In-realm pugs only?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
While I agree, this could be a good change, I would have preferred an option instead.

I can see a lot of server drama coming, with people getting fail groups from their own server. Opens up harassment issues.

welcome to the internet.
While I agree, this could be a good change, I would have preferred an option instead.

I can see a lot of server drama coming, with people getting fail groups from their own server. Opens up harassment issues.

welcome to the internet.

Great argument there.

Yes, 'the internet" is full of retards and jackholes, but something that could possibly facilitate such behavior needs to be evaluated.
Sweet! I like this!
Yes, 'the internet" is full of retards and jackholes, but something that could possibly facilitate such behavior needs to be evaluated.
chances are if your getting flak thrown your way you probably deserve it, who complains about players who play their role correctly? no one

great change
04/29/2011 03:02 PMPosted by Chemise
chances are if your getting flak thrown your way you probably deserve it, who complains about players who play their role correctly? no one

great change

Again, its not about whether they deserve it or not. it's about the fallout AFTER the dungeon is done.
The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

Hurray!
04/29/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Arcanzo

great change

Again, its not about whether they deserve it or not. it's about the fallout AFTER the dungeon is done.

Seriously. Maybe it makes me a bad person but I don't care about calling out anonymous people I will never interact with again if they are terrible. However, doing that on your own server gets you a bad rep *even if it is completely true and they have no business being in that instance.* Even if I just leave a server group from LFD, people whisper after asking why. I can lie or I can be honest and get in trouble. I have no interest in that.

If I get random bad players I want to at least have the freedom of telling them to suck less. In the end, telling them to suck less does them more of a service than lying and saying they are doing well. At least then they have heard they need to fix something.

Great argument there.

As if Trade chat didn't do that already?

Great argument there.

As if Trade chat didn't do that already?

My point, indeed. This is just has the potential to add more fuel.
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Thank you so much! Much appreciated!

Also,

04/29/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Leslii
So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

Well that's embarrassing.

"Nah, James, we're just hanging out. No, we wouldn't go run LFD without you, don't worry. Yeah, you should probably solo queue, I mean we're not really up for a random right n-

...aw, crap."

I lol'd.
To those of you who can't stand your realm: Why are you still on that realm and playing World of Warcraft? If you really don't want to form relationships in this game, what does it give you?
04/29/2011 03:30 PMPosted by Serrif
To those of you who can't stand your realm: Why are you still on that realm and playing World of Warcraft? If you really don't want to form relationships in this game, what does it give you?

I can't have fun playing solo? I can't have fun doing dungeons/raids because I don't know everyone's favorite color?
There is an option if you don't like grouping with people from your realm. Its called /ignore

The system doesn't ALWAYS put you with people from your realm, it just tries to do that first!

Just don't be a jackass while you're in a group and play your character to the best of your abilities. If you run across someone who's not good, put them on ignore and drop group or votekick. Or you can spend the time to try and educate them.

There are plenty of options available. I, for one, like this new feature, because it does create more of a sense of community and player responsibility on your own server.
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Fantastic change! Thank you Blizzard!
M

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. There are some servers out there that are simply choc full of kids I can't stand, and I used to work in a juvenile sex offender rehab program.
It might be cool to have a few dials people can turn, such as "prefer own server: yes/no/off" I think the most recent Halo had something similar with a psych profile: "chatty/quiet/off" option. That one would be useful here, too.

It could make queue times a little slower in the short term, which is something we're trying to avoid, but if people are happier with the groups they get when they get them it may make them more likely to stay with those groups, thus making the overall situation less painful.

I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work in attempting to keep us informed by documenting changes and making the information available. I know it's a constant battle, and it's genuinely helpful. So, thank you.
04/29/2011 03:30 PMPosted by Serrif

I don't need to be friends with every moron on my realm and there are many of them. I swear 90% of the people on my server seem to be either half brain dead or fully retarded.

My guild is the only thing that keeps me here and once the guild transfer service is available you better bet your ass I'm leaving this horrid place.
I am begining to wonder if it is even worth it anymore to read the patch notes...