Opposite Faction should be able to group

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I have done this about 3 or 4 times. Its nice and makes you feel kinda warm inside. Most times, I just unload on them, but sometimes on some hard quest out in the field, its nice to have some mutual respect.
05/11/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Korly
The fact that we are at outright war with each other doesn't seem to matter to you.

Hmmm. So running around in the Eastern Plague Lands I've gotten about half my quests given to by Orcs, Trolls etc. Booty Bay? How does that factor into the equation?

You're taking quests from them. They're not asking you for a round of ale at the tavern. Business is business. Otherwise, we'd kill them and they'd kill us.
They don't speak the same language, after the Cataclysm they got into even bloodier battles against each other, and always remember that, lorewise, you're cannon fodder. It ain't up to you to do diplomacy.
That would ruin the lore of the game even more.

05/11/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Korly
The fact that we are at outright war with each other doesn't seem to matter to you.

Hmmm. So running around in the Eastern Plague Lands I've gotten about half my quests given to by Orcs, Trolls etc. Booty Bay? How does that factor into the equation?

Helping someone for a little is a bit different than working together as a team. There is also such a thing as neutral NPCs that just happen to be the race of the other faction, the same is for the Horde sometimes as well.

Grouping Alliance and Horde together will just make attitudes even worse, and just how are we supposed to talk to each other? Break even more lore?
05/11/2011 01:53 PMPosted by Alillyne

You're taking quests from them. They're not asking you for a round of ale at the tavern. Business is business. Otherwise, we'd kill them and they'd kill us.

It's not a battle about races, is a battle about factions. People aligned with the Horde are at war with people aligned to the Alliance, and vice-versa. If an orc gives you a quest, but he's in Booty Bay, he's from the Steamwheedle Cartel and doesn't care about our struggles.
05/11/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Paulabdul
%%#! no
Because we hate each other?

With a passion?

My pixels hate your pixels. Oh wait, you are a worgen? Nope, it turns out that my pixels like your pixels.

You can kill the ferals out in Silverpine to vent your fustrations if you like!

It's not a battle about races, is a battle about factions. People aligned with the Horde are at war with people aligned to the Alliance, and vice-versa. If an orc gives you a quest, but he's in Booty Bay, he's from the Steamwheedle Cartel and doesn't care about our struggles.

Someone answered that better than I did already. Last post of the first page I think.
I think that as things progress the Alliance and Horde will group up in the end on some quest line just to help the world, or defeat a certain enemy etc. I dont think the whole LFD would work, but I would like to see the 2 Factions team up for a short time just to get through it. Like in BC/LK they were at war but still had the common enemy that they would get past the differences just enough to destroy the bigger threat.
This idea might have been probable prior to the Wrathgate incident. But with Chip on Shoulder Big Chin in charge of the Alliance and Gung Ho Tiny Head in charge of the Horde, there's no way Alliance and Horde will cooperate in anything.
05/11/2011 01:39 PMPosted by Golfer
-_- no
This is world of WARcraft.
05/11/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
I don't want to group with no pompous "get their gear handed to them on a silver platter" Horde, sorry.
Ironically that was the case for Alliance quests for the past years. Some quest hub areas still feel like that too, but now I can finally find equivalents Horde-side.