Don't Worry Folks. We Got This.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

You just made my night.
There will be something very satisfying about being able to toss a Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E. whilest facing Akil'zon during Electrical Storm!
This. This is proof that the 600k people left without a reason.

edit: This is, of course, sarcastic of the people that are claiming the sky's falling. I'm sure Blizzard has not only this, but everything else too. Love this game. Even without an appearance tab, or with the United Nations bug...they're doing the best they can.
05/12/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Zarhym

Everything got outta control
The music was so entrancing
Everyone got out on the floor
It was a bunch of old white people dancing
05/12/2011 07:16 PMPosted by Pyrõstorm

Everything got outta control
The music was so entrancing
Everyone got out on the floor
It was a bunch of old white people dancing

If we get an appearance tab, everyone can wear fingerless gloves!
I kinda liked the graphical bug with auto attack animations and dancing!

It was almost like we had a new dance... we created a dance... like you would in a studio... hmmmm. =P
Nice.

I will once again be able to passively admit defeat to my enemies. :P
But this means people can go back to dancing with the ghostly citizens in Stratholme in the middle of a fight, causing the ghosts to dance instead of attacking players, making them completely trivial enemies. Why must you always be making easy things easier for dirty casuals? Rabble rabble, and so on and so forth, etc.
I would normally be a bit angry about resources being wasted on trivial things, as opposed to balance, but this put a large smile on my face.
We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

• Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

OMG, my faith in Blizzard has been restored!

Speaking of dancing, Dance Studio?
hmm no ETA for dispel Prot for spriest then?.... nice to see the game breaking no dancing whilst in combat has been fixed :P
05/12/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Wirethrone
Glad you are working on extremely important things like this instead of actually balancing the game. Good work!

Yes, because the people that work on animations are the same people that work on combat code.... some people just can't see they are trying to be lighthearted and have fun in what must be one of the most stressful jobs at Blizzard.
I noticed during Children's Week that it seemed like all emotes were blocked in combat. Will bringing back dancing allow other things like /point etc as well?
Omg! I can pull my 360 degree hips out of the closet again!? *does pycho happy dance*