Authenticator field gone?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
So i noticed after the patch that when you're in the login screen the little authenticator Field is gone. is this a bug or something? i was really easy to just hit tab and punch in my numbers...now im not complaining i dont mind having to go to the other screen but i really liked the field :P ty :D
It's a known bug from what I've read. No immediate info on when it'll be resolved.

Edit: See below---the information I had read is apparently not correct.
04/28/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Crepe
It's a known bug from what I've read. No immediate info on when it'll be resolved.

Not a bug...

The change is intentional. That's how it's going work now, the authenticator field if you use one will be displayed on the next page after entering your password.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416197231#3
D'= well thanks :(
The authenticator prompt is indeed no longer on the main login screen, and this was an intentional change to prepare for future authentication functionality. Rest assured your account is still protected.
04/28/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Bashiok
The authenticator prompt is indeed no longer on the main login screen, and this was an intentional change to prepare for future authentication functionality. Rest assured your account is still protected.

Let me personally say I dislike the new method. I hope this functionality is worth it.
Let me personally say I dislike the new method. I hope this functionality is worth it.
Is it really so hard to log in normally, then have the authenticator window pop up...?
04/28/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Defiasbandït
Is it really so hard to log in normally, then have the authenticator window pop up...?

Look 5 secs longer to log in means one less anal comment in trade chat.. the whole community looses out..
04/28/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Defiasbandït

Its not harder, but I like putting both in at once. I await the new functionality though.
04/28/2011 08:00 PMPosted by Suntamer

Look 5 secs longer to log in means one less anal comment in trade chat.. the whole community looses out..

That and one more sub-window to open is one more place for the client to freeze/mess up/crash/etc.

Is it a big problem? No. I'm just not a fan.
I keep tabbing and over-writing my e-mail with my authenticator code

Then having to type out my e-mail and re-check the remember me box :(
Well at least it hasnt changed for SCII.
I have to agree is it inconvenient at the moment but we need to wait for them do what they are doing I guess.
Well, it really isn't nice to not tell people that it is being changed. All that accomplishes is more blue posts (Like the one in this thread) to be wasted on the topic.

But I guess not everyone reads patch notes either.

By any means, I don't like it, I end up typing in my password and the authenticator code in the same box because I am so used to it :(
I play in a fairly dark room, so it is annoying when the popup window darkens the whole screen, because I usually have to scramble to get enough light to read the number off the authenticator. I'd settle for them removing that screen dimming when the authenticator window pops up. I'm having similar problems to other people in that I keep typing stuff in the wrong box because I'm used to doing it a certain way, but that's something I'll get used to. The light issue isn't something I'll get used to though. Looks like I'm back to keeping a small flashlight nearby instead of being able to read it by the glow of the monitor.
Wait... so you mean there used to be a way to input authenticator codes without having to go through a second screen?

...Ah well. I'm used to it this way already anyway.
04/28/2011 09:29 PMPosted by Grokmar
I keep trying to tab and enter my code, but all it does is mess up my login name :(

Same here. I'm forcing myself to unlearn that habit.