PwnBoxer ~Legal~

Customer Support
Just wanted to know if this program was legal to use in WoW?

I know Multi is ok but is a program like PwnBoxer legal.

Really all it does is mimic key/mouse uses from one window to the next. However I love my account and would not want to get it banned. Therefore I'm asking first.
As long as it only mimics on button press = that same button press across all accounts.. it would be fine.

It would be not fine, that it AUTOMATED things in any ways.. you press one button, and it goes and presses a combination of 3 on the other machine.
Using a key/mouse clone program is fine, as it does not directly interfere with the operation of the WoW client. I have no experience with the program you mention, but I have been using KeyClone myself for a couple years and I can vouch that I am still here with my account.

However, being a third party program, you will not get anyone from Blizzard to vouch for it.
Due to the fact that programs (and the functionality) change over time, not to mention the potential hazard of "endorsing" a product, Blizzard employee will generally never say that a program is or is not "okay".

However, provided that it follows the limitations that Reenela has mentioned, it generally is fine - any software multicasting solution is permissible.

I, personally, use KeyClone for my dualboxing entertainment. Never had any problems.
I appreciate the input. I guess I am not looking for Blizz to vouch for it. I simply want to know if I purchased and used it, if they would ban me?

If so it's a no go. If not it looks like a great program and I would love to use it. But, like I said if they say it's not legal I'm walking away.
05/16/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Mud
I simply want to know if I purchased and used it, if they would ban me?

If *all* it does is broadcast keyboard/mouse input to multiple windows, Blizzard will not care. If there is any keyboard/mouse scripting involved (read: automation), you get into the bad side of things.
05/16/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Maul
I simply want to know if I purchased and used it, if they would ban me?

If *all* it does is broadcast keyboard/mouse input to multiple windows, Blizzard will not care. If there is any keyboard/mouse scripting involved (read: automation), you get into the bad side of things.

comprehend ty
As a final caveat, if it trips something in Warden (which is possible even if it's following the rules) it is possible it could trigger an auto-suspension, which would probably be lifted after you contest the action. I'd look for others that have used the program for some time and see if they report any issues with WoW.
Just wanted to know if this program was legal to use in WoW?

I know Multi is ok but is a program like PwnBoxer legal.

Really all it does is mimic key/mouse uses from one window to the next. However I love my account and would not want to get it banned. Therefore I'm asking first.

Hello there!

I am the owner of the Pwnboxer software you mentioned. I use it every day myself, along with many thousands of people. I can say with all confidence that Pwnboxer was developed with a specific attention paid to Blizzard's ToS/EULA. You can be assured that you will never have a feature in PB that can break the rules of the game.

After all, I'm a huge multiboxer myself, and I would have for my 4x DK 1x Pally, or 3x Hunter team, to go bye bye :)

So yes, from the horse's mouth himself, as somebody who has a long history of building gaming communities and tools (I was the CEO of Wowhead ya know), I can vouch that the software is legit :)

We have a guild on Blackrock-US that multiboxes in fact. Swing on by and feel free to ask questions.
In my opinion, ISBoxer is the best software out there. I used to use Keyclone but it was seriously hard work to get a new team setup. ISBoxer just lets you use a wizard to create everything. I have close to a 100 toons (no, not all are 85) spread across 11 accounts. I have never used Pwnboxer.
I use ISBoxer now too. I used to use PWNBoxer but like many others, they switched to ISBoxer cause of its many useful functions it provides. Don't believe me? Head over to the chat and ask questions. Many people are on who would be happy to talk to you.

With my experience, Pwnboxer would be helpful to someone not too serious about multiboxing, but willing to spend alot of money for it. ISBoxer is for someone who wants more from their software while still abiding by the TOS and the EULA, and have it cost less. Both however are legal to use. And don't use your G15 Keyboard in a way that will get you banned, software or no software, your keyboard can be illegal if used inappropriately.
Scy this thread is a few months old. I doubt the OP is around to check replies.

In the future check the date of the last post before adding something :)
Scy this thread is a few months old. I doubt the OP is around to check replies.

In the future check the date of the last post before adding something :)

Indeed. I'll go ahead and lock this to prevent future confusion.