Low level hunter rotation

Hunter
Hello everyone! I just started played a hunter - I love it! Most fun with a class since I rolled a DK the first time, back in WoTLK!

But I don' think I've ever played a class that gets this bombarded with abilities early on, there's literally like 2-3 new abilities every other level X_X no naturally I'm a little lost. I'm only level 15 and already my main bar is filled with ablities.

What rotation should I used, I've been trying to do Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Kill Command - but I run out of energy and the mob rushes towards me, making it awkward. I used to get away with Concusive Shot, Arcane Shot, then Kill Command, but everyone is telling me I need to use hunter's mark/serpent sting... so yeah please help!

Thanks!

BTW: I am a BM hunter.
sooo what about HM and SS?
Hunter's Mark costs no focus and provides a damage buff so you should always have it up. If mobs are dying really fast, Serpent Sting is unnecessary, however I would use this if combat takes a long time.
Low lvl hunter macro
/castsequence reset=/combat Hunter's Mark, null
/castsequence reset=/combat Serpent's Sting, null
/castsequence reset=5/combat Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
/cast Kill Command

Also key bind pet attack to move your pet around if you have to from switching targets.
This macro is good for lvling, but for instances and pvp use shot priority and don't forget fevor to build your bar back up.
Single mobs often die well before Serpent Sting has done much damage so I rarely use it except for elites. It also breaks Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap.

As BM, let your pet attack first and get in a Kill Command before you attack. You may want to open with a Concussive Shot if mobs often come after you. If they do come after you, use Scatter Shot or Wing Clip to get away.

Use can also use Disengage to get away from a mob but be sure you won't fly off a cliff or aggro more mobs behind you.

You might want to experiment with the other 2 specs.

Survival seems much better to me at low levels, especially for random dungeons. You can do a rotation of Explosive Shot, 2 Steady Shots, Explosive Shot, 2 Steady Shots ...

i find in survival i hit hunter's mark, concusion shot, explosive shot, arcane shot, serpent sting, steady shot. works very very well in low lvl pvpin. i attacked a marco for my pet when i hunter's mark someone it attacks the target.
in dungeons i hunter's mark, explosive shot, serpent sting, steady shot, arcane shot, steady shot. by the time i get to the last steady shot, mob's are all dead... elites are all dead.
Just started lvling this toon a little while ago...Marks has been great for me...Hunters Mark > Aimed Shot > Arcane Shot = Dead Mob. Replace Arcane Shot with Chimera Shot once you hit 69 and continue to 2 shot everything.
Marksman is the low-level leveling spec you want. You one- or two-shot almost everything once you get careful aim.

BM is good for soloing elites, though most of those are pretty easy in MM also.
Hello everyone! I just started played a hunter - I love it! Most fun with a class since I rolled a DK the first time, back in WoTLK!

But I don' think I've ever played a class that gets this bombarded with abilities early on, there's literally like 2-3 new abilities every other level X_X no naturally I'm a little lost. I'm only level 15 and already my main bar is filled with ablities.

What rotation should I used, I've been trying to do Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Kill Command - but I run out of energy and the mob rushes towards me, making it awkward. I used to get away with Concusive Shot, Arcane Shot, then Kill Command, but everyone is telling me I need to use hunter's mark/serpent sting... so yeah please help!

Thanks!

BTW: I am a BM hunter.

One that's worked well for me as a BM Hunter (same "rotation" for 40+ levels!) is very simple:

1) Send pet, use Hunter's Mark.
2) Open with Serpent Sting
3) Concussive Shot
4) KC
5) Steady Shot
6) Arcane if the mob's not dead yet.

At this point, trash mob dead. Total time from opening: 6-7 seconds. I aim to have a trash mob dead before Concussive wears off - and often do so, even at 80 with that simple rotation.

On a non-trash mob (Elite):

Change 5) to Steady Shotx2, to have enough focus for when KC's off cooldown. Then it's KC/Steadyx2/Arcane rotation until Elite dead, refreshing SS as needed. Works for me - and the purpose of using Serpent/Concussive first is to let the pet get to the mob and establish aggro BEFORE I start letting the nukes fly. KC first means the pet has a good, solid aggro foundation on which to build as I start cranking things up with Arcanes and Steady/Fervour.

EDIT: Also remember: THESE "ROTATIONS" ARE NOT ABSOLUTE. If you need to change things up a bit sue to Focus issues or adds, do so! Add another Steady if you need it, or pop Fervour if you need a extra KC. These shot sequences have worked for my and my character since the low teens - your situations may (and probrably will) differ!

That's why Bliz refers to shot "priorities" instead of rotations nowadays - they're trying to be a bit more dynamic. Adapt the above according to the situation - need more Focus for a KC? Pop another Steady. Mob near death, and you have plenty of Focus? Pop a few Arcanes for a decent burst. Using a pet with a AoE aggro generatior like Thunderstomp? Don't be afraid to toss some Multishots if multiple mobs then - that kinda thing.
Single pulls: Mark, send pet, cast steady, conc/KC, Arcane, Arcane. Not much living through that. Just time your first steady to hit as your pet gets to the mob and KC at the same time. You most likely won't need that first conc shot at all, that first KC should set your pets aggro pretty well. Don't forget to throw a Mend Pet in there between pulls.

Get a Bat and use Bat Stun as well if you need more aggro/time, you still have 2 other stuns if things get really hairy. You will need to macro Bat Stun before level 20 due to it dropping from your bars before then, it's kinda buggy due to it being well... a bug, being available at all sub 20.

P.S.

Solo: Growl ON, Cower OFF.

Group: Growl OFF, Cower ON (unless your pet is tanking for some reason)

Depending on how well your pet holds agro, you may not want to do what I did:

-For single pulls-
1)mark
2)send pet
3)concussive shot (my pets have dash so they usually get to the mob before my shot does)
4)Kill Command
5)arcane until focus is gone
6) steady shot if the mob isn't dead yet. (it usually is)

-for dungeons-
1)mark
2)send pet
3)serpent sting
4)arcane spam/KC
5)steady shot

Like Idiotflesh said, if you're in a group you want growl off.

At low levels, Marks hits like a truck wielding a truck. I would definitely suggest specing marks for leveling. Possibly off specing BM if you're planning on using it later just in case you run across that rare pet that you've been DIEING to have.
Pizzt when i use that macro i have to hit it multiple times! is that what it is suppose to do?
06/05/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Zyprex
Just started lvling this toon a little while ago...Marks has been great for me...Hunters Mark > Aimed Shot > Arcane Shot = Dead Mob. Replace Arcane Shot with Chimera Shot once you hit 69 and continue to 2 shot everything.

Fire a Concuession Shot for larger health pool mobs. Good practice in the Art of Kiteing.