change affecting heirlooms, not a change affecting mail. They don't normally put what they're NOT doing in the patch notes.

Go ahead and try it though... xD
You can send BoA to other realms.

Put all your heirlooms on one character.

Go into account management, pay for a server transfer of the toon that is holding the BoAs and have that character sent to whatever destination ream you wanted the BoAs on.

Ta-daa, you have server transferred BoA items.

Go into account management, pay for a server transfer of the toon that is holding the BoAs and have that character sent to whatever destination ream you wanted the BoAs on.

Ha ha.

That's not exactly what they meant, oh ye sarcastic one.
Apparently reading is hard for the OP. Not only did he completely miss the fact that nothing in the notes say that you can send BoBNet account items across server any more than you could regular BoA items but he also missed the dozens of other threads that are already on these boards.
Meh like OP I thought you could send across servers. The status "account bound" should mean you can, technically they are "realm bound". I was excited and waited starting new characters because i thought that is what it would be.

Ha ha.

That's not exactly what they meant, oh ye sarcastic one.

Perhaps, but they did not specify. And i gave them the only way that you can currently end BoAs to another realm.

I might have given that answer due to the over abundance of threads on the same topic today.
04/26/2011 01:05 PMPosted by Lianen
Meh like OP I thought you could send across servers. The status "account bound" should mean you can, technically they are "realm bound". I was excited and waited starting new characters because i thought that is what it would be.

Bind to Account is just the limitation for the item. Much like Bind to equip means it can not be traded once it has been equipped or Bind on Pickup means it can not be traded once picked up, bind to account simply means it can not be traded to another account.

nothing is technically bound to a single realm. If you can equip it or put it in your bags, it can be transferred to another server.

This thread again.
The change in 4.1 allows the item to be sent to another character, on the same realm, on another account, that's contained within the same Battle.net account. So if you have two WoW accounts on the same Battle.net account, you can now send items between accounts to characters that exist on the same realm (including cross faction).

It's admittedly pretty limiting. We still want BoA items to truly be BoA, it's just something that will take quite a bit more development time and technical hurdles to overcome. This is one step in the right direction, though.
04/26/2011 01:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
We still want BoA items to truly be BoA,
You mean this in the "Available to every character the player creates" sense, right? ^_^
Technical hurdles....isn't that an Olympic sport?
The change in 4.1 allows the item to be sent to another character, on the same realm, on another account, that's contained within the same Battle.net account. So if you have two WoW accounts on the same Battle.net account, you can now send items between accounts to characters that exist on the same realm (including cross faction).

It's admittedly pretty limiting. We still want BoA items to truly be BoA, it's just something that will take quite a bit more development time and technical hurdles to overcome. This is one step in the right direction, though.
It's broken for me and many other folks. I tried sending heirlooms to toons on my other battle.net linked account on the same server as this toon. It said "account bound items can only be sent to your own characters".
I am getting the same response when trying to send to my other account.