4.2 Conquest change

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
The bottom line is im canceling my account if im forced to play rbgs. I don't mind earning my gear whether it be arena or farming honor but to hell with rbgs until they get a mega overhaul
all in all rbgs in the current state suck *** nobody plays them for a reason

Such a simple and obvious statement, yet totally missed by Blizzard.
05/12/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Shivyr
RBG are the closest thing you can have to a Raid. PVP doesn't have a repair bill... but PVE does, and a group of 10 and 25 people could wipe for HOURS on a boss, and only get 2 or 5 pieces of loot, while you take 10 PVP people and if they all do good, they ALL get gear at the same time, and you don't even spend a FRACTION of the time that PVE does. How can you EVER COMPLAIN!

Dude, no matter how fast you keep spamming your jibber jabber in this thread, no one that is here to post seriously on the topic at hand is going to respect a single one of your whacked opinions. I can see why you want to post anonymously, but do yourself another favor and just stop.

Jibber Jabber? Really? I am just playing Devil's Advocate. I am saying what you don't want to be heard, You guys just sit here thinking that if you cry enough that Momma Blizzard will just fix all you're problems... It wont happen. Simple as that. Just accept it and adapt.
05/12/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Aoir
Nice how a call for civility was ignored... You know, for the people who claim to PvP for the fun of it, answer me this: if you PvP for the fun of it, and not the gear (and by extension the points that get you the gear), why are you so up in arms over this? If you PvP to PvP, having the points altered shouldn't be changing how you play in any manner! The only change will be that you'll have to PvP a little bit more to get your gear! Please, explain to me why having your Conquest points capped from Arena lower than what you'd get from RBG is so horrible. Give me a rational argument for why it's bad. As Strongbeard pointed out, you aren't being forced to do RBGs to cap out; no one can force you to do it. Again, if you PvP to PvP, not capping out your conquest points every week in arena shouldn't be an issue. So, again: Give me a good reason why this change should be reverted, other than that you want to get your gear NOW instead of having to wait an extra week or two.

Because you still have to have a moderate level of gear to play somewhat competitively in the environment most players actually care about (arena.) Slowing down the process artificially to make players do rBGs to get gear for what they actually care about is a horrible concept. it's more of the principle of the matter.
05/12/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Digitallag
The bottom line is im canceling my account if im forced to play rbgs. I don't mind earning my gear whether it be arena or farming honor but to hell with rbgs until they get a mega overhaul

Then go ahead and do so. I'm sorry to see you go over something like this, but that's your ultimate decision, and right. But as I've kept saying, Blizzard isn't forcing you to do anything. You put the gun to your head and pulled the trigger yourself.
Nice how a call for civility was ignored... You know, for the people who claim to PvP for the fun of it, answer me this: if you PvP for the fun of it, and not the gear (and by extension the points that get you the gear), why are you so up in arms over this? If you PvP to PvP, having the points altered shouldn't be changing how you play in any manner! The only change will be that you'll have to PvP a little bit more to get your gear! Please, explain to me why having your Conquest points capped from Arena lower than what you'd get from RBG is so horrible. Give me a rational argument for why it's bad. As Strongbeard pointed out, you aren't being forced to do RBGs to cap out; no one can force you to do it. Again, if you PvP to PvP, not capping out your conquest points every week in arena shouldn't be an issue. So, again: Give me a good reason why this change should be reverted, other than that you want to get your gear NOW instead of having to wait an extra week or two.

I really hate to generalize, but the reactions I've been seeing in here really get me to believe that PvPers are some of the most entitled people who play this game, even worse than the 'hardcore' raiders, and I dislike them, too.

You my friend... deserve a drink.
05/12/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Digitallag
Again, as Strongbeard said, NO ONE CAN FORCE YOU TO DO RBGs! How can it be so hard to understand such a simple concept?! So you won't cap out on Conquest points; I don't cap out on Valor points every week, yet you don't see me complaining about it. If I didn't cap out, it's because I chose not to use the options at hand to get all my valor points that week. It'll be the same thing with this change to conquest points. You will still get your PvP gear; you just won't get it as fast, same as I wouldn't get my valor gear as fast.
I think instead of taking away the amount of points you can earn through arena's, make it so that if you participate in RBG's you get bonus amount. Similar to the way tanks and healers get a bonus currently in dungeons through the CTA's setup.

And seriously all the people here complaining about getting things shoved down your throat. I LOL at you. Try closing your mouth next time. If you don't like the way the game is set up, consider putting in useful alternatives instead of sitting here crying. If every person had it their own way in this game, they would all end up on their own private server.
Hey bliz, if you want to make people spend more time to get the "top-notch" pvp gear why don't you bring back rating requirements again on the gear, that way people who are casual pvp'ers can't get the gear, at least main set gear, unless they spend more time to get the required ratings (for example 1800 weapons and such, I also realize there is currently 2200 weapons i'm talking more along the lines of all gear). This would also appease those who think rated bgs are quite boring. Not saying remove rated bgs there will always be bg heroes but i'm thinking encourage arena a bit more instead of requiring rated bgs to cap your conquest points for the week.
I think instead of taking away the amount of points you can earn through arena's, make it so that if you participate in RBG's you get bonus amount. Similar to the way tanks and healers get a bonus currently in dungeons through the CTA's setup.

