4.2 Conquest change

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next

The last statement can almost make me spit.. How arrogant? how condescending? Who are you to Feel anything? Time investment? Don't you mean Time sink?

Look maybe RBGs would be fun if I was not re-dropping Magma totem every other CD. How about you remove nodes and let PVP take place? Na..

RBGs are a failure.. Balance 3v3.

The End..

So yeah, I was going to think of something witty to say to this one; but honestly I feel like you killed off a few of my brain cells. So no wit for you.

There is literally nothing useful that I can take from that post aside from you are mad (enough to spit at least.) Reinterpreting Blizzard's statement does not make you look knowledgeable.

No I cant give you a *%**ing link .. but I can ignore your asinine posts and blatant trolling.

/ignored

I just wanted to know...I mean you attributed a statement to Blizzard and everything. I just wanted a link to make sure you were not just making up quotes in order to make your rant, I mean argument, seem more valid.
05/13/2011 02:40 AMPosted by Argurio
4- If you tell me "you are not obligated to do them none in world of warcraft is forced to do anything" well... i feel it like a false in part thing. After all you are forced to do it or you will "sucks". Is like when the devs nerfed the pally retri and made prot pvp impossible. That's actually impossible to don't feel obligated to spec holy. And now we will be forced to get raged in fail rated bgs with a ton of people that NEED to do the points to ocntinue doing arenas. I feel like the next step is deleting arenas and force us all to do rated bgs.

Yep, you don't have to do RBGs but you are pretty much being forced to do them. I mean why are PvPers getting punished because they don't enjoy RBGs or they don't (or can't) want to go through the task of getting the players together for a few hours to get 3 or so wins of tank turtling or flag aoeing to reach cap?

Just because a majority or people enjoy arenas over RBGs doesn't mean there must be something wrong with them, it might mean that they just don't enjoy RBGs as much as blizzard was anticipating.

This is the wrong way to go about it.
I think its also note worthy that 4 healers healing one tank is not skill either i was stocked about rbgs when i first heard about them. To be honest i was let down i thought hte rating system would rank ppl based on there performance in bgs(kills,damage,healing,objectives). Only to que and attack a invincible tank for 30minutes

I personally think in order for rbgs to be viable and do well ,one thing that needs to happen is a system that only allows for a certain number of healers/ tanks etc to be on a team.

As it stands now stacking is ruining the games. This system would balance the team comp to prevent unkillable flag carriers with 4 healers on them.
I am more of a pver than pvper, pvp is for a bit of fun for me no more. However this change looks like a subtle admission that rated BGs have been a failure.

Forcing people to take a particular path never ends well, all it does is cause resentment and unhappiness. Might see another 600,000 or more accounts go this quarter.

So yeah, I was going to think of something witty to say to this one....but honestly I feel like you killed off a few of my brain cells so no wit for you.

There is literally nothing useful that I can take from that post aside from you are mad (enough to spit at least.) Reinterpreting Blizzard's statement does not make you look knowledgeable.

Interesting how you have such strong thoughts about a change that has no effect on your heroic farming.
05/12/2011 08:36 PMPosted by Wirethrone
I don't think you understand that people don't care about battlegrounds. It is incredibly unbalanced and arena is much better either way. If you think having a tank holding the flag with four healers backing him up is fun then I don't know what to say. Don't feel like wasting 20 minutes of my time knowing we cannot kill that tank.

I think this is a very accurate assessment. People are not doing RBGs so much because they are not fun.

This change is nothing more than blackmail.

If Blizzard was really interested in getting more people to play RBGs they would open them up and make them as accessible as the 2 "new" heroics.

I still don't understand after 6 years of playing this game why Blizzard consistently sours PvP. It is as if there is a priority at Blizzard to make sure PvP is always more frustrating than PvE.

I think this is a very accurate assessment. People are not doing RBGs so much because they are not fun.

This change is nothing more than blackmail.

If Blizzard was really interested in getting more people to play RBGs they would open them up and make them as accessible as the 2 "new" heroics.

