Blizz Job Salary

General Discussion
I know its kinda rude but i cant find it anywhere on the internet so i think this is the place to ask this particular question.

How much does a Blizzard ( world of warcraft specifically) employee make in a year or hourly?
Specifically Quest Designers and Lead Quest Designers.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure but I think they get paid in game time cards and cookies.
The make between a bajillion and a gazillion dollars, they also get their own swimming pool to put their money.
04/28/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Murianna
they also get their own swimming pool to put their money.

I heard that too! I also heard it doesn't have a shallow end - it's like 10 foot deep.
the one I know was able to buy a house in Socal >.> and he said they have great healthcare.
ok guessing noone know or no one is willing to share
Thank you Matanza your comment is the most helpfull and the farthest ill get on this topic i guess
That's not information that's generally posted. Not to mention the range that it would exist due to someone coming in making a different amount than someone who has been there for years.
How much does a Blizzard ( world of warcraft specifically) employee make in a year or hourly?

How does their hourly/yearly wage effect you in any way?

Not a very appropriate question to even ask your friends and or relatives imo. No ones business, but their own and their spouse/partner.
Blizz will not disclose salary information. It's none of your business.
Any individual working there is free to tell anyone what he (or she) makes, but that's an individual personal choice.

If you want to work there and you submit an application, and they call you for an interview, at that time your potential salary can be discussed.

How does their hourly/yearly wage effect you in any way?

Not a very appropriate question to even ask your friends and or relatives imo. No ones business, but their own and their spouse/partner.

He's probably asking so he can say "Pay them less! Put more money into the game!" or something.
04/28/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Lyráná
Thank you Matanza your comment is the most helpfull and the farthest ill get on this topic i guess

They are not going to give out these details to the general public. This opens up a bunch of issues for Blizzard if they did. So no you will not be told.
im just asking cause im considering working there in the future but i can not summit an application let alone work just yet.Well thank you ppl who posted helpfull comments yes im not forcing anyone to say wht blizz pays im just asking if anyone knows
04/28/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Lyráná
im just asking cause im considering working there in the future but i can not summit an application let alone work just yet.Well thank you ppl who posted helpfull comments yes im not forcing anyone to say wht blizz pays im just asking if anyone knows

Salary is discussed at the time of an interview, not in a game forum.
04/28/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Lyráná

In all seriousness - I couldn't begin to guess. Taking into consideration the experience/education it would require to do those jobs, I'm sure they make a fair wage. Keep in mind while a wage in California may seem high, it is adjust for cost of living, etc. 60K a year in Cali would probably be 40K a year in North Carolina for example.

I'd hate to guess so I'll just continue to believe they get paid in Game Time cards and cookies (with milk as a bonus).
Your question is excessively vague; it all depends on specific job title, years of experience, etc.

YOU, as an applicant, with no experience, perhaps fresh out of school, could expect to start at the bottom of their pay scale, whatever that is.

But seriously, pay ranges for specific functions can be found easily on Google, so that does not bode well for your computer skills...

04/28/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Lyráná

if you are applying in the future why does it matter now? Starting salaries are adjusted and changed all the time. So the starting salary now at this current point in time may not be the starting salary when you graduate what I am assuming is high school based on this quote and your original post and add another 4 years onto that after you graduate college.
Having consulted for a developer and a software company that produces a game engine that is used in several MMO's I can tell you that salary is all over the place. A new programmer or artist working at a development house may make only 35k a year; a rock star in the industry may pull down 250k or more plus bonuses.

I know folks in the industry who live in low rent apartments and folks who live in multi-million dollar homes, but experience does not always equal a good salary....there are developers, artist and programmers who are literally gods at their craft who just eek by, and there are sycophantic yes people who have zero experience in the industry yet still land a Titled position with an ungodly salary.

I will say this about Blizzard, they have the most stringent hiring process in the industry; it's harder to get a job as a GM at Blizzard than it is a lead developers position most anywhere else.