Overrated bands that everyone seems to love

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 9 10 11 21 Next

Well yeah. One popular band that deserves every praise they received is the White Stripes & the 30 other bands that Jack White is a part of. I think I heard they broke up, but not sure since I don't care about band news/drama. I just listen to the music.

You mean that band with the drummer that has a beat a 4 yo can do and the !@#$ty guitar riffs that I can play with my toes?

No, they're terrible.

You got me about the drummer. I bet her head would explode if Jack asked her to do anything besides quarternotes, but that seems to be his style. He plays that old crappy guitar (that other models would have no value if Jack didn't use it), but he makes work. It might be a little harder to work with than it needs to be, but it is his style and it definitely pleases. I guess he extends that train of thinking to his drummer.

Most of his songs are just a couple power chords, if you've heard his other bands then you can tell he obviously shreds on the guitar. I guess the White Stripes was more of a vocals paired with dirty guitar riffs project, but I kind of just group white stripes and his other bands together to form an opinion of him as a musician.
I forgot about AC/DC. Horribly overrated as well. Every song sounds the same.

Could'nt aggre with you more.
05/16/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Dunski
Check out lead singer of Godsmack, Sully Erna's, solo album and tell me his voice is bad.

His voice is bad
It is so much easier to tear down than to build up.

There should be an Internet law that observes that a thread like this one, if allowed to go on long enough, will eventually name every band that has ever existed.
It is so much easier to tear down than to build up.

There should be an Internet law that observes that a thread like this one, if allowed to go on long enough, will eventually name every band that has ever existed.
There is truth in that. Quite a few pages back it was mentioned, (by me and others) that these threads are meaningless and are really "bands I don't like" threads. Trying to claim that a famous band that makes millions is overrated is just silly, IMO.
Who cares.... What's over rated and non-interesting to you is completely groovy to someone else, and that is all that matters.

You dislike a band, I could care less. If I dislike a band you like do you truly care?... Didn't think so.

Edit: Not flaming the op, just this topic is exactly what the Blue above has said.
The Beatles are clearly and absurdly overrated.

Everyone claims their music is OMGAWESOMEEPICSUPERAMAZING, but it's just boring, brainless pop music. And not even good pop music.

"BUT TEHY INFLUENS EVRY1 LOL" Yeah, which is why rock music moved away from its blues roots and became one of the worst genres of music, right next to crunkcore and post-grunge.

The Beatles took everything that was good about rock and threw it away.
The Beatles are clearly and absurdly overrated.

Everyone claims their music is OMGAWESOMEEPICSUPERAMAZING, but it's just boring, brainless pop music. And not even good pop music.

"BUT TEHY INFLUENS EVRY1 LOL" Yeah, which is why rock music moved away from its blues roots and became one of the worst genres of music, right next to crunkcore and post-grunge.

The Beatles took everything that was good about rock and threw it away.
You are right. The most popular band in the history of rock and roll is clearly crap. It's amazing that it took this long for you to enlighten us.

brb, gonna call sir Paul McCartney and ask him to refund his HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS that he made by being part of the most popular band in R&R history, since clearly they are bad and have had us all duped for decades.

While I'm gone you may want to reflect upon the difference between theese two things;
1. [blank] is overrated
2. I don't like [blank]
The difference is subtle, but I think if you try real hard you may be able to figure it out.
Overrated = something is not as good as people make it out to be.

And The Beatles fits perfectly.

To YOU it isn't.

I thought you would be able to figure out the difference but alas, I was wrong.

This isn't rating some car front end crash test where the results are definitively one way or the other. This is music and entirely subjective. Your opinion is not the only factor that counts. What makes you think your opinion trumps the millions upon millions who made them so pospular?
The most over rated by far and without a doubt, Metallica.
09/08/2011 06:02 PMPosted by Straasha
What makes you think your opinion trumps the millions upon millions who made them so pospular?

Because the same millions and millions of people think Katy Perry, Nickelback, Skrillex, Attack Attack!, Venom, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Lil Wayne, and Christina Aguilera are any good.

You can't trust "millions and millions of people."
Disturbed.

/khaaan!

DISTURBED!

Everyone I know is like "OH LOL I LOVE DISTURBED" and when I ask them to recommend a song they all say "OH LOL DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS".

I can't stand that band.
05/09/2011 03:59 AMPosted by Snozzberries
the Beatles.

GTFO.

Now.
Rush.

Seriously. Seriously hate that band.

also Nirvana. Well not Nirvana so much as Kurt Cobain, cant stand his singing. However i do recognize that he helped knock Jackson out of the top slot and paved the way for grunge music on the popular scene.