Am I doing something wrong?

Quests
So I leveled mainly through dungeons and decided to go back and finish the Hyjal zone. I got to the last quest involving pushing Ragnaros back and I failed.....twice. I'm lvl 85 and yes im a tank but do you really need that much dps or am i doing something wrong. I avoid the firewall and kill the add right away that interrupts the guy that gives the melee buff.

Do I need more than 1 person or what? It doesn't say it's a group quest and wouldn't it be hard to find someone on the last stage? Anyways I'm just ocd (not really, but sorta) and its bothering me.

Any help?
Something is glitchy with that quest since patch - there's another thread with people unable to complete it. I just did it on my latest 80 right before 4.1 and it worked just fine (kinda just shot arrows into Rag).

In-game ticket is probably your best information. Either they'll say nothing's wrong or will be fixed...then you'll know if it's you or them. =P

So I leveled mainly through dungeons and decided to go back and finish the Hyjal zone. I got to the last quest involving pushing Ragnaros back and I failed.....twice. I'm lvl 85 and yes im a tank but do you really need that much dps or am i doing something wrong. I avoid the firewall and kill the add right away that interrupts the guy that gives the melee buff.

Do I need more than 1 person or what? It doesn't say it's a group quest and wouldn't it be hard to find someone on the last stage? Anyways I'm just ocd (not really, but sorta) and its bothering me.

Any help?

How recently did you try to complete this quest?

This should have been corrected already as noted in our hotfix thread here (April 28-29) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2690293

Players should again be able to successfully complete the quest The Firelord.
I have also had this exact issue last night (May 4th.) , three times it went splat on me when we got Rag down to 15%, Cenarius, Malfurion, and Tauren guy (Don't remember his name) would just up and disappear, and Rag would just stand there and stare at me and yell at his minions to come help him, his minions wouldn't show up though.

I tried to win the staring contest, but that guy is tough!
I have this exact same problem: nobody can damage Rag enough to make enough difference, and the fight eventually resets, sometimes in a bugged state.
Just as a note - a guildy of mine (83 ret pally) was unable to complete this quest as of last night. He was dpsing and healing his butt off but couldn't keep Cenarius from dropping. I jumped in to try and help but I was phased, so he tried the tactic of cursing and skipping the quest for now. It seemed to work.

I'm not saying it's for sure still broken, but he doesn't strike me as not competent enough to finish this quest - it was pretty easy on each of the three toons I did it on.

I'll feel really stupid having posted this if it's been fixed and he is just bad.
I experienced the issue May 3rd after the patch was applied on my 82 Rogue.

During the fight Hammul and Malfurion were casting the debuff on Rag, but nothing more. Cenarius just stood there during the fight not doing anything besides giving himself the healing buff. Buy the time I could DPS him to around 50% he had killed Cenarius and recieved a beserker buff and then killed me, Malfurion and Hammul.

Note: I did kill the spawns and avoided the lava waves.
Posting to say that my friend, an 81 priest, also failed this quest 4 times last night (May 4th). I didn't think it was a bug but now that I know it is I'll tell him to stop trying...
I did The Firelord last night as well and died the first time because i didn't realize i needed to kill the adds, but the second time i had no problem with it. i would just attack Rag between add spawns and eventually beat him
I completed the quest last night. It required the help of an 83 hunter to produce sufficient dps to down Ragnaros.
I completed this quest at level when I was 81. The trick I found was to avoid the flame wave and just let the npc's kill the adds or if you can kill the one you need while the flame wall was going.

As soon as rag pops up let him cast 1 searing flames or w/e it is he casts then get into melee and hit him. He should stay focused on Cen and not cast the flame damage thing which is what kills him.

Hope this helps.
Hiya Neth.

It's like the first blue post ever on Quest Forum. =)

05/05/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Santiclaws
I completed this quest at level when I was 81

It's a current issue people are having. It's not working correctly.
Thanks all. We'll pass word along.
After speaking with the development team, we were able to confirm that The Firelord quest is not functioning as intended. We're currently working on a fix, though I can't provide an eta for when this will be corrected. Should we be able to provide the fix via hotfix, we will.
Ah, phooey. Wish I had read this before I tried, unsuccessfully, a few times. Just thought I kept doing something wrong.
As of 22:00 ( EST ) it still seems to not be functioning correctly.

You guys car remove the four death's from my stats profile?
Seems fair ... ( grin )

Thanks!