Booty Bay Auction House

General Discussion
I tried to buy and sell items at the Booty Bay AH and it didn't seem to be connected to the Horde AH. In fact, when I would search for items, nothing came up every time. Does anyone understand why this is??
Because the Booty Bay AH is linked to the Neutral, Goblin-run AH. Horde and Alliance can both access it, at the expense of not being linked to either the Horde or Alliance AH.
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Booty Bay and Gadgetzan AHs are neutral AHs. Both Alliance and Horde can use these and they are separate from the main Horde city AHs.
It is a neutral auction house.

Separate to both Alliance and Horde AH, it has it's own set of goods to be searched from, usually a more limited stock than your faction AH.
The Goblin AH is separate from the horde and alliance auction houses. It is a neutral AH usable by both factions. Unfortunately, it has triple the fees associated with any item than the two faction AHs.
The Neutral auction house is separate from the Alliance and Horde auction houses. It is accessible through Gadgetzan and Booty Bay.
These auction houses are neutral and not linked to the Horde and Alliance ones. Also, the AH cut is higher.
WHO'S TALKIN CRAP BOUT MY AUCTION HOUSE
So glad we had six people say the same thing. I was worried that after 2-3 the OP still wouldn't get it and I'm just glad we had another 3 to drive the point home.
05/06/2011 09:33 AMPosted by Noobzor
So glad we had six people say the same thing. I was worried that after 2-3 the OP still wouldn't get it and I'm just glad we had another 3 to drive the point home.

I was really tempted to chime in with a straight faced answer that said the exact thing the first six people posted. Only problem would be that I would be the only person who knew I was kidding/mocking, and apparently humor doesn't work like that on the internet.
thanks for the replies :) I don't think I will be using this AH and I am a little bummed about that. I noticed that the facepalm got buried, but I was expecting more than one. I guess it seems ridiculous to some that we don't know the game inside and out when we first start playing. They are a breed of higher intelligence I guess ;)
The only real use for the neutral AH is to transfer items from the Alliance to the Horde.
thanks for the replies :) I don't think I will be using this AH and I am a little bummed about that.

It is nice for selling faction specific items, like the argent pets. Or for transferring gold from a character on one faction to your character on the other side. There is a heftier fee for posting and a larger AH cut, but it does have it's uses. ^_^
There's also a neutral auction house in Winterspring. :)
05/06/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Sismet
There's also a neutral auction house in Winterspring. :)

And Ratchet and Gadgetzan.
I remember Booty Bay...
ah yes.. i used this AH to send my horde toons gold. you cant send stuff to your self, but have a friend buy the item and then give you the money.... i good friend of course. lol
It'd be nice to have a Goblin AH rep in
- the sewers of Dalaran
- K3
- the lower city of Shattrath (near the bar)
- Area 52 (netherstorm)

It's strange the greedy little goblins haven't expanded their network into Northrend or Outland, they have their hands on teleporters so it's not like they couldn't deliver the stuff quickly.