And seriously all the people here complaining about getting things shoved down your throat. I LOL at you. Try closing your mouth next time. If you don't like the way the game is set up, consider putting in useful alternatives instead of sitting here crying. If every person had it their own way in this game, they would all end up on their own private server.

*Passes out another drink*... Bold words my friend!

I really hate to generalize, but the reactions I've been seeing in here really get me to believe that PvPers are some of the most entitled people who play this game, even worse than the 'hardcore' raiders, and I dislike them, too.

again ppl are up at arms with being forced to do rbgs to get the max cap Nobody said i want free pvp epics and not have to do s*** to get them everyone perfers to arena because its more fun its better experience less ppl more skill involved its just better in every good aspect the only aspects rbgs beat arena is the negative ones
So, you've already hard-capped the conquest points per win in arena's...

..Now you are FORCING us to do RBG's to get capped...

Our guild is a small guild, we do 10man raids and maybe get a 5man group for regular BGs. We tried the fail RBGs one week and haven't done it since.

You are asking our 3-5 dedicated people to PVP by making us force 5-7 others who all don't want to do RBGs just to be capped for the week?

Are you seriously TRYING to lose more subs?

Cause it's working as intended :)
05/12/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Sakiri
What is changing is that in order to earn the same amount of points I am now, I have to do something I don't want to do. I did the raiding thing and I don't anymore because as soon as I have to adhere to schedules and worry about the other 90% showing up and on time, it just becomes a job

If I want to cap on Valor points in any given week, I have to do something I don't want to do; raid.

Welcome to our world.

YES YES! More of that! *passes another drink*

GOD I am having fun with this!
PvP and PvE are different designs. I don't PvP except casually but I'm not in here trying to force the PvE design on PvP like some other idiots here. PvP design thus far has been perfect. I don't know why they feel the need to change it.

If it's not broken, why "fix" it? In most cases this xpac, break it even more, duck tape it together, then call it the crown jewels.
If you think people get gear too fast... INCREASE THE PRICES! Or make less than 180 points per win. Either way its not going to fix the problem... and there will just be people with massive amounts of alts complaining that they have to choose between toons to play weekly.

Do NOT make us compete in an aspect of the game that we wish to avoid. There is FAR less skill involved in rated BGs than there is in arena. In arena you deal with counter comps, counter classes and all sorts of other things you need to deal with strategically. The only strategy involved in rated bgs (for the most part) is to get a geared pvp tank, sit healers and hope you have enough burst to kill their tank/healers before they kill yours... all while mass CCing the opposing faction.

I REALLY am trying to hold my composure at the moment because this change is simply absurd. You implemented something that not only a vast majority of the players do not enjoy or participate in but you fail to fix that system and instead just force players into it hoping that it rights the boat that just capsized.

I am trying really hard to understand why you won't let it rest that battlegrounds are NOT where pvp is and that the high requirements to participate in this sort of system successfully is absurd. The low rated players are forced to fill ques for two-three games a week for rated bgs... while the HIGH rated arena players (2300-3k) are penalized for being good at that particular aspect of the game by being forced into another aspect they choose to refrain from using? Just because you implement something to your game doesn't mean that the masses are going to use it... as a business you should know when to go back to the drawing board or cut your losses.

You need to listen to your playerbase in all aspects of the game and NOT just the PVE aspect. You are alienating the high rated pvpers who have made the arena system successful and instead of fixing PVP to be balanced you throw everyone into a melting pot and hope for the best. This is unacceptable. If this change goes live not only will my 9 subscriptions be teetering on the edge of cancellation i believe that the 600,000 people you just lost might happen again.

Don't let this idiotic change go through. Forcing people to do things they don't want just to compete is simply absurd and i hope the PVP community will stand by what they want and if it comes to it... will boycott rated bgs just like alliance boycotted AV in burning crusade till their wishes were granted.
My question to blizzard is..

You know players dont like changes that force them into doing things they don't want to in order to stay competetive. Why? RBG's are not fun to many people. They are incredibly time consuming and honestly not fun at all to me. Some like it. Great. I happy people have another avenue to pvp in that they enjoy.

I thought the whole point of having arena and RBG's was to allow people to choose their pvp. I honestly have been happy with cata so far. I put up with the nerf to Conquest point change because it was too easy to get gear that way.

Stop treating PvP like PvE. Its about getting the gear and playing against similarly geared players. The main draw for pvp to me has been grabbing a friend or two and jumping into bg's or arena. Its quick and fun.

I think I may be done with this game if it goes through. I really don't like the direction they seem to be taking pvp.