Dragon Age!

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Played both DA: Origins and DA2! Loved them both. I am currently replaying DA2 right now. While the story and places you go in DA2 seems limiting it is a very good game!
I liked both games, though I loved Origins much more I believe. I did like alot of the dialog in DA2, the story just wasn't quite as epic in my opinion.
05/04/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Kurnea
I liked both games, though I loved Origins much more I believe. I did like alot of the dialog in DA2, the story just wasn't quite as epic in my opinion.

The problem with DA2 was that you couldn't change the story. If you go with person A instead of person B it won't mean anything.
05/04/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Barathos

The problem with DA2 was that you couldn't change the story. If you go with person A instead of person B it won't mean anything.

I haven't played through more than one play, but it did seem off to me that unlike the first game there weren't many ways to majorly affect the outcome of the game.
05/04/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Barathos

I'unno, I think that's really a matter of extent. Yeah, you can't determine the fate of the world, or even one city state, but at least you get to bugger up the lives of your companions as you see fit.

Except in the case of your dear sibling, which really, really ticked me off. Bethany was the only mage who wasn't awash in a sea of angst or stupid, and yet, no matter WHAT you do she's forced to sit out for half the game. That was my biggest gripe about the companions of DA2, being loaded with manic depressive Anders (who was much better in the original) and Merril, who presented a great conumdrum - is she impossibly dense, or is her head so full of air it can't function properly?

It would have been nice to have a little more say in some situations. I'd go into it, but spoilers are like farts, and the internet is like a megaphone.