I still don't understand after 6 years of playing this game why Blizzard consistently sours PvP. It is as if there is a priority at Blizzard to make sure PvP is always more frustrating than PvE.

People also don't do them because of the time requirement, skill necessary, and people required. I can get ten people sure, but to be successful you need specific comps just like arena, with experienced people just like arena, and an overall quantity of players to actually make the process work. I don't do them personally because of that on top of the fact that you basically have "Aoe the flag" as a valid strategy. How the @@!* is that even remotely considered a high end pvp strategy?
So this is Blizzards answer? What happened to "we aren't trying to force our agenda on players?"

Rated BGs is a general failure the way it is currently implemented but some VP at Blizzard has a stake in "his/her idea" being a success so you're going to force people to play them.

It is pretty obvious what this is.
If you want people to participate, implement a RBG finder (similar to the dungeon finder in wrath) where people can put their name down with spec, stats etc. At present, if your guild doesn't do RBGs then you are at the mercy of the trade channel to find a group. Not sure about other servers, but finding a RBG pick up group is quite the rarity.
Its Blizzard trying to revive a mediocre pvp system they implemented with rated BGs by forcing people who only enjoy arenas to do them to maximize potential.

I thought it was simple really.

Its strange that Blizzard moved AWAY from that when they gave 10 man raids the ability to get legendaries just like 25 mans, and making them share the exact same loot.

I think they are a bit confused.

No I cant give you a *%**ing link .. but I can ignore your asinine posts and blatant trolling.

/ignored

I just wanted to know...I mean you attributed a statement to Blizzard and everything. I just wanted a link to make sure you were not just making up quotes in order to make your rant, I mean argument, seem more valid.

Are you attempting to impersonate me by writing the post you quoted in order to elaborate on your pointless remark because I was ignoring the trolling comments of a PvEr? Just a hint (if that is what you are attempting) don't make the writing style the same as your own, I would never do the "..." thing in the middle of a post, it looks sloppy.

Interesting how you have such strong thoughts about a change that has no effect on your heroic farming.

Okay, I'll bite little gnome.

I have played this game for over six years. I have been PvPing off and on for years now in battlegrounds as I tend to like objective based PvP or simple killing the other team PvP. Before Cata was released I had a max level of every class but a priest and a warlock. And I've played at least a bit off all those classes in PvP under a number of specs. I played this game when people in arenas scoffed at the notion that bg's should in any way give the best rewards - two expansions of it to be exact. As for PvPing, I do that more on my rogue.

Now, Blizzard is trying to encourage people to engage in more aspects of the game, and as usual people do not like the change. People would only do 2's because organizing teams of 3 and 5 people were harder. So they ensured that to get the best rewards people would have to do more than 2's in arena.

If you do not like RBG's, then do not do them - you just won't get the max points. It works the same for PvE players. And of course most of you won't like this - you benefit from the ease of getting points in arenas! Oh woe that you will actually have to work for the top fraction of the points you get a week. A number of the posters here even admit that it's a pain to try and get a RBG group together; and that's perhaps the best argument in favor of this change. If something is hard you should be rewarded for it if your investment in time and effort pays off. If something is easier, there should be less reward or incentive for it.

Construe the argument all you want, but Blizzard does not like the fact that people are getting the rewards they are in the amount of time and effort invested. You can take it as a failure on the part of rated battlegrounds, but in truth why do something that takes more effort when you can get the same reward for minimal effort?

Are you attempting to impersonate me by writing the post you quoted in order to elaborate on your pointless remark because I was ignoring the trolling comments of a PvEr? Just a hint (if that is what you are attempting) don't make the writing style the same as your own, I would never do the "..." thing in the middle of a post, it looks sloppy.

Actually no, not my alt. I did not look at the name of the player I had quoted and just assumed it was the same person because of the level of offense they took. Since I asked for a link I figured that the person responding was the same person. Sorry, but I just didn't care enough to bother...which is perhaps sloppy on my part.

The matter still remains however, show me a link to that quote.