Increase the max number per realm

General Discussion
I say either open up a payment option for additional character slots, or give us one more slot on a given realm for each character we have that reaches the level cap, up to a certain number of occurrences. That would largely prevent players making 20 low level characters on one server that they'd likely never play.
I'd gladly pay a premium to join a server with no minors.

An adult only server.

:)

Adults only servers? Yeah, the chat there is going to be terrible.

"what you mean we can erotic role play in general? we are all adults here!"

i hope they don't. ever. do this.
if 10 characters is not enough for you, you're either extremly self-absorbed and think you should have the right to create a dozen + characters that you will rarely touch on the same server, or you seriously want over 10 characters per realm because you really want to play that many, actively. Both are unhealthy mentalities and should not be supported.

It doesn't affect you in any way.
05/11/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Dragontauren
Is it possible that Blizzard increase the max number of character per realm? 10 is not enough!

For the majority of players 10 slots per realm is more than enough. This has been said by Blizzard, I don't have a link because it was on the old boards.
05/11/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Anshahak
Is it possible that Blizzard increase the max number of character per realm? 10 is not enough!

For the majority of players 10 slots per realm is more than enough. This has been said by Blizzard, I don't have a link because it was on the old boards.

(: I am so sad about that!
As an altoholic who absolutely adores leveling, I would love to have more character slots for my realm. Ravenholdt is where my friends are at. I've started alts on other servers, but I've always come back because this is the server that I am at home in. Why should I be forced to play away from my friends if I want to roll another character? :(

if 10 characters is not enough for you, you're either extremly self-absorbed and think you should have the right to create a dozen + characters that you will rarely touch on the same server, or you seriously want over 10 characters per realm because you really want to play that many, actively. Both are unhealthy mentalities and should not be supported.

You confuse me greatly.

i'll bite for the troll i suppose.

i've been playing for six years this month. In every phase of the game (vanilla through expansions) i've had an increasing number of max level characters. 60-70 didn't take THAT long... neither did 70-80... and 80-85 is a joke. The stop gap was 1-60, which, by the end of wrath (with heirlooms) was fairly quick itself. These days you can level a character 1-85 in about 2 weeks with heirlooms.

I had 4 60's in vanilla. 7 70's in BC and 10 80's in wrath. I don't raid much so i have the time to level alts. In cata i even deleted 2 80's so i could see both eastern kingdoms and kalimdor while still chatting with my guild and it was a crappy decision.

Now most of my characters have rare pets, mounts, achievements, titles etc. spread around on em. Sure i could re-level them quickly but i'd lose all that. I play 2-3 alts per month really... then shelve them and play 2-3 others. Eventually all my high level characters come into the "rotation" and i don't like the idea of having to re-level them EVERY time and never have any rare things on them.

Hence the character slots.

It wouldn't affect you or anyone like you. You would never know if a person had additional character slots unless you physically had every char on his list on your friends list (or ignore). The only people this would affect are alt nuts and those that like to experiment but don't like to delete time invested.

and p.s., the "designing content where a majority wouldn't need it anyway"? Heroic raids would like a word with you.

It doesn't affect you in any way.

it affects the entire server by adding to server load and decreasing the availability of character names

server load is based on people logged in. You still wouldn't be able to log more than one at a time so that point is moot.

and names... you are whining because potentially, somewhere down the line a NAME you wanted would be taken because someone used it for his 11th char?

wow...

Bizarre, irrational opinion.

stupid troll can call my opinion whatever he wants, Blizz has maintained the limit for a reason

05/11/2011 01:53 PMPosted by Skyfiredraco
server load is based on people logged in.

Where do you think all the files that back up your character's items, achievements, reputations etc. are stored?

and why do you think un-accessed storage space has anything to do with bandwidth used?
10 is actually quite a lot. They would probably agree to making you pay for another slot, but I doubt it would be any priority of their's to get on that. If you need to make more than 10 characters.. You might be an altoholic.
05/11/2011 02:13 PMPosted by Jaegir
and why do you think un-accessed storage space has anything to do with bandwidth used?

I never said anything about bandwidth. I said 'server load.' The more data you add to a hard drive, the longer it takes for the CPU to access specific files. If everyone had 10+ characters (most ibeing nactive) it would take up a great deal of space on the server's hard drive.

go play a single player rpg on your computer. Something with extra characters. Diablo 2, Scared 1 and 2, etc. Make a bunch of them and then see how much space that takes up.

compare it with just the game files etc.

Even if every character on your server doubled his slots (which, by your own admission, not TO many would actually do) it wouldn't take up as much space as you are thinking. And then if the slots were something purchased in the blizz store it would be a win for everyone. The alt nuts get more slots, you don't see the masses and the gold farmers making 15 new characters and blizz gets more money. Where is the problem in this?