Lots of Dexter fans out there, huh?

Movies, TV and Entertainment
I just read the Best Show Ever thread and saw a lot of people liked the show Dexter. It's awesome. To put it simply, for me, its the only show I ever think buying it on DVD is worth the time.
"I will not kill my sister, I will not kill my sister, I will not kill my sister..."

I watched the first few with on Netflix with my sis when she came to visit me, and she introduced it to my parents. We now own all 4 seasons. Worth it.
Fourth season was absolutely amazing. Fifth had its moments, not the best overall, but I'm hoping now that the "grieving" season is done, the show will be back on track.
It is BY FAR the best show i have ever watched, or even considered purchasing.
Very much looking forward to the up-coming season.

I hope they can top season 1 or 4.
How could anyone not love a serial killer? My favorite seasons are 2 with Dexter & Doakes. and season 4 -no spoilers- just wow.
I LOVED the first two season and I'm on the third now and liking it but honestly it's not grabbing me as much as the other seasons. Also someone spoiled a huge plot twist in a later season for me so that also might be why I'm not as excited for it as I was. Why do people have to be jerks and spoil things on the internet?
I had a hard time getting into Dexter but after 3 or 4 episodes i was hooked.
Season 5 really dropped the ball. I'm a tad concerned going into season 6. I mean, really, for those of you that saw the last episode, the ending and how things were wrapped up was just not how things normally goes in Dexter.
season 1= amazing
season 2= meh
season 3= bad imo.
season 4= redeemed the entire series for me, if ur getting sick of 2 and 3 just wait till 4, its AMAZING.

season 5= it wasn't terrible, ending was kinda dissapointing

agreed...

I just thought after Season 5 the 2 of them could have been a serial killing duo which would have been cool. But instead they cut it short and their relationship ended with the last guy being killed.
I'm totally hooked and love all of the seasons, not sure why you guys hated season 5 i loved it as you can see by my name ^_^ i hope they team up again for season 6. Wouldn't it be great if she came back into town early season 6 to try and tried to cure his darkness ?
People really don't like Season 3? Is it because Jimmy Smits completely out-acted Michael C. Hall?

there is only 2 shows comparable to Dexter.

they are Breaking Bad, and Weeds.

Huge fan, but it was never the same for me after my favourite character was killed off.

Doakes was by far the best character up until his demise... he provided us with some of my favourite moments in the show, including head butting Dexter and "You owe me a new Michelin, *%$*@*%$#".
Huge fan, but it was never the same for me after my favourite character was killed off.

Doakes was by far the best character up until his demise... he provided us with some of my favourite moments in the show, including head butting Dexter and "You owe me a new Michelin, *%$*@*%$#".

Agreed the headbutt scene was awesome but i found Doakes overall to act poorly and rely too much on looking buff and grinding his teeth to get that jaw line muscle flex going on lol

Agreed the headbutt scene was awesome but i found Doakes overall to act poorly and rely too much on looking buff and grinding his teeth to get that jaw line muscle flex going on lol

I frickin lol'd so hard when Dexter headbutted him, then just walked away smiling like nothing's wrong. Seriously, like fell on the floor it was so funny XD