Our voices were heard!!

Arenas
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
Hey wtffffffffffffffastttttt
WE DONT WANT TO DO RATED BG'S.
You can still get lots of points via arena. just not as many as before.
You dun need to do rbg's!
Unless having to wait a little longer to get gear is that big o deal?
Blizz, Just make a group finder for RBG's. Theres plenty of people who would do RBG's,its just hard to find a group. Why punish people who like arenas?

Thats not the point.

Thats not the point.

I know, the point is to endlessly cry about something that barely changes peoples gameplay.
They've been trying to kill off arena for a while now. They realized that they couldn't make it work as wrath went on. It didn't get better in cataclysm, they've essentially given everyone everything they've ever asked for, and they have less players now than they did in late BC.

Thats not the point.

I know, the point is to endlessly cry about something that barely changes peoples gameplay.

Yeah because arena players who should be getting 2300 points but are instead getting 1500 is smart.
05/14/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Mánthrax
they have less players now than they did in late BC.

they are going to have even less players if they go through with this change, its completely unnecessary and stupid
honestly i never expected this of blizzard. Of all the stupid things they have done, they could at least let me pick in what manner i choose to get globaled. I honestly cant stand rbgs i would rather do randoms just for the fact they are more fun. Yes i am a die hard arena player and cringed at the idea of rbgs from the start (on a side note, every t2 RBG player i have seen cant get past 2k in arena no matter how many games they play). I have tried rbgs out about 12 to 15 times and it feels like pve all over again, it just doesn't hold my attention. Blizzard just admit you dropped the ball on RBGs but don't shove them down our throats like we are 7 year olds who don't like vegetables. Let the players of the pvp community decide what we want to play on our own.
05/14/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Mánthrax
They've been trying to kill off arena for a while now. They realized that they couldn't make it work as wrath went on. It didn't get better in cataclysm, they've essentially given everyone everything they've ever asked for, and they have less players now than they did in late BC.

If things keep going the way they are blizz will lose over half its player base plus alot of new games are coming out beginning this summer not just for PC but for consoles as well so blizz has to keep its player base at least somewhat satisfied
If you dont enjoy them dont do them.

That's what im going to do
You think I am going to spend the time getting a crap load of people together just so I can participate in your failed RBG's idea? You think you can make me do it by only allowing 2/3rds of my conquest points to come from arena?

You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN!
I remember when every patch didn't make me rage to the point of needing a TUMS (i miss the tums.... tums tums tums ........ TUMMMMMS commercials). They are killing the game. I won't threaten to leave because I doubt I will, i take one or two months, sometimes three and four month breaks. I always come back though. This change is about as ridiculous as any I have seen from blizz in all the years i've been playing. Taking people who were getting 2k arena points a week pre-patch and give them 1350 lol? Either that or force them into organizing and doing rbgs which are going to take literally 6 or 7 times longer per week?

Yeah, this isn't going to go, they're going to sour people on pvp altogether, make people who don't already hate rbgs hate them because now they HAVE to do them or have to save 3 weeks to get a helm/chest/legs (4 weeks for a weapon at 1800? lol?), or lose a ton of players to account cancellations.

Or all of the above (probably all of the above).
I didn't read any of the other posts after page 1 but just wanted to add my voice to this as a paying customer who's played since WoW beta.

If this goes through as-is then I'll be cancelling my subscription.
Our guild tried RBGs a few times and we just won't do it anymore. For us, it was a massive waste of time, because the queues were 20 minutes and we would end up facing a team with a 1300 avg rating, while we had an avg rating of 80. It was like this pretty much every time, but sometimes worse. The other team would have several guys with over a 2200 rating.

A 20-minute queue (or more) to face a team with 10 or more times your rating is not my idea of fun. People were interested when Blizzard first said "getting the best gear from BGs" because that made it sound like grinding randoms for gear, as in Vanilla. What we got instead was 10-man arena with endless queue times and a broken MMR system.
I was actually very excited about RBGs till I found out you had to find a group on your server. And when I did I found gimmick teams on the other side. 5 healers, 2 tanks and 3 CC DPS. I would rather see a random system put in with a resilience requirement. Sure it won't take care of the gimmick teams but it would take care of the hours of:

<2:trade> LFM 5 healers and 3 DPS PST with Resil

Just to have it fall apart when one thing goes wrong.